Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

DLC request list:

I'm compiling the list here, please use this other post http://combatace.com/topic/81236-sf-2-future/page-2 to express your ideas, I will update this one to keep things clear. Maybe we should get the list defnied in a certain amount of time then make a poll in order to select what we will request, and how to get the money.

We have:

- Slewable A-A radar.

- Slewable A-G radar.

- Slewable FLIR/EO display with manual lock

- Laser designator/range for A-10 (and other planes as well too, Gr.3 for example, no?)

- "Arm all" button at the loadout screen so that we can avoid painstakingly changeing the armament for every single ac in our flight

- smarter wingmen that actually listen to orders and can use smart bombs

- more gameplay features like:

- you don't have to be a flight leader all the time

- saving tracks for later replay

- taking actual photos during recon missions and using such photos for target ID during strike missions

- working blue side SAMs that show on RWR and have more deployment arrangement types than standard SA-2 one

- working GCI with EW Barlock radars actually doing something and directing interceptors at you instead of being ARM fodder..

- tweaked radar ranges and radar strengths to realistic levels so for example F-4 doesn't detect a fighter sized target from a 100NM out

- event logging to an external file so that better 3rd party campaign generators can be created ( vide OFF or RoF)

- proper (i.e. not stand-in) speech packs for RAF, Luftwaffe, AdA etc.

- awacs not only on naval maps and for the red side in a campaign too...

- Defense suppression against on-map sam sites

- Laser designation of all possible target in the target zone

- Weapon availability by nation / date (ie : no more AIM-9N for French Mirage IIIC ....)

- Correct the bug preventing AI to use external flares / chaffs pods

- Hability to set the kind and skin of the parked aircraft in the airfields INI.

- Hability to have a third side in campaigns, maybe fighting both red and blue.

- ASW code. Sonar (like) detection support.

- Negative "altitude". Submarines and ships set to run "at depth".

- Torpedo weapon type (set to run in "negative altitude" - under water)

- Draught. Ship object type attribute. Eg. Draught=-10.0 (in meters) default depth for ship object in "negative alt". It could be decreased for damage effect, or in case its a submarine it set minimum depth.

- Extra mission types - OR edittable ones. (FAC, ASW, Naval_search, Interdiction, whatever else)

- Rescue mission type (this one includes pick-up target at waypoint, and must return base for success)

- Fixed ballistics for artillery and naval guns.

- Improved ground combat features and AI

- New object type to separate naval and land vehicles (that would fix multi weapon platforms)

- Ground object lights. (such as carrier landing lights...)

- Directional (spot) type light source support (searchlights, headlights, landing lights)

- Ground object animation support (gear shock, rotating radar, moving legs or stances for inf)

- Floatplane support. Landing gear, IsFloat=TRUE

- New Formation types - OR editable ones.

- Mixed Formation types - (eg Tank company and attacked SPAA)

- Helicopter Flight Model with AI support

- VTOL AI support (may be as part of the Heli FM)

- Target linking via usable network (radar sonar radio) - built in or external pod. Eg, fire control helicopter can fire ASM from ship or observation plane can fire artillery, infantry can mark target for CAS.

- Player usable turret gun. Not too difficult, i mean selectability like other weapons. Like I select a turret gun from weapon list and fire it (if within arc) on the locked target.

- Switchable turret gunner (auxiliary function to turn AI gunner on/off when player wants to handle. Heli chin guns etc)

- Red side avionics support.

- Re introduce multiplayer

- Improved AI behavior and controls over team mates. Includes non leader positions.

- Carrier parking space parameters (Plane type, skin, probability) for each separate places

- Ground units placement on carrier deck (on surface of deck area deck.lod) similar fashion to planes

- Weapon type CGR rack

- MER up to 12 weapon places,

- Passive radar guidance type

- Weapon attribute: Terrain following (like sea skimming, but radar altitude, not barometric... lol) for cruise missiles)

- Gun pods supporting multiple guns (multiple muzzle flash effect etc)

- Guided missile pods. (AA, AT) Supporting discarding tube covers (like rocket pods)

- Secondary control surface attribute to engines (vectored thrust)

- Parachuting pilot (+seat) - view stays with ejected pilot, not with empty plane

- Neutral side (purple or light blue) for civilian activity. Passenger planes, ships, etc.

- Interactive radio - new menu item - Target. Radio message/order to the selected target (friendly-neutral-enemy alike). Request ID, Force land, Cease fire etc. It can be used together with target link feature (see above)

New planes:

-AI MiG-25s, or Su-17/20/22. Also, since we have Su-9. getting a Su-11 would be nice. Not that they do much, but hey, if Su-9 is worth making, other interceptors could perform better. Lim Frescos, just like we have the chinese versions of the Farmer. Would add a lot of variety for Red Air, sometimes engaging the same aircraft again and again spoils the fun a bit.

-NATO F-16s. Not too much to comment on that.

-AV-8 for USMC and Spanish Navy

-French Mirage IIIE and Mirage5F

-Some skinpacks for already existing European aircraft, such as an all green RDAF Hun, French Camo for F-100Ds or a Camo Belgian F-104.

-Ported F-5s. Maybe AI only. If we can do with AI only Starfighters, F-5s could be good too. Great for Europe and also good for Vietnam as Skoshis.

-It could be great to have a lot of AI only Mirages flyable. I got good stand-ins using other Mirage cockpits. That would apply to the French Mirage5F but also for the Arab Mirages

• Like 1

I'm going to post my list again in the other topic.

Ummm maybe the topic name does not really fit... Not  DLC but new game features instead, we are more like asking for a new game version than plug in content. It seems to me :biggrin:

DLC wise, i would love to see some stuff i would have expected to come along Expasion3, such as:

-AI MiG-25s, or Su-17/20/22. Also, since we have Su-9. getting a Su-11 would be nice. Not that they do much, but hey, if Su-9 is worth making, other interceptors could perform better. Lim Frescos, just like we have the chinese versions of the Farmer. Would add a lot of variety for Red Air, sometimes engaging the same aircraft again and again spoils the fun a bit.

-NATO F-16s. Not too much to comment on that.

-AV-8 for USMC and Spanish Navy

-French Mirage IIIE and Mirage5F

-Some skinpacks for already existing European aircraft, such as an all green RDAF Hun, French Camo for F-100Ds or a Camo Belgian F-104. 

-Ported F-5s. Maybe AI only. If we can do with AI only Starfighters, F-5s could be good too. Great for Europe and also good for Vietnam as Skoshis. 

-It could be great to have a lot of AI only Mirages flyable. I got good stand-ins using other Mirage cockpits. That would apply to the French Mirage5F but also for the Arab Mirages

-Also, there are some ships wich would be great. Forrestal or Midway carriers, French, British or Australian carrier to have a home for their DLC shipborne aircraft...it could be solved by using the current ones as stand-ins or with mods, but it would be a class move by TW to provide the carriers for the carrier aircraft you released. Also, some surface ships, like Farraguts or CF Adams would make a nice role both in SEA and NA. Not both necessarily, but either of them. And since we are asking, Newport class LSTs. After all, all the ground forces in Stock are tanks, aren´t they? 

Edited by macelena

Please guys erase this two posts, keep the list clean.

I would change the laser designation to simply "point at any object/ ground/ target"

Waypoints for Airfield layouts, like beginning from a parked position, those waypoint should be editable, with coordinates or an editor to rework them for any airfield layout. We would need only one Airfield done that way to see how it works and than adapt it to the others

I forgot to mention, a late mark F-4J, with DECM. And both this and the F-4N should get some AIM-7E4 capability.

BTW guys, some of the stuff you posted is way too much for them to be considered DLC stuff. If we don´t keep it reasonably achievable, this doesn´t have a chance to be taken seriously. Please try to keep it simple.

EDIT: Sharkmouth skin for F-4N!!!!!! Almost forgot

Edited by macelena

How long should we keep the "list" open? once is closed we should organize and start the poll.

No one is talking about how to get the money...

classical crowdfounding, it could work and we need someone who speaks nativ english and can contact TK for a business meeting with a realistic and attractive offer for him.

Maybe a DLC or the code will be the result

simple? ok

planes:

F-5

MiG-25

Mig-31

flyable Zippers

Lims :hi:

Su-17/20/22

all as far as I know already exist in mobile version or can be made from existing models (Lims, Sukhois)

F-105B for Europe

Edited by Stary
  • Like 2

Ok, when we close the list and start the votes? Native English speaker volunteers please? Will be great If is a name respected in the community.

Better propeller aircraft support, specialy for taildraggers like WW2 warbirds.

- Re introduce multiplayer

I would be happy with this, really. It would add a lot more re-playability and add to the variation.

Tankers:

KB-50 1950 - 1960 era

KC-97 1950 - 1970 era

KC-135 1960 - present, KC-10, V-Bomber force for WOE, All USN types etc.

The acft are present except the (KB-50 & KC-97) - Just need to get the code/access to make it happen like in the earlier SF1 tweak, or more realistic in SF2 series.

NIELS

Edited by NIELS

EDIT: Sharkmouth skin for F-4N!!!!!! Almost forgot

bah! i have a sharkmouth tga  for the N.  don't make me send the bearded men after you.....

Bring it!!! This ain´t no common smurf!! Semper Smurf!! Smurfy Puller!!!

I just happened to post this one instead by mistake. However, as it would be a shame not to, i´ll leave it anyways

l-4861.jpg

Edited by macelena

F-4S.

Snoopy and the O-1. I miss the Bird Dog.

The fact that TK hasn't picked up on the demand for the F-4S and USAF F-16's shows he's 'appy' to ignore SF2...

The fact that TK hasn't picked up on the demand for the F-4S and USAF F-16's shows he's 'appy' to ignore SF2...

or really doesn't listen to his customers......

at macelena, seriously tho bout the sharkmouth N  i see what your talkin bout. there is such a skin in there but without a sharks mouth!  in the pic, the one with is my decal and the one without is USN Sharksmouth!

EDIT: i'm an idiot. had STORMs N, with DECM added and likely pulled from the NA expansion pack from CA.  but first N on the list is listed as "F-4N"  just like the DLC!

should have looked at the tail not just the nose,  but USN Sharksmouth seemed like a TWish name.

post-43212-0-23281800-1389364067_thumb.jpg

Edited by daddyairplanes