Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Who can do a helo FM?

while working in the "Civil Mod", and searching for aircraft to fit the bill, I found this little bird:

Alouette III

http://combatace.com/files/file/11819-alouette-iii-armada-argentina/

it's in the 1stGen d/ls. Unfortunately, the FM is completely hosed. Not only can't the AI control it, but neither can The Player.

So, I'm asking if there's anyone capable enough to take a look at it, and see what can be done

TIA!!

• Like 1

All that one really needs to do is to pen up a tailored version of Kreelin's Mi-8 FM.

I'm in, if it's about a joint helo FM project. I'm in need one, as well.  I can help with basics but I also have problems.

My problem with them is that the AI cannot handle landings. I tried the UH-1 from the Falklands mod, that can land but too nimble for a heavy helo. Copy pasting also no go, the new heli has different parts ((

What my own idea was to borrow a biplane FM from FE2, that is slow enough and still the AI can handle...

I'd go look at the Mi-35 that's here in downloads it flies like a dream ,,you have to go into data ini. and cut down the radius on main rotor to make it spin to 0.0 from 17.???????,,, the apache fm is buttbackwards trust vector is tied into trottle you power up it cuts the pitch on props

Do we have any tutorials on the topic? I can ini edit the things i understand quite well. FMs i dont understand and therefore havent touched.

Also a three tier (light, med, heavy) universal system wouldbe great if able to be done. There was a Puma that i still think should be brought here after fixing and FM was one of its biggest problems. angelp also had a Twin Huey wip, again FM being an listed obstacle.

Alouette was/is on my "to fix" list.

So far, try this

Needs still work.  

But can hoover.

Take off- 88-90 degree  Vector Thrust Controll, 100% power and wait  a while. It will take off. Not much power in engine. With load probably lessen  VTC by few degrees.

For hoovering wingleveler / 88-89-90 degree VTC / 89-91% power. VTC and power just need to be under controll.

Its not perfect.

SA316B_Alouette-III_wip.rar

Im in into joint helo FM project.

FM from biplanes? Don't have chance to test it. But maybe it's worth of trying.

• Like 1

this is what I got on the Mi-35,,installed a earlier harrier pit so you got a trust vector gauge that helps you know what prop pitch you got every thing worked on it straight out of the box except the main rotor but that was a easy fix,, guns and weapons all worked

img00003

aaaaaaaawwwwww somethin chasin me
Edited by yubba

Im in into joint helo FM project.

FM from biplanes? Don't have chance to test it. But maybe it's worth of trying.

The AI fails at the final landing phase, approach or touchdown?  pulls up wildly, then stalls (?) and starts a wild spiral into the ground. I tried many combinations of speed settings, no luck. Some combination of stall and speed causes that, but I could not find out( 

That's why I thought about biplane FM. Although it needs to add another pair of ailerons, or bigger ones, otherwise roll rate would be awful.

. . . . I tried many combinations of speed settings, no luck. Some combination of stall and speed causes that, but I could not find out( 

That's why I thought about biplane FM. Although it needs to add another pair of ailerons, or bigger ones, otherwise roll rate would be awful.

Same here. Even if its fine for player AI is suffering.

My wingman in my stalion needs to be under controll all the time, otherwise he will crash - in situations "just above ground"  like unloading, touchdown etc.

During flight he is ok. Until Landing...- here I changed eveyrthing severl times. - bad again or totaly bad.

But still experimentin.

FE2 ? somewhere on sale ?

I found these FMs in a thread a while back. I can't remember who made them and there is no readme.

edit I found the FM author it was strahi and it came from this post http://combatace.com/topic/86602-strike-fighters-2-indian-ocean/I hope this helps.

Chetak FM.7z

Edited by whiteknight06604

Same here. Even if its fine for player AI is suffering.

My wingman in my stalion needs to be under controll all the time, otherwise he will crash - in situations "just above ground"  like unloading, touchdown etc.

During flight he is ok. Until Landing...- here I changed eveyrthing severl times. - bad again or totaly bad.

But still experimentin.

FE2 ? somewhere on sale ?

It is essential for me to allow the AI to land, since my helo is soviet naval, most of the time it would appear as enemy, or just scenery. Take off is OK, as I modified the Kiev for STOL operation back when I did the Vertical pack...

FE2... I don't know. Would be good...

While you are on the subject of helicopters, have you considered trying the AircraftRole=HELO? That does exist in the AircraftObjects.DLL file.

• Like 2

interestering stuff, gents!

Has anyone tried that aircraft role as KJakker mentioned?

I'm still recovering, and can only spend a few hours a day working on things, but every day is a bit better!

I'll test that Allouette data today.

thanks all, keep it going! That bird deserves to be SF2ed!!

While you are on the subject of helicopters, have you considered trying the AircraftRole=HELO? That does exist in the AircraftObjects.DLL file.

I guess TK reserved this to a special mission type (AI)  such as ANTI_SUB  similarly to TRANSPORT to EARLY_WARNING.  (That's why if you have An-2 addon, it will fly as AEW in Vietnam)

Have to try out, for sure)

Edited by Snailman

hmm interesting that AircraftRole=HELO

will test it.

hack job warning!!  :biggrin:

got it to take off, and fly and stuff. Did the patented copy/paste of the FM statements (with the addition of some "fake" components" from the working UH-1B.

Have to test landings still, but now it WILL take off, and fly -- both under player and AI control.  I'm not converting the weapons back to FRANCE, as I'm mostly concerned with civilian models at the point, but still may do them

there's a screenie of the new Securite Civile skin in the regular screenshots forum.

If anyone wants the data ini, I'll post it

• Like 3

this is what I got on the Mi-35,,installed a earlier harrier pit so you got a trust vector gauge that helps you know what prop pitch you got every thing worked on it straight out of the box except the main rotor but that was a easy fix,, guns and weapons all worked

aaaaaaaawwwwww somethin chasin me

Is not possible to have the thrust vector % displayed on the left corner as the speed and altitude?

IIRC there are many other things in the .DLL files that may be tested, we should make a separate thread about all the additional strings in the DLLs which are not used by default in the game.

ok, tested it yesterday -- in fact, tested ALL the 3 helos in the Civil Mod right now (UH-1B, Alouette, OH-6a) and NONE of them will land under AI or autopilot control (sorry yarkov!!).  They reach the 2nd to last waypoint and to into a little dance.

So, anyway, here's the Alouette's data ini. just ignore some of the loadout changes. Country of origin and years corrected. Hoepfully, someone can do something with this. But at least, it takes off and flys much better!

I know it wil not land by AI. or autopilot.

Just ok for player.

As for AI - one day it will land.

:biggrin:

well, one can always land one self, and then end the mission before the wingmate spins in and crashes!

• Like 1