9 hours ago, bazillius said:

This game can be fixed and fixed for a long time without destroying the structure of the game itself. A lot of things need to be modified, but it is not in ini files. So i think problems in mods will apear not fast.

my friend......:lol:

you dont remember 2012-2013 in TW land

TK would release patches. lets say at noon on a monday

by 8pm, CA would be full o posts breaking down whats in the new patch and singing songs of praise.

by 8am the next morning those songs of praise would turn to screams of anguish as somebody discovered that this mod was porked. or that feature disappeared. or something that was ridicously hard was now ridicously easy. and so on

my recurring joke is funny because its true. we've seen us do it...........

• Like 7

Honestly. What are you expecting? If it was me creating a game and then a bunch of players started to mess with it, trying to change everything that I achieved, trying to work around things that were not supposed to work, building new models where the polycount of one model is bigger than the whole objects pool from the original game. Building new terrains and fancy campaigns that bring too much to the game... hell screw players then. He made a game and you are screwing with it...instead playing.:biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

not saying your wrong there....

if were me, would put a statement in the EULA that im not responsible for any effects my release has on any third party content. screenshot and post as the reply anytime someone complained.

hell, that statement might be in there. only reason anyone might read the EULA is to dispute a post like this :lol:

18 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

and you are screwing with it...instead playing.:biggrin:

demolition-man-wesley-snipes.gif.77f91a2a272a9c44cc9c2f624e8db104.gif

:lol::haha::lol:

• Haha 2

If you read through the old TW forums archive you can see the pattern of the patch release, from the first few hours of elation from new features and "fixes" then like DA said it was all doom and despair soon after.

I think TK's biggest regret was ever making the game with the intention of allowing the end user to "customise" it. He as a game developer already should have known that what ever you give the customer it would never be enough, the more folks you get screwing with stuff the more they'll want and the more they'll break.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sundowner said:

If you read through the old TW forums archive you can see the pattern of the patch release, from the first few hours of elation from new features and "fixes" then like DA said it was all doom and despair soon after.

I think TK's biggest regret was ever making the game with the intention of allowing the end user to "customise" it. He as a game developer already should have known that what ever you give the customer it would never be enough, the more folks you get screwing with stuff the more they'll want and the more they'll break.

Exactly. With Arma 3 you can do a lot with the game code and make a plethora of mods, just by looking at it and figuring out what to do. I can say that the devs are more friendly though, and of course encourage a lot of modders to make stuff for the game. Of course, you get those who come up with some bizarre requests and you're stuck with "I can't do that because the game simply won't allow it."

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sundowner said:

what ever you give the customer it would never be enough, the more folks you get screwing with stuff the more they'll want and the more they'll break.

How then do open source programs work? How then does Falcon BMS exist? 

9 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

somebody discovered that this mod was porked. or that feature disappeared

I'm talking about something completely different. But anyway  it's too late to do something with the game. The game is very outdated.  It remains only to play what is in hands but not in our dreams.

In general, I didn’t expect that everyone would gather here, in this topic. I thought there would be one or two comments. :biggrin: Thanks to topick starter for good mood :good:

• Like 2

There are plenty of mods that can still be done for DCS, like infantry that attack enemy planes and helos, simulating helo gunners with fixed gun positions controlled by the player, adding roads and paths to the terrains so they look more realistic... TK will never return to the series, he tried and didn't got the money he expected, and that was for Win10, now we're on Win11.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stratos said:

TK will never return to the series, he tried and didn't got the money he expected, and that was for Win10, now we're on Win11.

If he would have offered more than an old, but now Win10 compatible game, the result would have been different. A fistfull new planes and anew war theater ... Perhaps Korea War. And he would had a lot if people which would be interested in.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Gepard said:

If he would have offered more than an old, but now Win10 compatible game, the result would have been different. A fistfull new planes and anew war theater ... Perhaps Korea War. And he would had a lot if people which would be interested in.

Agree.

6 hours ago, Stratos said:

he tried and didn't got the money he expected, and that was for Win10, now we're on Win11.

and the originally works just fine on around 99% of said systems

6 hours ago, Gepard said:

hell, he probably coulda made a good chunk of change making pits for the non player flyables. especially if he released the way he did for all the other DLCs.......

(cough cough A-6)

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 2

On 8/25/2023 at 3:37 PM, Gepard said:

A fistfull new planes and anew war theater ... Perhaps Korea War. And he would had a lot if people which would be interested in.

that would be another TK suicide. At least not worth any penny unless the whole sack of bugs would be addressed. 

new theater, campaign, and again players would complain about historical accuracy, phases of the moon, and birds chirping - and started to mod it anyway.

I said it before and will say it again. This game in versions 3, 4, or even 5  would not require new aircraft, objects, or terrains. This can be handled quite easily. And this site/forum is a quite decent example. 

If we look at the aircraft library not sure how 'developer' could surprise us....

What this game needs is....

and here I will stop. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

birds chirping

This ! ...is the #1 issue to address. It completely ruins the immersion of the game. I'm about to rage-quit / uninstall everything if a fix isn't available in the next 2 weeks.

Edited by Cliff7600
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Cliff7600 said:

This ! ...is the #1 issue to address. It completely ruins the immersion of the game. I'm about to rage-quit / uninstall everything if a fix isn't available in the next 2 weeks.

You should tweet about it.

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

birds chirping -

is this the new metric to complain by? have rivets become last century?

and why do the birds chirp in mp3 rather than wav in Iceland?!?!?!?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 4

Well, better ask for a project that is open source and provides compatibility to the huge library of lod files here, than dreaming TW will invest in something that will never reward them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Agreed

2 hours ago, Menrva said:

cant hear it

are we beating the right horse?

the graphics are off

pretty sure were supposed to be beating a Clydesdale, not a retired Lippenzzaner

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

(just teasin ya bro. thanks to ODS you probably have the closest to TKs experience of the modders)

• Like 1

More that graphic enhancement, this game needs multiplayer. The only request I'd like to see fulfilled. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheJetfighter said:

More that graphic enhancement, this game needs multiplayer. The only request I'd like to see fulfilled. 

Agreed, it would increase the popularity of it a lot even how small the missions are.

• Thanks 1

Well, well, well...............

Today I gota refponse fwom TK sayin that SF3 wood be out later this yer......wud I like to be a beeta tester...............OUCH!!! X**%**xx!!!! :stars:

Hi this is Ant's wife..............dont take any notice of him....................he's been having a few beers & they've "reacted" with his medication..................:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, Sundowner said:

Well, well, well...............

Today I gota refponse fwom TK sayin that SF3 wood be out later this yer......wud I like to be a beeta tester...............OUCH!!! X**%**xx!!!! :stars:

Hi this is Ant's wife..............dont take any notice of him....................he's been having a few beers & they've "reacted" with his medication..................:biggrin:

Hey obviously you shouldn't drink so much next time:lol:

5 hours ago, TheJetfighter said:

Agree for this,at least co-op mode would be nice to avoid some AI bugs like they don't use EOGB in Strike mission

just imagine ! SF3 can bring a huge charm :stars:

AirBrush_20230829115237.jpg