Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS Discussion

*munch munch munch*

I'm too busy eating my words about P4 needing a new engine to say how beautiful it looks. Stunning work gentleman. Truly a work of art.

Hellshade

Pass the salt please...

and the pepper..........OUTSTANDING!!!!

Looking at the level of progress in the screenies provided simply leaves me panting with anticipation. P4 has all the hallmarks of a real classic.

I've suggested this before, but if you feel like it would be a good idea to help fund the development of OFF, please consider offering plane packs for sale. I dislike the business model of the other sim (having to pay for every new aircraft), but I'd be willing to buy aircraft expansion packs, especially if they contained new two-seaters and other bombers.

I agree with Hasse Wind. I think the idea has great merit. An expansion pack to P4 just containing several additional two-seaters (and perhaps a campaign to go with them) at a reasonable cost would be a real bonus. Of course it would only follow after the release of P4, and time has passedfor a well deserved rest by the team! :)

I'm about halfway through Schlachtflieger by Dan San Abbott (RIP) and Rick Duiven (RIP). One of the best books on two-seater actions in WWI. Really has whet my appetite for this sort of action.

edit:

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/people/40005-rick-duiven-passed-away.html

shredward

Edited by shredward
Rick went West

Hasse Wind's idea about "Additional Aircraft Packages" after P4 is a good one,

and I would like to make my statement here, that it wouldn't have any "immoral aftertaste" for me at all.

Other sims do the same.

It would be like "food rations" on the long march to P5 then, keeping everyone's appetite up for more.

And those who don't think they need the additional planes, just don't need to buy them.

BTW I did actually hit something with the Lee Enfield too lol but you are pretty much fly swatting with a toothpick.

A machine gun and a Lee Enfield for the BE2c - good bye, easy meat!

I always wondered, if they might have used sniper guns in early planes.

This looks all so very good, that one wants to fly British side, Sir - is that your masterplan, to lure me away from my Albatros?

Do we Germans also get anything new, or do we still have to travel around and sleep in tents?

Anything, the German side? Perchance?

:grin:

BTW I did actually hit something with the Lee Enfield too lol but you are pretty much fly swatting with a toothpick.

I am sooo going to try and snipe an enemy pilot with the Enfield. Video at 11... :P

Amazing gunner faces, guys. The detail in all of it is truly stunning.

Hellshade

Fantastic! As always great work gentleman and thanks for the snippets of info. to keep us all salivating like Polovski's dogs...or was that Pavlov's? :dntknw:

Polovski's Dog! Good one! Mmuahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!

Would I be presumptuous to ask for a tentative release date?

I'll even settle yearly quarters.

Great shots!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

One question though...

I always thought that the Lee Enfield Mk.4 was a WWII rifle...and only the Mk.III was used in WWI.

Is it historical? :dntknw:

Thanks guys, it's all coming together well from everyone working hard in the team. Rex has done some magic stuff too but for another time..

Release date? LOL

Olham I don't think there's much to worry about the angle is small for the Lewis pretty tied up in between struts oh and avoiding the pilot's forehead!

Elephant well there are all sorts of variants even within the marks themselves but it is an Mk.III (first out around 1904 I think).

I bet the guys who want to use it won't care about that, elephant.

Very nice. An armed BE2 will be a much appreciated addition to Phase 4. I like Povloski's hints that cool stuff is getting tried out and working well.

f***. Ing. Hell.

Thanks Pol - that's astonishing stuff on the BE2 series. I'm extremely grateful that you've listened to us and made such a superb job of putting that that m/c where it should be. The rifle is a wonderful aside, and makes me wonder if you're planning to go back further than 1915 with P4?? Finally, if all the pilots and observers are to be modelled to the standard of that BE2 observer, then that would be superb.

A very great piece of work. Well done indeed.

Cheers,

Si

Great shots!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

One question though...

I always thought that the Lee Enfield Mk.4 was a WWII rifle...and only the Mk.III was used in WWI.

Is it historical? :dntknw:

You're quite right, the Lee Enfield No.4 did not see the light of active service until well into World War 2, the Mark III aka the No.1 is right for WW1 tho I would have thought some sort of carbine would have been taken aloft rather than a full-size rifle the German aircrew commonly used a Mauser KAR98b IIRC - but I'm not complaining, as long as the BE gets that flexible Lewis, that'll do me, why go 'Bang!' when you can go "Taka-taka-taka!'.

That first shot of the BE with the Einie on its tail is a beauty. If the BE were more centred without a wing being cut off that'd be my new wallpaper!

As for the rest... it's all promising so much that I'm speechless with desire and doubling my lottery-winning efforts with a view to a dedicated early retirement.