Photo Real UK Terrain V2.

This terrain now uses the 250 meter resolution as described here....

http://combatace.com/topic/89389-kamchatka-250m-version-with-adjusted-tileset-etc/

Thanks Stary.

Please be aware that due to the terrain resolution, number of objects etc this terrain may take a while to load or not even run at all...Reading the README's is vitally important..!!

What's new ?

We now have seasons but the winter version dose'nt have snow as I cant seem to get it right.

Quite a few new tiles and tod's for the new airfield layouts by myself.

Lots of new objects including several complete RAF style airbase layouts made by myself.

I have included a few ground object files, some downloaded from here [ships] and some made by myself [RAF trucks and radar etc] but to make sure everything shows I would get just about every UK ground object you can from the CA downloads section.....there are just too many for me to add to the file and keep its size fairly small.

FINALLY a big "THANK YOU" to EVERY body that has made any mods for the SF2 series..........there's a good chance some of you work is used here ....Thanks again.

• Like 7

After several missions...

Low altitude flight over Scotland (around Kinloss) is a great pleasure! :drinks:

Edited by Coupi

I just updated the 7zip and this still doesn't unpack.  Is there another program to use?

I just updated the 7zip and this still doesn't unpack.  Is there another program to use?

Hmmm, very strange, any body else having issues ? What version of windows are you using m8?

Hmmm, very strange, any body else having issues ? What version of windows are you using m8?

Windows 10

Very strange, I've just downloaded the file & it extracts just fine using 7zip , I'm also using Win10.

Can you get a screenie of what's happening m8 ?

Try using Winrar instead of 7zip.

That worked!

Very nice terrain. Great job!

That worked!

Very nice terrain. Great job!

Thanks I'm happy you got it working.

I found I had a rogue tree showing on some runways so I've uploaded an updated TOD to the main file download page, no need to download the whole terrain again, just the update.

Any more issues just let me know.

• Like 1

Great work Ant! :good:

Tested it yesterday and what should I say, it is wonderful.... :biggrin:

Excellent map!!! Thanks!!

For a future update, maybe you want to fix this:

img00420.JPG

img00421.JPG

On 01/09/2020 at 4:37 PM, madvad said:

Excellent map!!! Thanks!!

For a future update, maybe you want to fix this:

img00647.JPG

img00649.JPG

Which bases are they?? I might of already fixed them & never uploaded it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sundowner said:

Which bases are they?? I might of already fixed them & never uploaded it.

Actually I didn´t look the names, I take the screenshots from the map.

Maybe you can figure out looking into it the terrain map and compare with the screenshots?

(puts on retired NCO cap)

really? how can he unfuck the problem if you cant even give him directions to the problem?!?!?!? theres multiple airbases in the terrain, and its not like he's being paid for tech support on it.

only slight defense is that it did take him almost 3 years to reply to the original problem....

(NCO cap back off,  walk into the kitchen for more coffee)

Just a note from one NCO to another it's generally not good to snap on civilians like they're you're Soldiers (believe me I don't blame you though, as I've had a few times where I wanted to snap  and such). It doesn't work well but it did give me a chuckle though, a nice one.

madvad it may help to provide the base names so he can fix it sometime.

Edited by EricJ

3 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

(puts on retired NCO cap)

really? how can he unfuck the problem if you cant even give him directions to the problem?!?!?!? theres multiple airbases in the terrain, and its not like he's being paid for tech support on it.

only slight defense is that it did take him almost 3 years to reply to the original problem....

(NCO cap back off,  walk into the kitchen for more coffee)

Dude, I came across the problem and took screenshots.
The mission ended after almost 40 minutes and I forgot to click refly to get the base name.
I wanted to help him in the sense of maybe shedding light on him, so he can fix and improve even more on the fantastic job he did creating this map.
Perhaps seeing the image of the map, and being the creator of it, he can get an idea of where the problem occurs and solve it.

Instead of criticizing me, why don't you take it and help too? It's easier to act like an asshole and say something that adds nothing, isn't it? I understand...

You can take your cap and stick it wherever you like.

PS: It's not the first time I see something and suggest or help and someone who isn't even the mod's author comes to criticize, apparently there are a lot of primadonnas...

By the way Sundowner I don't think my machine  can run it. I gave it a whirl and about the third or fourth time trying to make a free flight  mission none of the textures would load for my jet. Tried other maps and it works fine, but this one is veeery demanding on the computer.

well it was meant to be humorous, obviously you didnt take as such

but it does stand that there are several airfields. if its a noticable enough to take a screenie and post, then go back and see where you were.

when i have an issue, i do try to help and mention where i was flying out of.  since i havent flown in the UK terrain in years, i have obviously have no interest in seeing which of dozens it is. Sundowner worked this years ago; despite it being his terrain he most likely doesnt remember every airfield by sight.

so to recap, if something bothers you enough to mention publicly, then at least give more details as well as the screenshot. terrains have alot more parts than aircraft or ground objects and giving both will help the modder to fix the issue.

16 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

well it was meant to be humorous, obviously you didnt take as such

but it does stand that there are several airfields. if its a noticable enough to take a screenie and post, then go back and see where you were.

when i have an issue, i do try to help and mention where i was flying out of.  since i havent flown in the UK terrain in years, i have obviously have no interest in seeing which of dozens it is. Sundowner worked this years ago; despite it being his terrain he most likely doesnt remember every airfield by sight.

so to recap, if something bothers you enough to mention publicly, then at least give more details as well as the screenshot. terrains have alot more parts than aircraft or ground objects and giving both will help the modder to fix the issue.

Oh, was that supposed to be funny?
So you're the funny one... got it.
Don't worry, I'll provide more details once I come across the bug again.

Just remembering that he is not obliged to update the map he made.
I didn't demand anything, I didn't pay for anything, I gave my feedback with the best of intentions.
If one day he thinks about updating, ok, if not, ok too, I won't stop flying on the map and appreciate him for that.

most of us are reasonable. show us a problem, give details to get our eyes directly to the issue and we will fix it even if its a mod we wrapped along time ago. many dont have folks look at their work before release, and even those that do, stuff gets missed.

i did redownload and take a peek due to this arguement though. plus Alconbury seemed a better place to set up a loading screen than Aviano.

@Sundowner, got another airfield issue for you. I know its in Scotland and all, but pretty sure the hills shouldnt be overrunning the pavement

img00018.thumb.JPG.ba73555a967bb9141054ab85b621f5e7.JPGimg00019.thumb.JPG.78ac29195295ecad88d335f1a26995b4.JPGimg00020.thumb.JPG.59021a00604b47e7196fe4543fb4b917.JPG

did have an amusing hop from the grassy EOR onto the proper runway tho

don't forget people, you can always find the location by turning debug ON in the HUDData ini. Extract it from the FlightDataCat (iirc), drop it into the /Flight folder, and do this to the first section:

[Debug]
//DisplayDebug=FALSE
DisplayDebug=TRUE

you can easily turn it off in-game, by hitting alt-d twice (or is it 3 time???:dntknw:)

you can also remove the annyoing background "box" round all text by scrolling down further and doing this:

[InfoDisplay]
//BackgroundImage=TextBackground.tga
BottomLeftPosition=0.01,0.985
BottomRightPosition=0.99,0.985
DisplayWidth=0.20
VerticalBorder=0.0015
HorizontalBorder=0.008
EnemyTargetColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0
FriendlyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0
UnknownTargetColor=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0
WaypointColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
TextFile=HUDText.str
NormalColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
WarningColor1=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0
WarningColor2=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0
AGLAltStart=609.6
AGLAltWarning=152.4

then, it's a simple matter to note down the area of interest. See the screenshot below for an example

debug mode.JPG

• Like 4