Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

YO!

Hey guys,

The operation was successful. I wasn't knocked out completely. The procedure was simple and somewhat painless. They did put some relaxation drugs and numb drugs. They put a needle in my neck, I only felt a pinch and that was the only pain I felt. I remembered everything and when I was in my transporting bed to post op, I saw a X-RAY of my port in my main vein (connected to my heart.). VERY COOL.

I made a nurse laugh during the operation though :). It was when she asked the operating doctor if i needed more of a relaxation drug and I nodded yes LOL. They put a tent like cover over my head with a opening so the nurses can check me and ask me if I'm ok. The OP room was pretty slick. It had a huge screen for the ultra sound (to see which side of my neck is best; They decided on my right side) and for the X-RAY.

The operating doctor & the nurses in the OP room said I was the best patient they ever had. I will let my mother tell you more on the blog :)

Falcon

• Like 3

Yep, she already mentioned the Op going fine, did you already have that chem class? Did they say anything about when you start chemo?

• Like 1

Yep, she already mentioned the Op going fine, did you already have that chem class? Did they say anything about when you start chemo?

Yea I had the chemo class today & then saw Dr Sabiers about my start of treatment. I will start on February 24th.

Falcon

One step closer to victory. Yet also a calm before the storm. You are going to need a traditional British stiff upper lip. But I know you can get through this.

• Like 1

Glad to hear the operation went well.

that's good news, hope for a speedy recovery!

That is an excellent report. Keep up the positive attitude.

Good! Now, the suck will start soon but the reward will be worth it.

Glad to hear everything has gone well. Now just take it easy and recover quickly. My last operation the Dr. left his watch in the incision. I can still hear it ticking. You should see my reaction when the alarm goes off every morning... hyper.gif.pagespeed.ce.FBmB7Mp3Td.gif

• Like 1

Falcon,

Glad to hear your operation went well!  Keep your spirits high; you got this.

Falcon,

I am glad that everything worked out OK.  Keep the faith good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif

Good news, indeed.  You have the strength to make it through the next part.  Keep cracking up those nurses.

Good. Very good. I'm glad you're fine and I hope things will be better for you. Operations scare the hell out of me... especially when they black you out. I'm glad things are going well for you.

It's not the operations that scare me, it's the recovery afterwards! I always am fine for those, but the discomfort afterwards is what I dread...

ok.gif.pagespeed.ce.qOVQHLmZjN.gif