Is there someway to show the pivot point?

Is there someway to show the pivot point?

What is the pivot point? The local coordinate system (and origin) of the node?

What is the pivot point? The local coordinate system (and origin) of the node?

Yes, correct. Normally you would find 2 arrangement type, one that is centered in the mesh (mostly matches world axis orientation), the other is off-setted from center position (mostly used by moving surfaces) this later can be in any angle/direction compared the aircraft/world basic axis alignment.

Something like this, what you can see in 3dsmax. 

post-30564-0-76538100-1456445022_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hey mue,

first of all, let me thank you for a priceless and well-thought tool, that saved a lot of time for me and others!

While working with it, 4 small things came to mind, which may be useful additions.

- background color of the mainwindow changeable. If the loaded model's skin is of bright or white-color it is sometimes difficult to see things on the white background.

- rotation by 180deg for the 3 "View .. Plane"-buttons, maybe by holding a key while clicking on it. ATM there is top-, back and right side-view, So bottom-, frontal- and left-side view would be added by that.

- sortable MaterialID-table (left side, middle) by clicking on the columnheader, either sorted by MaterialID or by Filename. This would make it easier to find the files a model uses if 2 or more MaterialIDs use the same file.

- a 2nd Reload-button on the toolbar. I often use a higher zoomvalue to paint details and in that case I hide the 3 left side windows (Nodes, Materials, Animations), to get a bigger mainwindow. But for reloading, to see the changes, I have to unhide the left side, to reach the reload-button.

None of these ideas are essential, but more of a nice to have. So if considered not useful or to difficult to implement....no problem at all! You're still a hero for many people, including myself! :)

Edited by Nyghtfall
  • Like 2

@ Mue, is it possible for you to create a max exporter tool? 

Why i am asking, we run into a strange problem, the older exporter creates no shadow problems, all parts render a correct shadow, but no Specular Maps, but Bumpmapping... than the new exporter works great on the maps, SM and BM is exported, but some parts does not cast shadows...

What a TK mess...

Is it to much to ask for? 

• Like 1

@ Mue, is it possible for you to create a max exporter tool? 

Unfortunately, no. I learned only enough about the lod format to write a viewer. But to write (export) lod files I have to know the complete format.

Hi mue, i was wondering if it would it be possible to show the Bump and Specular maps to it?

Hi Mue,

Could you add a short cut to the viewer.  Maybe "R" for Reload.  I like to have the side panel collapsed and if I could just click R or some other key to reload the skin after changes would be appreciated.

Love the toolsets, wayyyy overdue.  :)

• Like 1

Ok ...i would like to say that if someone Use Win 7......and the Lod program....doe's not work ..they don't have a SP1.....!!!!!!

Need's to upgrade to SP1.....!!!!

I've just upgraded my Windows 10 to the Creator's Update, Version 1703 and the Lod Viewer quit working.

Anyone else have this problem and or found a fix for it?

Have you check if you have the latest version? mine works just fine

I thought I had the latest version, but now I'm not sure.

What is the latest version and where can I find it?

Thanks, Flogger23,

But that didn't work.

I suspect something in my Windows 10 setup coupled with the Creator's Update.

It worked fine until yesterday.

I hope to fix it soon.  I rely heavily on it for skinning.

Working fine for me too.......very strange m8.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I fear It may be time for a complete system reload.

You can try this : cancel only your last system update

You can try this : cancel only your last system update

I considered that, but there are parts of the latest update I'd like to keep.

Along with the system reload I might try moving my skinning operations to my Windows 7 computer.  But I prefer using my SF2 Windows 10 computer; much easier and simpler.

Hi Geary, man I remember running into tons of issues just like that on a Windows 7 build...even emailed Mue and no luck, etc.  I finally figured out the fix, but honestly don't recall all the steps. Anyway, it was something to the effect of UAC blocking permissions.  So I thought I did something like created a shortcut on the desktop, go to compatibility mode and check "Run this program as an administrator" AND check "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3".  You'll have to play around with some of those settings as well perhaps, maybe try disabling visual themes, etc.  Anyway, I am absolutely POSITIVE some variation of that the solution worked for me...!

swambast,

Thanks, but my UAC is turned off.  I've tried every compatibility mode available although Windows 10 troubleshooter selects Windows 8 compatibility mode.

Any other mode says the *.dll's aren't found although they are in Mue's Toolbox folder and available.

Mue's Cat extractor works but the Lod Viewer and the Target Area Editor don't.

The Lod Viewer worked until the new Windows 10 Creator's Update but there have also been a couple of recent Nvidia graphics driver updates.  So at this point I'm not sure why the Lod Viewer won't start.