On ‎17‎.‎06‎.‎2019 at 12:52 PM, KJakker said:

The "T" tab in the upper left corner or using the R key on the keyboard does it now.

Thank you! :good:

Version 0.6.2 was uploaded.

Changelog:

Version 0.6.2
-corrected reading of ANSI files with non-ASCII characters
-caseinsensitive handling of node names (e.g. for showing collision, pivot points or bounding boxes of selected nodes)
-disabled mip maps. I hope this resolves the performance issues with hires (4K and above) textures. If not you can use the new option Settings->Display->"Limit Texture Resolution" to limit the (internal) texture resolution.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Awesome Mue, really appreciate your continuing support on this.  How hard would it be to make a 32-bit compatible version though - just want to understand if that's a possibility or not?  I might be in the minority on this, but if not think it's a fair question (I use 32-bit for older support programs including 3DS MAX, PS, and a slew of older games, etc.)

On 17/06/2019 at 7:51 PM, pvince said:

No the option does not help but yes they are 4k, however, in 0.52 the same with 4k textures is not slow (only loading is longer).

Another remark from later use, version 0.6x is case sensitive for node names. If case is not exactly the same in the .LOD and in the data.ini, hitboxes and CollisionPoints will not show up when node is selected.

0.62 fixed both, just checked, and limit texture resolution even not needed. That's great. Thanks.

I really like the "Limit Texture resolution" feature, as a precaution against system difficulties, thanks Mue, and all decal options are now showing perfectly for me.

This is a great utility, made even greater by your attention to detail. I wish some of the commercial software companies I deal with had your attention to feedback and commitment to customer service. :biggrin:

• Like 3

AND..

we do all out stuff for FREE!!!

I'm always proud to see the level of dedication that this community puts into their work, wiether it's a skin/decal set, an add on ship or plane, or a utility like this one, and the others Mue's created for us.

My hat is off! :drinks:

• Like 8

A great asset to the community, Mue!  I haven't had any significant problems with using it over the last couple days, but I've found a model ( https://combatace.com/files/file/12642-sh-3d-seaking-for-sf2/ ) where the data populates but the map doesn't appear (see below) on one of the three LOD's in the package.  The other two LOD's seem to work fine.  It's likely a self-inflicted wound - do I have a setting (or something else) wrong or am I completely missing something?

image.thumb.jpeg.16574e36f5412078740e310669a40ec5.jpeg

3 hours ago, Silberpfeil said:

A great asset to the community, Mue!  I haven't had any significant problems with using it over the last couple days, but I've found a model ( https://combatace.com/files/file/12642-sh-3d-seaking-for-sf2/ ) where the data populates but the map doesn't appear (see below) on one of the three LOD's in the package.  The other two LOD's seem to work fine.  It's likely a self-inflicted wound - do I have a setting (or something else) wrong or am I completely missing something?

Yes, that model is special. It contains nodes (meshes) that are located 44000 and 100000 meters from the main part:

sh-3d_1.jpg.e468feab79f6b7c8b347fd56ce309b36.jpg

The LODViewer tries to show all nodes at once and therefore zooms way out.

If you want to see the helicopter you have to hide those "special" nodes and then click "Fit View":

sh-3d_2.jpg.e89b9019c671e1d44cddb6f453b1514d.jpg

If you want to see the "RescuedGuy" node you have to select that node, hide the unselected nodes and then click "Fit View".

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, swambast said:

Awesome Mue, really appreciate your continuing support on this.  How hard would it be to make a 32-bit compatible version though - just want to understand if that's a possibility or not?  I might be in the minority on this, but if not think it's a fair question (I use 32-bit for older support programs including 3DS MAX, PS, and a slew of older games, etc.)

Of course is a 32-bit version possible. But as I wrote I have to find the prebuilt dependency library package for 32-bit (unless I build those libraries myself). Maybe I can find them somewhere.
BTW. Do you know that you can run most 32-bit programs without problems on 64-bit Windows? Most likely you don't need a 32-bit Windows to run your old 32-bit programs.

Thanks, Mue, for both the explanation and the excellent tutorial - even I could follow it and it works great!  I'm not looking to add to your workload and I don't have much of an idea on how common this situation is with these model remote nodes/meshes installed so far away from the primary's map, but could this be automated in a future version?  

I finally tried out the new LOD viewer this morning (its been a rough time lately) and am very impressed. This was excellent for skins and making adjustments without having to fire the game up every time, now thats extended to tga. Especially useful to me and others that work tga based skins (see my airliners or Gepards MiGs for what i mean).

it is hard for me to get a spot on view on the nose arts i am working on, however i blame this on the size of the aircraft im working on not the viewer itself. also despite my joke to the contrary, i think i will still fire up the game every serials completed for a true in game look (ok including weapons too), but this gives a good view of the placement (even on far out ends!) and saves a good chunk of time.

a huge thank you sir for the work you've done

16 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

it is hard for me to get a spot on view on the nose arts i am working on, however i blame this on the size of the aircraft im working on not the viewer itself.

Maybe it helps to switch to orthographic projection by switching off the perspective projection. Have you tried the side (left/right) views. And then to pan the view either with mouse (shift + left mouse) or keybord (shift + arrow keys)? You can also set the view control "sensitivity" in Extras->Settings->Control.