Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Its only a game!

Apparently

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/soccer-referee-in-brazil-beheaded-by-angry-fans-after-stabbing-player-to-death/story-fndkzvnd-1226675487467

A SOCCER referee in Brazil was beheaded by angry fans after he stabbed a player to death.

Police in northern Brazil say one man has been arrested after the incident in a local league match in the town of Pio XII.

Local reports said the referee, Octavio da Silva, stabbed Josenir dos Santos after the player became involved in a physical confrontation with sa Silva and then refused to leave the field.

Dos Santos died while being taken to hospital.  

Outraged spectators reportedly stormed the field and stoned the referee before decapitating him and putting his head on a stake in the middle of the ground.

A 27-year-old man was arrested on July 2, while the investigation is continuing.

Almost 50,000 people were murdered in Brazil in 2010 and the country is under pressure to show it is a safe place to visit ahead of next year's World Cup and the 2016 Olympic Games.

they take their footy very seriously in South America !!! remember the Soccer Wars in the 60's or was it the 50's...cant remember

they take their footy very seriously in South America !!! remember the Soccer Wars in the 60's or was it the 50's...cant remember

Thats not correct my friend. The war between Honduras and El Salvador in 1969 had far more deeper roots than a football match, poverty, bad politics, mutual distrust... Anyone can read this article in english to learn a lot more about Football war. BTW the correct name is 100 hour wars, as it roughly dured 4 days.

http://www.acig.info/CMS/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=47

I stand corrected, however I was using the analogy as a semi humourus comment on an otherwise very nasty incident , however, I shall most certainly look at the article in question, as a little knowledge is as they say, a dangerous thing !! :airplane:

stuff like this may make soccer bearable for me to watch.

Matt you sadist, you would have loved 2010s world cup final

• Like 1

I read about it.. I thought it was a bad joke, but guess I was wrong.. damn!

gotta say 79-0 is some achievement - even if the other team had about 4 players sent off and put no one in goal it wouldn't be that easy

gotta say 79-0 is some achievement - even if the other team had about 4 players sent off and put no one in goal it wouldn't be that easy

Do you remember this sketch from the Monty Python: The Bournemouth Gynecologists vs the Watford Long John Silver Impersonators? Quite an uneven match, indeed...

• Like 1

Way before my time - but suspect that wasnt far over 79 - 0

This is also a classic piss take......fix bayonets!

Edited by MigBuster

stuff like this may make soccer bearable for me to watch.

Damn lol.

Football ... lots of bitching a few fights

Nascar ... ...

Basketball ... lots of bitching some good fights

Hokey .... boxing ring on ice with  breif periods of a sport that is played meerly as a filler.

Soccer ... people get killed. Period.

You forgot people get killed in NASCAR, too, and sometimes not even the drivers.

Guess I'll stick to field hockey.... (and Monty Python for that matter...)

Edited by Derk