It is an independent program, so, anything goes, everthing that works is great my brothers :)

There seems to be some LODs not properly read, so far I've found Florian's SH-3D ( http://combatace.com/files/file/12642-sh-3d-seaking-for-sf2/) which loads but is just not displaying at all, and Yakarov's Sea Stallion http://combatace.com/files/file/15829-sikorsky-ch-53a-ch-53d/ ) which doesn't load and has the LOD Viewer freezing or crashing after a few minutes.

Any chance of a fix ?

Edited by Gunrunner

There seems to be some LODs not properly read, so far I've found Florian's SH-3D ( http://combatace.com/files/file/12642-sh-3d-seaking-for-sf2/) which loads but is just not displaying at all, and Yakarov's Sea Stallion http://combatace.com/files/file/15829-sikorsky-ch-53a-ch-53d/ ) which doesn't load and has the LOD Viewer freezing or crashing after a few minutes.

Any chance of a fix ?

Second that please!!

I have the same problem with Florian's SH-3D and Bongodriver's Eurofighter, but the program can load the Sea Stallion in my computer, although take a lot of time.

how big is the lod in the Typhoon files?  i get the same problem with yakarovs H-53,  but think its due to lots of polys. it is a 13mb lod while most seem to be under 1mb,  and the H-3 is 4 mb. 

The Typhoon is 1254Kb and trying to load, the LOD Viewer will freeze and crash after a while.

The SH-3D is a different problem, the program loads the LOD but is not showing at all, as Gunrunner says.

And finally the Sea Stallion loads taking long time, at least in my computer.

Thanks for the bug report. I investigated the issues and that are my findings:

SH-3D issue:
The lodviewer scales and positions the 3D view depending on the bounding box of the lod object so that the entire area of the bounding box (and therefore the entire lod object) is displayed. In the SH-3D lod there are two nodes whose z coordinates are "out-of-the-way": RescuedGuy with z coordinates around -44000 and FoldingRotor with -100000 (maybe a fault in the lod model?). Thus the resulting bounding box has an extent of over 100000 meters and the resulting view is extremely scaled down (zoomed out).
A possible solution could be to add a view option that excludes hidden nodes from the (view scaling) bounding box calculation and let the user select and hide the problematic nodes. What do you think?

Sea Stallion issue:
These lods contain an animation type I haven't seen before. I will try to reverse engineer that animation type format too. I can not promise to understand and display that animation correctly but at least it should be possible to prevent the lodviewer from crashing.

• Like 2

Talk to Yakarov79, he created the Sea Stallion and i'm sure he would be happy to assist

Edited by daddyairplanes

@ mue

We have a small problem, the LOD, viewer doesnt load my Su-17M.lod, it simply closes itself and thats it. Could you help us out?! Does it has a poly limit?

@ mue

We have a small problem, the LOD, viewer doesnt load my Su-17M.lod, it simply closes itself and thats it. Could you help us out?! Does it has a poly limit?

I opened it yesterday. It was the 1st lod you sended in our PM.

mue contacted me, lets see if he can debug it, I suspect also a new animation, we have changed from the double brakechutes to a single one. Thats the only new animation. I iwll send him the plane  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Minor update: Version 0.5.2
-bugfix: some animation types crashed the program
-view can be toggled between perspective and orthographic projection
-adjustable zoom and rotation rate
-using Qt 5.5.1

I bundled my programs (lod viewer, target area editor, cat extractor (NEW!)) into one package. You can download it here

• Like 4

Mue I was not able to launch LodViewer and TargetAreaEditor in their new versions still capable to do it with the previous ones.   

My Panda antivirus complains that the LodViewer is a virus or infected and does the same with the TargetAreaEditor. After reclassification runs OK, but just to make sure they have nothing in them right?

I've got no warning message from my AVAST 2015 Premium anti-Virus, I got it working when I deactivate it, I add the Mue's program path as an exception and now all is running fine, Ty for the head up.

Edited by Eole

Thanks for the support Mue - it's such a great tool.

Is there a way to see exact coordinates of a part on the model?! I dont mean the mouse cursor numbers, but the real coordinates of an antena or other part, like in max?!

Have I overseen something?

Do you mean the minimum and maximum extents of a selected node? That can be found in the upper left menu under "Bounding Box". If you need to find the exact center of a selected node then you will have to get out a calculator and do some addition and subtraction using the min/max X,Y,Z coordinates of the node you want as a starting point to find it.        

post-56847-0-54030900-1451330884_thumb.jpg

One thing you can do is create a Component in the object's data file and give it a "MinExtentPosition=" and "MaxExtentPosition=" so that it will generate a hit box and then keep adjusting the numbers until the size and position of the hit box match the coordinates you need. I sometimes wish the LOD Viewer had the ability to create a highlighted box of any given size you entered that could be scrolled around the X,Y,Z coordinates of the model at will so and an user could mark exact coordinates independent of any selected node. 

while goofing around, just experimenting with correcting hit boxes, I noticed something quite interesting the lod viewer is showing..

knowing the aircraft as well as I do, having helped build it, I knew there was a small shadow rope from somewhere in the nose region.

The lod viewer shows where (more or less) it comes from! (indicated by the red arrow) This could be quite helpful to 3d modelers!

By hiding and unhiding nodes, the offending mesh may be able to be run down, and repaired.

• Like 3

Stray green lines mean theres an error in some hitbox min max data, usually a , instead of a .  or other typo

For example check the stock B-52D and you'll see.. also where the tailgunner box is located... lol.

really??

shoot, and here I thought I'd found something important!!!   :lol:

• Like 1