Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Strike Fighters Android is out on Google Play

Tried it on my Galaxy Note - works great. Game play looks arcade, but that does not mean it is easy to shoot down an enemy, even with AIM-9 armed Hun...

So far I am happy to be in touch with the SF series even when I am away from my computer :drinks:

I hope that brings through adds more cash to Thirdwire, that can be invested in SP3 for SF2:E

The biggest problem for me according to Google Play is my OS version, technically Gingerbread fits my phone but Samsung didn't release official version so I would have to root my phone to do it and that's a weee bit too much for me...

Przemek this ad on your first pic is so hilarious that I felt from chair LOL

For non polish, just translate "biegunka" word...

• Like 1

LOL is it really? I could see it being called that way in Croatian too but it never crossed my mind.. :lol:

Przemek this ad on your first pic is so hilarious that I felt from chair LOL

ArturR sadly this was the only ad loaded so I had no option but to take a pic with it... Was wondering if anyone here could notice (of polish and slavic languages group speakers that is)

ArturR sadly this was the only ad loaded so I had no option but to take a pic with it... Was wondering if anyone here could notice (of polish and slavic languages group speakers that is)

You know they say IOS and Android App Ads take their source material from information on the phone? :blink:

Edited by JonathanRL
  • Like 1

on Droid it asks one if he wants personalised ads...

For who asked....

480382_10151207309383921_1639949172_n.jpg

190308_10151207314608921_196552434_n.jpg

63144_10151207320778921_285545025_n.jpg

198655_10151207327353921_2086193601_n.jpg

249512_10151207334273921_408703603_n.jpg

541072_10151207349423921_585112920_n.jpg

480701_10151207360433921_1461961924_n.jpg398286_10151207367833921_1200315544_n.jpg254551_10151207372548921_1121826377_n.jpg

The ads are removed if you drop some pennies to TK, 99c per plane and the game gets ad free.

So Angry Fighters got an USAF stock F-16 and we do not...yet

I wonder if the neat textured sky dome feature will make it into SF2... kind of nice visual addition that would be IMO

F-16A?? TK's way of sayin kwitchyerbitchin? or hopefully a upcoming release in PC version...................

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 1

Say, do any of the SF2 sims have the Mig-17PF as stock...because SFA does...

FC

Yes, I have a SF2+V+E install and the 17PF is there... guess it came with one of the updates...

Interesting...just unlocked the Mirage III ... radar missiles enabled...

FC

it's pretty fun. i guess weve seen where tks taking his business and now im bailin out.

peace tk

It remains to be seen where TK is going to take SF2 development beyond previously announced releases.

I doubt it is going to swing back toward what I like/want based on all the hard-coded tweaking during the run up to and after the release of SF2NA.

I will use the upcoming Mirage expansion pack to make a decision as to whether I will continue to buy more Third Wire releases.

As for the Android game, I don't even have a phone or tablet to play it on.

My only cell phone is a basic camera phone issued by my employer and I don't want or own a tablet.

DCS, on the other hand, is giving me a MiG-21bis and a UH-1, both aircraft that TK should have provided as flyables.

I still find it extremely ironic that exactly as Third Wire began steering away from my preferences, ED steered toward them.

I don't think either one consciously did so, certainly not intentionally carving up the market, but the timing and precision couldn't be better for me :)

I wouldn't jump quite that quickly...DanW has said they aren't abandoning the PC. SFA just represents another revenue stream. And unlike PCs, I'd imagine tech support will be minimal...so unless he expands SFA (which they could...A2G anyone) the only support/patching required would be bug fixes, considering there is a ton of DLC baked into SFA already.

Anyway, decided to download the F-15C to 'get all the features'. You get IRM,SAHM,audio RWR, and decoys (plus refillable gun). Radar screen shows bandits and missiles (incoming and outgoing). SAHM is more like AHM but it takes a LONG time to get to 99 percent, and yep, you can still miss. IRMs lock on faster but shorter range and not all aspect...and you can still miss. Actually had a situation where IRM locked on one plane and SAHM locked on the other. And it was TOUGH...I got slaughtered in the first minute by missiles flying everywhere.

DLC download does remove ads, but only unlocks that specific aircraft and variant...does not unlock other aircraft or years. So it could get expensive if you tried to buy everything. Also, becuase the difficulty level ramps up as you progress, and points between year advances increase, downloading one or two new aircraft won't allow you to rack up points much faster than you would trying to slog through everything.

FC

I've been shot in head to head with guns, that's nice :smile:

• Like 1

Ok I downloaded it and played on my 10" tablet and it is visually the best flight sim on android

Do I like it as a game...not so interested.

but I dont understand why there is no message: Do you like it? try full Strike fighters on PC!!!

TK is missing customers here.

Monty CZ

With all titles merged, SF has MiG-17, 17F, and 17PF. Don't ask me which ones came with which titles, I don't have any non-merged installs. I've got 5 already!

to be fair Air Wing gives more in term of "simulation" with cockpit view and functioning gear/flaps not to mention A2G

I think TK might have plans of adding more to it with updates though

I like having a choice of viewing the TW page or not...there are links right in the options screen for the ThirdWire and TW FaceBook page. Better than ads that pop up during gameplay...

Decided to compare/contrast this with a few other options on Android. Stuck with jet or jetlike sims for comparison...which narrows the field. In addition, the other sims had to have good ratings for gameplay and stability (quite a few didn't). Plus, I had to have actually played them.

For pure flight simulation, F-Sim's Space Shuttle and X-Plane for Android are pretty darn good. Both do a good job in simulating flight. Space Shuttle focuses on post reentry Shuttle flight to landing and rollout and is very nitpicky. X-Plane is general flight, but includes multiplayer and several aircraft and locations. Both sims allow adjustment of winds, weather, day or night, etc. Both also have cockpit views, though X-Plane's is more generic.

For jet air combat on Android, Air Navy Fighters is pretty hard to beat. You have the F-18, F-14, and C-2 (!) available with the F-18 in the free version. There is a campaign available, and most interestingly, a mission/terrain editor that allows you to build terrains, create missions and drop in targets. And upload them for others to play. No multiplayer, but cockpit and HUD views. Weapons are gun and generic A2A and A2G missiles. Gameplay is similar to something like HAWX or Ace Combat. Landings and T/Os feel decent, though not to the same standard as X-Plane...but there are specific controls for Throttle, Speedbrake and landing gear. These are the guys who did the F-18 Carrier Landing game, which also has gotten good reviews.

FC

I looked at Air Wing, but it got a lot of flack for stability, so I didn't try it. Decent game?

FC