First mission runs fine. Accept. Second mission and the waypoints are all messed up.

Restored my back up and applied the patch.

Same thing.

I get one good mission, then the odd waypoints. If I exit from the mission planning screen, I can't get into the campaign anymore, it locks the game up.

Parked aircraft on carrier decks now displaying proper type names and decals.

Anyone had a chance to see if naval units and carrier-based aircraft can use tours commands?

Restored my back up and applied the patch.

Same thing.

I get one good mission, then the odd waypoints. If I exit from the mission planning screen, I can't get into the campaign anymore, it locks the game up.

Did some more testing of my situation.

It's any naval campaign. Rolling Thunder, Linebacker I, Linebacker II or Northern Sabre.

First mission is as expected. Second mission has strange waypoints and no carrier.

I did a fresh install from the April 12 installation exes and the problem is persists.

TK seems also to have locked Naval Search from being flyable.'

TSF also seems to be completly busted. Time to hunt a bug. Any ideas on where to start?

EDIT: Seems like it was the patch install that was botched. Reinstalling entire game. Weeeeee!

Edited by JonathanRL

I may not have noticed before, but this is the first time I've seen Zil-157s toting MIM-14s. Little weird seeing soviet trucks pulling missiles labeled US ARMY.

TK seems also to have locked Naval Search from being flyable.'

TSF also seems to be completly busted. Time to hunt a bug. Any ideas on where to start?

EDIT: Seems like it was the patch install that was botched. Reinstalling entire game. Weeeeee!

Keep a Base install Zipped man, if something goes wrong, you delete the install, open the Zip extract to the folder...

its tons quicker than running the installs for SF2, SF2v, SF2e, SF2i, SF2exp1, SF2exp2, patch patch patch.

I wonder what changed in the SF2 Desert campaign files...

Looks like all he changed was some minor adjustments to the positions of one of the strategic nodes (in case anyone was wondering).

Also, in case anyone was wondering the only changes in the A-6A/E/E_79 _data.ini files was finally making the inner weapons stations "racklimitoutsideonly=true". Loadouts had some minor changes, but nothing big.

I have Stary's Effects pack and my AAA pack installed, and I didn't have any CTD's. Flew a strike over Israel, and was stoked to see my wingman stay in perfect formation down at 150' AGL!

Did some more testing of my situation.

It's any naval campaign. Rolling Thunder, Linebacker I, Linebacker II or Northern Sabre.

First mission is as expected. Second mission has strange waypoints and no carrier.

I did a fresh install from the April 12 installation exes and the problem is persists.

Complete vanilla install? No mods whatsoever?

Just asking for clarity.

Also, in case anyone was wondering the only changes in the A-6A/E/E_79 _data.ini files was finally making the inner weapons stations "racklimitoutsideonly=true". Loadouts had some minor changes, but nothing big.

So the only changes in the A-6 are what we were about to release anyway! LOL, at least that makes the job easier.

Edited by HomeFries

A few more things.

Any better textures for Iceland, or is there still no proper coast line and untextured boxes at the airbases?

What about the ships? Can they be sunk now?

Just waiting on the final words from you guys and I'll install this weekend if it's positive.

P.S. Post some screens of the fixes.

A few more things.

Any better textures for Iceland, or is there still no proper coast line and untextured boxes at the airbases?

Nope, same as before...

What about the ships? Can they be sunk now?

Not sure what you mean, I could sink them before too...

Not sure what you mean, I could sink them before too...

The ships in all other maps (not NA) could not be sunk. The bombs/missile entered, but simply exploded in the water.

Bummer about the Iceland textures. Thank goodness for 3rd parties. We should pay them...

So the only changes in the A-6 are what we were about to release anyway! LOL, at least that makes the job easier.

Yep! I was happy to see that. :grin:

Complete vanilla install? No mods whatsoever?

Just asking for clarity.

No mods.

I keep a separate copy of the game to mod in, like adding the F-104. And my modding is limited to that simple level of adding a plane here and there.

I know the first finger of blame when there's a problem is "you made changes" so I keep a stock install for when things break. If the stock install is running fine and my modded one isn't; it's definitely something I did. If both installs are borked, it's prolly not something I did. I have yet to have a modded one work and the stock one be broke, but I am open to the experience.

Hello

Small bug with SF2V since may 2012 patch : no briefing

gallery_2818_580_3763.jpg

I've had that issue for quite a while now. Never figured out what might be causing it, but I can figure out by the map and loadout what I gotta do.

The Alpha Strikes on the Soviet BattleGroup are quite easy, possibly related to me moving a battleship led squadron into their fleet with the Mission Editor

I have quite a mod light install, and got no bugs except for the screen freezing the first time i played

Edited by macelena

was sitting on the deck waiting to launch, pressed the wheel brakes key, and my wingman said Error, Unable to Launch, the Cats are Locked...AAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

My GPU gets back monday, no idea when the PS/2 cable i ordered for my Saitek will get here,

unless you want me to test with the Xbox controller... lol..

I believe there is an expansion pack coming out. My reasoning for this is after patching to the May 2012 patch level i was reinstalling some mods and accidentally clicked on the version .ini file. there i found this:

[Version]

BuildDate=May 2012

StrikeFighters2=FALSE

StrikeFighters2 Vietnam=FALSE

StrikeFighters2 Europe=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Israel=FALSE

StrikeFighters2 Exp1=FALSE

StrikeFighters2 Exp2=FALSE

StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp3=FALSE <-----------

[OnlineNews]

LastUpdateVersion=May 2012

LastDLCCount=15

For anny sceptics no i did not make this up. I found this randomly. Just a thought. check it out for yourself and let me know.

expansion 3 has been in the works for 6-9+ months; a well known subject

Contrary to the patch notes, my missiles are still useless. Three AIM-7s and two AIM-9s didn't even dent a Tu-16.

I've seen a BearD set on wing-to-wing fire by two 'winders.

Its inconsistent - watched AI fire AIM-7s at a lone Bear - 1 direct hit in the centre of the Bear - net result was a few black smudges on the right wing as it flew on!

I found so far two 3rd party effects files causing a 30% CTD....

AV-8EngineEffect

J79ExhaustEmitter

By removing those my CTD went away.