standard 80000 by default Dave, haven't pushed them back myself yet

standard 80000 by default Dave, haven't pushed them back myself yet

Ha, I was wondering when my avatar and Dave's would get confused. I'm referencing some earlier posts in the thread, actually - I've pushed the boundaries back from 80000 to 35000 and 10000, but I'm still getting the planes flying backwards and sideways. Guess I'll really wait until the patch to figure it out, there are just too many other things to worry about. It's just an annoyance, mostly.

lol, sorry Shotgun, I was typing fast :grin:

At the moment I am trying to give the Soviets a taste of their own medicine in the form of a B-70 strike with AGM-48B Skybolt missiles. A conventional cruse missile mod of the AGM-48A included in the B-70 pack. I am not having much luck with it so far. Does anyone have any advice on how to get such a scenario working?

I don't think the problem is with the wall. Them hitting the wall is just the outcome.

Something must be going on at the south west edge of the map that I don't know. Keep getting a few flights, from both enemy and friendly AI scripted to go there, to intercept each other...

Must be a bug in the mission generation phase. Which is one of quite a few with that part of the game engine..

Edited by PureBlue

Ha, I was wondering when my avatar and Dave's would get confused.

:lol: Im changing my avatar now.

very funny :rofl:

just a lil progress update on the AWACs Voice edit, im down to just filtering the last 160 or so (the flight names etc), but i had to stop for the day to run errands.

and took pat benetar off? stop caving in Dave! :grin:

Greetings,

I've seen some discussions comparing TMF F-14 and TK's A model and I want to know which model is better at physically capturing the F-14A? Me, I look at the MF phoenix rails and they seem a little off to me (a little too smooth, an F-14 guru would know). I mention that because it seems like a glaring omission to me when everyone gives it such high praise. That is a nitpick, but everyone has their own definition of quality. The cockpits, . . . ,every artist/modeller has their own style. Fly'em both.

Spiff

what are the odds for some sort of transition on the coasts ?

only if built into the terrain mesh, so for Iceland, none I guess

any chance maybe by faking it on the terrain tiles textures ?

nope, the new engine works differently

Any modder is interested to "convert" another terrains in making them able for carrier operations like the Iceland Map??

There another interesting terrains for that feature. Vietnam, Libya, Desert Storm, etc...

PD: I tried but I couldn't, I was opening the INI files from the Iceland map but I didn't find any carrier stations. :dntknw:

Any modder is interested to "convert" another terrains in making them able for carrier operations like the Iceland Map??

There another interesting terrains for that feature. Vietnam, Libya, Desert Storm, etc...

PD: I tried but I couldn't, I was opening the INI files from the Iceland map but I didn't find any carrier stations. :dntknw:

You must add "NavalMap:true" to the first paragraph of data in the Terrain.ini, is the Nations ini includes a naval nation (USN) their naval aircraft shall spawn from carriers anywhere in the sea portion of the terrain

Thanks for the tip!! :good: I am going to try it.

Hi!

I dont know if it has been already covered before, but you can use and play SF2:NA even if you have only WinXP. Installer works fine and as long as you are not using the Iceland map, there's no problems at all to enjoy the full benefits of the Tomcat and the CVBG on others maps. Hope this help!

Fastergekko

That is mostly true, but not entirely. It will only work if you use a merged install. because the SF2NA executable requires a dll that XP lacks. Download my terrain of you want a Iceland remake that works properly in XP.

That's right, i missed the point. it works only with a merged install.

Fastergekko

I tried using the "NavalMap=TRUE" in the Libyan terrain. It works but not good, carrier operations work but the battle groups are in random places in the map. Most of the times...in the LAND!! and not in water.

yes, that's because you need to DEFINE the 'naval action areas' on the _water.bmp. Covered in several other threads, too

yes, that's because you need to DEFINE the 'naval action areas' on the _water.bmp. Covered in several other threads, too

I seem to be unable to find a guide to this. Could you please point me in the right direction as neither search engine or visual scan does not seem to aid me.

you're gonna make me look for it, aren't you JR??? :lol:

well, I can't find it either! I know pureblue wrote the post!

what you need to do, is have the water bmp, and add in the areas, like below (pureblue did this one for me for the Persian Gulf -- it actually needs another in the Arabian Sea, to the east, and several small 'enemy' surface action group stations in the straits of hormuz, near busher and in the middle near kish island)

anyway, you see the color swatches on the left? the dark green is for friendly, the pukey light green is enemy. Taken from the example seen on the IcelandNA_water.bmp

now, how the enemy station will work for an enemy withOUT carriers, I don't think we've figured out yet. (in this case, the Iranians only have firgates, destroyers, FABs, etc)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..