Still they have abandon the product and they still make alot of money cause of the modders. It's a 6/10 with the help of community it went to 9/10. If there were no modders the game would be long forgotten. But still they could make a modern better game if they add vr support and the sales will be sky high again for an old game. But they refuse to go back to the game. As they say on their fb page they prefer the easy money from mobile games. 

• Like 6

Yea real pity. This small, dirty, but highly moddable game is still one of the best simulators ever.

• Like 4

I have all the SF2 games and DLC's along with First Eagles and one I bought on CD SF2E.  I tried to put my email and codes in to get the free one and got no ware.  

I then emailed Third Wire Tech Support to see what is the issue?  I am keen to try to use the all in one version.

I have all games merged a bunch of mods  and is running fine on Windows 10.

• Like 1

I am still waiting on Third Wire to get back to me on the all in one download:( 

The above link works However I bought the games on two different email accounts and Even bought one I did not even need on my new email account 

To show good faith.  I hope to hear back soon???????

On 11/08/2019 at 2:23 AM, Richo said:

I am still waiting on Third Wire to get back to me on the all in one download:( 

The above link works However I bought the games on two different email accounts and Even bought one I did not even need on my new email account 

To show good faith.  I hope to hear back soon???????

Still waiting, right? Me too, as I mentioned in the other TK Cash-grab crowdfunding thread. 

On 7/3/2019 at 2:14 PM, Wrench said:

Exactly my thoughts ... as I said in the other thread, having only the original exes, and then having to scramble to find the patches to bring it current, I'd decieded to repurchase the ENTIRE series again. Now this comes out; and yes I'm probably even more broke-ass then most. But I will be finding the 100 bucks and investing it in this.

This not only saves time, but overall saves a substantial bit of coin. It's a great bargin, and well worth it. IMHO

I broke down and got it myself, since the tool to redownload bought games wasn't working. Now that its working okay I'm back into SF2 I guess, just have to work off some rust.

• Like 1

Just installed and modding it...I take it we need extract the dlc out  and manually install ?

nvm see its self installed :)

Edited by russouk2004

Same issue here.  Thirdwire hasn't replied to any of my e-mails.  Also disappointed that First Eagles 2 is not included in the package deal. 

I have to agree that all of this seems to be a money grab. Thirdwire made it clear years ago that they were no longer paying any attention to these titles as they were only going to focus on mobile gaming from now on. Up until that point, I was hoping that Thirdwire would come out with a multiplayer patch or maybe upgrade for the SF2 series. Many people have discarded this title because it is not multiplayer, but the modders have made enough eye candy to keep it around for those who really enjoy it. It is good to see that it might be getting a facelift out of the DirectPlay realm and into a more multiplayer friendly api. However, I am not so certain that Thirdwire is going to put the extra effort in on getting the newer version multiplayer capable.

I am also still kind of confused as to why only Wings Over Europe made it to Steam and not Wings of Israel or Wings Over Vietnam. 

• Like 2

This is a bargain for people who never had all these, not for me. For me means to pay extra 1/4 for something I already paid and that, long ago and  no Win 10 (officially) support. I don't think so.

I'm trying to find First Eagles 2, and don't know where to buy it. Do you know any sit? Thirdwire doesn't offer it.

1 hour ago, Ace2012 said:

I'm trying to find First Eagles 2, and don't know where to buy it. Do you know any sit? Thirdwire doesn't offer it.

It's still available at the Third Wire Store. Look under Windows 7 then more games for Windows 7.

Hello!

Anybody knows if the Campaign Customizer DLC is included in this package?

It should be, as it says all 29 DLCs are in it.

2 hours ago, mono27 said:

Hello!

Anybody knows if the Campaign Customizer DLC is included in this package?

Yes,it contains all the content of SF2

• Like 1

I doubt it, never heard about a sale since it's been up.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:07 PM, MigBuster said:

You can get this Complete Edition for free if you've already purchased all the products listed above! Request Strike Fighters 2 Complete Edition for FREE!

I missed out on that,  but thinking ANYONE already having paid and waiting for the Win10 edition should get Complete Edition for free?

:) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I was wondering how to customize the numbers after your callsigns, since it always gives me the same ones.
      I think i managed somehow once, a bit of time ago, but now i forgot and have no idea how to.
      I'm not talking about how to customize the callsign name, but the unit number after it.
      As you can see in the Roster and in the picture under, i get "Fast Eagle 1-1" and "Fast Eagle 1-2"
      Here are some examples:

The numbers on the tail, wing and nose numbers are customized, cause i managed how to change them, choosing them individually for each unit in the mission file by changing "AircraftNumber=" and typing the number, like "2" (as for 202). It doesn't change by typing the whole number tho, like 202 by typing 202, but it goes by typing the number that corresponds to the list of numbers you have. For example, In a list that goes from 200 to 400, you will have to type 10 to get 300. Here i just typed "2" and "7" since the list starts from 200

IIRC, in the past i just used to type the Aircaft number just like that, and in-game i had the proper number after the callsign, like "Fast Eagle 102", not just the number displayed on the plane livery.
      How do i do? I'm pretty sure that it's possible to have "Fast Eagle 102" on my screen HUD and in the Roster
      Thanks in advance for helping me.

• By thejackie
      Greetings, first of all. This game is AMAZING, and it is one of the few good sims (or light-sims) that'll actually run on my laptop, it has a lot of variety and I seriously love that... I'd just like to know how to mod it better, you see, I've downloaded TONS of aircraft and, up to this point, they've all appeared on the list no problem whatsoever.
      The main problem is the weapons, now, I don't know what I messed up or how I did, but there's a lot of weapons missing, some of them pretty important. I'm looking for someone that can walk me trough this and give me some tips in the way.
      by the way, if you want to know which exactly are my addons, they're mostly aircraft and weapons, all of them ripped from the desert storm mod over to "vanilla" sf2, since I can't run the desert storm mod. 
      I'm willing to do a lot of work to get my game back in order and I hope I can get some help.... with nothing more to add, I await for some pointers, thanks beforehand.
    • By Coupi

View File AIM-97A Seekbat for SF2
      What if Mod : AIM-97A Seekbat for SF2
      v1.0.0

1) History
          Studied by General Dynamics, the Seekbat tested under the designation XAIM-97 was a USAF 
          attempt to field a long range AAM for intercepting the Foxbat.
          This 590 kg air-to- air weapon was a SAHM. Its speed was Mach 3+ and its range was 90 km.
          The Seekbat was another Standard missile derivate...

2) Installation
          This AAM uses the AGM-78 LOD file from Strike Fighters 2.
          I have repainted the tile and created the needed files with the TW Weapon Editor.

Put the "Objects" folder to your SF2 Directory

In order to fire it you could fly the Thirdwire F-15A and you need edit the data.ini of the plane 
          and add "SAHM" entry to this file :
              // Weapon Stations --------------------------
              [LeftWingStation]
              SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
              StationID=1
              StationGroupID=2
              AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,LGB,EOGB,MER,FT,SAHM
              AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
              FuelTankName=Tank610_F15
              FuelTankNodeName=droptank_wing_L
              [RightWingStation]
              StationID=2
              StationGroupID=2
              AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
              FuelTankName=Tank610_F15
              FuelTankNodeName=droptank_wing_R

3) What if story 
          1980 over Europe : the AIM-97A Seekbat is in operational service !

Its your turn now !

Coupi ;)
      Submitter Coupi Submitted 11/01/2022 Category Single Ordnance Files  
    • By Coupi
      What if Mod : AIM-97A Seekbat for SF2
      v1.0.0

1) History
          Studied by General Dynamics, the Seekbat tested under the designation XAIM-97 was a USAF 
          attempt to field a long range AAM for intercepting the Foxbat.
          This 590 kg air-to- air weapon was a SAHM. Its speed was Mach 3+ and its range was 90 km.
          The Seekbat was another Standard missile derivate...

2) Installation
          This AAM uses the AGM-78 LOD file from Strike Fighters 2.
          I have repainted the tile and created the needed files with the TW Weapon Editor.

Put the "Objects" folder to your SF2 Directory

In order to fire it you could fly the Thirdwire F-15A and you need edit the data.ini of the plane 
          and add "SAHM" entry to this file :
              // Weapon Stations --------------------------
              [LeftWingStation]
              StationID=1
              StationGroupID=2
              AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
              FuelTankName=Tank610_F15
              FuelTankNodeName=droptank_wing_L
              [RightWingStation]
              StationID=2
              StationGroupID=2
              AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
              FuelTankName=Tank610_F15
              FuelTankNodeName=droptank_wing_R

3) What if story 
          1980 over Europe : the AIM-97A Seekbat is in operational service !

Its your turn now !

Coupi ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..