Are there any Hi-Res skins for the F-105? I've been searching the download selection but I haven't come across anything yet or I possibly just skipped over it. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks!

For some reason I can't upload any photos anymore so here is a couple screen shots uploaded to imageshack.us

http://imageshack.us/a/img441/1391/img00046z.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/2746/img00007a.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img13/866/img00045hi.jpg

As far as I know there isn't one... maybe the Mirage Factory jets are but I don't fly the Thud to really know...

if you can't upload pics, try cleaning out your attachments...

go to "My Profile", and find the "manage attachments" tab, and delete from teh oldest forward

if you can't upload pics, try cleaning out your attachments...

go to "My Profile", and find the "manage attachments" tab, and delete from teh oldest forward

Wrench - Thank you! I had no idea what was going on. Now I can post to the SF2 Screenshot page :) YAY!!!

The uppermost link above predates SF2 (Dec 2008) so the mapping will probably be way off.

Spinners - I noticed that as well when I went to the page. The detail looks good. There isn't a way to really fix that is there without a lot of screwing around right?

As far as I know there isn't one... maybe the Mirage Factory jets are but I don't fly the Thud to really know...

EricJ - Damnit! I expect one now with cats everywhere! I'll check Mirage Factory though and see what they've got. I always tend to forget about them for some reason ever when they make half the planes I like to fly! ha sorry guys.......

Well if you're using the default F-105 Dave's link works pretty well for high-res also... and no cats :smile:

The Hill AFB skins will fit well, cause they are for SF2 Thud.

The other one won´t work well, cause it´s for the SF1 model....

I was actually doing some work on the Hill AFB skins that Daddyairplanes made, tried to polish them up a little using the Fake Template ™ method. I forgot to upload them though, need to get on that one:

gallery_19311_669_112789.jpg

gallery_19311_669_6811.jpg

• Like 5

and remember if you use mine, either use the squadronlist.ini I provided or rename the decals. I plugged the 466th TFS into the ini so it would call out the decals. a much further down the road project is to do decal packs for the ANG and AFRES on the Thud and the Hun, as well as the SLUF. but that's more two months than two weeks out.

I was actually doing some work on the Hill AFB skins that Daddyairplanes made, tried to polish them up a little using the Fake Template ™ method. I forgot to upload them though, need to get on that one:

gallery_19311_669_112789.jpg

gallery_19311_669_6811.jpg

I need to change my pants now..................... :blush:

Oh my god pleaseeee send them to me....dear god........

and remember if you use mine, either use the squadronlist.ini I provided or rename the decals. I plugged the 466th TFS into the ini so it would call out the decals. a much further down the road project is to do decal packs for the ANG and AFRES on the Thud and the Hun, as well as the SLUF. but that's more two months than two weeks out.

Thank you for the info Daddyairplanes. I'll certainly remember to do that. Do your squadronlist.ini able to go right into the Vietnam Mod pack that is out?

I'll look forward to your update in the next few months as well!

Ok finally uploaded the F-105d skins now, pending approval. Once again, thanks goes to Daddyairplanes for the heavy lifting.

Do you think I should upload the updated templates as well?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By dtmdragon

View File F-105B Thunderchief (Stand in)
      Republic F-105B Thunderchief (Stand in)

Uses the TW F-105D model as a stand in with the following mods:

- Removed nose pitot tube and added one to the left outer wing via fakepilot method.

- Data.ini edits (weight, thrust, service year etc).

- Ranging radar only.

- Re-painted and re-panel lined the nose to re-shape it into that of the F-105B.

- Moved cannon port.

- Canopy can open.

- Removed bombay fuel tank.

- Cockpit is from the F-84F as the F-105B did not have the 'tape' style instruments or a radar scope like the F-105D

- Added 'fighter sweep' mission as if a shooting war had developed during the Cuban Missile Crisis some of the 4th TFW F-105B Squadrons were tasked with an Air Superiority role.

- One generic USAF silver skin using stock decals and another for the 335th TFS, 4th TFW that forward deployed to Macoy AFB during the October 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

To Install:

- Un-pack and drop into your mods folder.

Credits:

- TW for the F-105D.

- Sundowner for the template.

- Zurawski & Gunrunner for the cockpit.
      Submitter dtmdragon Submitted 09/22/2016 Category F-105  
    • By slick cowboy

View File USAF Desert Scheme
      These are desert skins for the stock TW F-4C/D, F-100D_64/68 and F-105D_66.
      The F-4 desert skins don't replace the stock ones in the game, so you can still use both.
      They refer to the same stock decals though.

F-4 skins made with Sundowner's templates.
      F-100D skins made with hgbn's hi-res template.
      F-105D skin made with Sundowner last hi-res template (I included the bump maps)

Installation:

I made separate folders for the various aircraft types in which you'll find the desert skin folder.
      Paste the folder in the corresponding aircraft folder in your mod folder.

That's pretty much it...

Cheers
      Submitter slick cowboy Submitted 12/20/2013 Category What If Skins  
    • By Sheriff001

View File The Other CF-105 (CF-105 Thunderchief)
      This is a what-if mod of the stock F-105D Thunderchief, with Sundowner's new high-resolution skins for the Royal Canadian Air Force/Canadian Armed Forces Air Command.

Backstory

During the late 1950s, Canada agreed to take on a nuclear strike role in NATO. The aircraft that took on this role would replace the Canadair Sabre. The RCAF considered several designs including the Grumman F11F Tiger, the Lockheed F-104G Starfighter, the Northrop N-156F, and the Republic F-105 Thunderchief.

The F-105 variant offered to the RCAF was an F-105D equipped with an Orenda Iroquois engine. Two prototypes were constructed in 1959, using engines that had been constructed for the cancelled Avro Arrow. The marriage of Iroquois to F-105 was not a happy one. The Iroquois was an excellent engine when used operated at high altitude and high speed, the operating environment of an interceptor. When operated at transonic and supersonic speeds at low level, the engine proved unreliable. A catastrophic turbine failure at 400 ft and Mach 0.95 resulted in a fatal crash. This, combined with the escalating cost of developing the Iroquois forced the Government to cancel the Iroquois and opt for a standard F-105D. Canadian content was kept by having Pratt and Whitney Canada built the J75 engines under licence.

With the Cold War heating up fast, the RCAF received its Thunderchiefs quickly. Five RCAF squadrons were equipped including 421, 422, 427, 439. and 441 Squadrons. For nuclear strike, their standard loadout was a Mark 28 nuclear bomb, two or four Sidewinders, and two drop tanks. The Thuds could also carry out conventional strike missions using a variety of bombs, missiles, and rockets.

In 1965, the RCAF deployed 427 Squadron to RAAF Ubon in Thailand to operate beside the F-105s of 2 Squadron RAAF. Between 1965 and 1972, the Canadian and Australian Thunderchiefs bombed thousands of targets across North Vietnam.

Upon their withdrawal from Vietnam, the CF-105 Thunderchiefs returned to Europe. The Trudeau Government removed their nuclear strike mission, leaving them as conventional strike aircraft only. For this reason, all the CF-105s were painted dark green, and given the new "symmetrical" marking scheme. The aircraft were refurbished after Vietnam to give them another ten years of life, and recently retired Thuds from USAF stocks replenished Canadian losses.

The Thuds remained in Canadian Service until 1984, when they were replaced by the CF-18. The CF-105G Wild Weasel continued until 1987.

Skins
      RCAF Natural Metal - Initial skin, natural metal with RCAF Markings. RCAF SEA Camo - Introduced in 1966 for Canadian Thuds deployed to Vietnam. Standard RCAF markings. CAF Natural Metal - Used in Europe & Canada after 1968. CAF marking scheme. CAF SEA - Used in Vietnam after 1968, and introduced in Europe during depot maintenance. CAF marking scheme. CAF Green - Dark Green scheme used in Europe after 1973. Symmetrical marking scheme. Remained until retirement.

The F-105D has only the RCAF skins. All skins are offered for the F-105D_66

Installation

Copy the contents of ModFolder into your mod folder. Merge/overwrite when prompted.

Notes

This mod contains a Squadronlist.ini file. If you do not wish to alter your own, then you should add the following into your squadronlist.ini:

[squadron569]
      Name=421CAF
      DisplayName=No. 421 Squadron
      Nation=Canada

[squadron570]
      Name=422CAF
      DisplayName=No. 422 Squadron
      Nation=Canada

[squadron571]
      Name=427CAF
      DisplayName=No. 427 Squadron
      Nation=Canada

[squadron574]
      Name=439CAF
      DisplayName=No. 439 Squadron
      Nation=Canada

[squadron575]
      Name=441CAF
      DisplayName=No. 441 Squadron
      Nation=Canada

Should these numbers not correspond with those in your squadronlist.ini, then change the numbers on the file, and the filenames of the SQN decals accordingly.

In order to get the correct roundel and Canadian flag, you can change the active date for Canada in your nations.ini from 1968 to 1965. This means that in the menus, you will see "Canadian Armed Forces" three years early, but in the sim, you will get the present Canadian flag and the stylised maple leaf roundel used today.

To access nuclear weapons for Canada, I recommend making nation specific version of the various US nuclear weapons (e.g. Mk43_Canada), rather than making them exportable.

To make your own F-105 skins, use Sundowner's templates: http://combatace.com/files/file/14427-hi-res-tw-f-105d-templates/

No apologies for being cheeky with the designation CF-105.

Credits

TK: Stock F-105D, TW series
      Sundowner: Hi-Res F-105 templates and skins
      Submitter Sheriff001 Submitted 12/10/2013 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Centurion-1

View File F-105D PSD Layered Templates for SF2
      These are layered Photoshop templates for the stock Thirdwire F-105D sized 1024x1024. These are made partially by hand and partially by superimposing modified stock USAF silver textures, so the overall detail is 99% of the default skins + a little extra in the form of new paint chips and weathering.

Credits:
      Me
      Ludo M.54 for initial work (rivets and panel lines)

To be noted i use blending effects to achieve uniform colors a lot so if some layer does not change color if you try a hue/saturation change, that's why. So go instead to Blending options and color overlay. I use this to achieve uniform coloring on all textures.

Have fun!
      Submitter Centurion-1 Submitted 06/02/2013 Category Skin Templates  
    • By daddyairplanes

View File F-105D Hill AFB Skins
      Semi Historical Hill AFB F-105D Skins

The 466th TFS, USAF Reserve, was lhe last operator of the F-105 Thunderchief. They flew their last mission before converting to the F-16A in 1984. Due to how
      long they flew the 'Thud' and their proximity to Ogden Air Logistics Center, where many aircraft go to be repainted, they flew 3 Thuds in colors other than the traditional SEA camo. Those schemes (SEA Wraparound, European 1, and a one off Desert scheme based on the pattern of the first two) are represented here.
      Also provided are black tailcode for the 466th ('HI') and 50 black serial numbers. Sorry only 50 as the Thud was getting rarer by that time. The first 10 serials are
      historical with the first 3 being the ones used by the aircraft so painted. the other
      40 numbers are redone TW serials spanning FY59-62.
      This is not a completely accurate rendition, the pattern is different than T.O. 1-1-4
      states for SEA Wraparound and Euro 1. What I did was to wraparound the stock skin, then
      swap the colors (as was done IRL). I also did not do the nose art's for the aircraft
      due to other commmitments, and lack of time.
      Much credit goes to :
      ludo.54m for his templates, which allowed me more freedom to color while keeping the
      panel lines and rivets
      Soulfreak, both for the idea and material support with references
      TK for the stock bird and decals
      the greater CA community for support and education over the years
      Included in the mod are
      Desert, Euro 1 and SEA Wraparound skins
      my Expanded Squadronlist.ini, which puts 466th TFS as selectable in menu
      the Photoshop templates I used to create this mod.
      Installation
      unzip the files, copy and paste to the appropriate folders. Allow merging of
      Aircraft and Decal folders. Enjoy

Thank you for downloading this mod!
      daddyairplanes aka
      Kevin Unruh
      16 Jan 2013
      Submitter daddyairplanes Submitted 01/17/2013 Category F-105  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.