I was looking at the A-6A and EA-6B_AH while I was making the adjustment for the ALQ-99 and I have found out that these two models need a lot of work or just to make a new one so at least it will be as good as the attachments to it lol.

A-6A is just so basic and low ploy. (other SF2 models are low poly but they look great)
2024-02-08_21h27_37.thumb.png.241d17171b36665ea9cc56a3098e4283.png2024-02-08_21h27_23.thumb.png.22acb958b0235d898d11a7268530b4aa.png

EA-6B AH someone did a good job starting the model but it still has some imperfections. sorry and don't misunderstand me I am not trying to criticize the model creator.

2024-02-08_21h31_32.thumb.png.96b323c23749b6ba1c3f94a2ec6f2a97.png2024-02-08_21h32_28.thumb.png.91c3b11477dacb918f1386458b847fc5.png2024-02-08_21h33_00.thumb.png.57fb8a8ef3e67b53e1b070dfd99221ba.png

I thank everyone who worked on any model for this great game, but I think we need to make a list of jets that we need to enhance.

I think the Grumman A-6 Intruder will be my first choice to make as it is an all-weather attack aircraft. if you have any other jet from the game that you think we need to improve please list them (please don't go wild only list the low poly models ) and will try to see what we can come up with.

Thanks,
GK

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

The mainproblem with TKs A-6 is, that lot of parts are mapped overlapping. I started a new 4k-template a long time ago and gave up on it. A new "dress" alone doesn't work for this one in my opinion.

• Like 2

There are indeed a lot of models that need a face lift, along with a fair few missing types too, a huge endeavour, I wish I had the knowledge, and the tools to be able to do it, but alas, I am only an old groundpounding, grunt.

• Like 1

Later... why not the "2005" F-11F Tiger ! However how to improve these old birds if we don't have the max files... :smile: P.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nyghtfall said:

The mainproblem with TKs A-6 is, that lot of parts are mapped overlapping. I started a new 4k-template a long time ago and gave up on it. A new "dress" alone doesn't work for this one in my opinion.

I have to agree, even the F-14A has some WTF mapping on the tails. I couldn't pull off a good rendition of a skin, and it looks all jacked up because of it. I did one for the TMF bird, so that was pretty easy once you figured it out. But yeah a new derss can't help a poorly mapped model.

7 minutes ago, Coupi said:

Later... why not the "2005" F-11F Tiger ! However how to improve these old birds if we don't have the max files...

Maybe we can add it,  but it looks good for a low poly. 
2024-02-08_22h11_44.thumb.png.c6e7746263cbe7b82e71c9ec6c3cacfe.png2024-02-08_22h11_22.thumb.png.51597057c0b7f1e9626f0720f72334df.png

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 1

I would love to see a Viggen.

• Like 4

Indeed, a lot of the 3rd party add ons have those gaps and overlaps and flipped faces. I never noticed the overlapping mapping on 3W birds, but it's obviously there. A good number of the 1stGen planes have a myriad of 3d and texture issues (Pasko's Oragoun flaps comes right to mind. Others that we have have gaps or meshes not quite attached to the parent, along with oddly linked animations

There are some that do need reworking. And, honestly, some that just need complete replacements.

Let's get to work people!!! :biggrin:

I support both an improved A-6 family (A-6A, A-6B, A-6C, KA-6D, A-6E, EA-6A, EA-6B) and a Viggen family (AJ-37, JA-37, SF-37, SH-37, SK-37, JA-37D).

The stock A-6 has issues with the pylons - wrong size and shape. The drop tanks are wrong in size as well.

The Viggen family available in the Scandinavian Front mod has issues with the control surfaces - these do not work correctly and I fear that may be more than just an issue with the data.ini.

• Like 1

Plus it will be available through CA and not a DAT bird too, less politics and more flying.

I'm down with the A-6 family as they are fun to fly (and frankly we could use a new Prowler) and nice birds in general.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Plus it will be available through CA and not a DAT bird too, less politics and more flying.

The Scandinavian Front with the Viggen family included is available here at CA, but yes, a Viggen is not available as a standalone download, one has to download the full Scandinavian Front mod to get access to the Viggen.

Unless I am mistaken, the Viggen family models were touched a bit by Ravenclaw at some point, so even if these and the DAT one originate from the same source file (which I am not sure they do), the models in the Scandinavian Front should not be affected by the said politics.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Svetlin said:

The Scandinavian Front with the Viggen family included is available here at CA, but yes, a Viggen is not available as a standalone download, one has to download the full Scandinavian Front mod to get access to the Viggen.

Unless I am mistaken, the Viggen family models were touched a bit by Ravenclaw at some point, so even if these and the DAT one originate from the same source file (which I am not sure they do), the models in the Scandinavian Front should not be affected by the said politics.

Ahh yeah the downloads are messed up so I can't get the Viggen, but a non-Scandinavian Front download will be cool, as I think it's a cool looking plane and such.

At long last....this is what is needed...:drinks:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

a new A-6 family would be massively appreciated by many here.

hell, i think TK woulld have made 20x the money he hoped to make with a SF2 Win10 had he made pits for his intruders as DLCs

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gepard said:

I would love to see a Viggen.

see a new Viggen? there was a few in the Scandanavian Front Campaigns as far as I can remember. 

• Like 1

New / reworked Aircrafts would be a dream.

Thought about that a long time...

And I already did some reworks (most only cosmetic & ini dance).

Some more are planned,

The A-6A & EA-6B are a great starting point Bobrock did A-6A & a EA-6B models for YAP & they are purchaseable @ turbosquit.

I already got his F-5E max file, would be nice to have it a bit tuned & in game ....

Edited by Soulfreak
  • Like 1

Okay, I have this so far:

1. A-6A

2. AE-6B

3. F-15E

4. F-14A

5. Viggen

6. F-5E

This will at least take 6 to 7 months if things go well and smoothly.

I need to get in contact with my friends (team) first.

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Big thank you to @snapper 21  :ty: as he shared with me the two first models the A-6A and the EA-6B and that will save me a lot of time, just waiting for confirmation from my team and I will update you with the details.

• Like 4

@GKABS this is a nice list...but remember you pick aircraft with many versions...so going into F-15E may lead (or should :biggrin:) into C and D. A-6 and its all versions would be a nice upgrade  (although there are some small differences in models like part of the wing for EA-6B...) etc etc.

We have quite a decent F-5E. from Centurion (?) right? Viggen is a good choice too! And new improved Tomcat would be great! 

Side note .. we might have this year refreshed radar nose saber dogs. 

I am still hoping for Su....any Su to shoot at.

I heard some rumors about zipper :wink: somewhere :wink: someone :wink: or this is my imagination.

I started to make lines and rivets on KC...yes @daddyairplanes that KC...

and since I destroyed countless times my new ground objects..it is time to make new ones...

15 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

hell, i think TK woulld have made 20x the money he hoped to make with a SF2 Win10 had he made pits for his intruders as DLCs

nah...community could also do that..but did not. So...

But yes probably a lot would buy said DLC... - which leads me to my biggest complaint about flight sims - for developers air war is only  'fighter aircraft' while in reality air war is won by unsung heroes in transports, recon, elint, sigint, AWACs, tankers, and generally support crews. Imagine flying a 30-day campaign flying only in unarmed sparkvark or compass call. Only a player with balls would do that

20 hours ago, Nyghtfall said:

TKs A-6 is, that lot of parts are mapped overlapping.

I have seen worst.  I did skins for A-6 - the thing is you have to compromise here and there...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GKABS said:

Okay, I have this so far:

1. A-6A

2. AE-6B

3. F-15E

4. F-14A

5. Viggen

6. F-5E

This will at least take 6 to 7 months if things go well and smoothly.

I need to get in contact with my friends (team) first.

The other vautours can use a remodel imo

• Like 1

I have all the FastCargo updated F-15 models and some cockpits, if you want I also have most MF factory stuff which I know you would do a good job with. And a load of "other" stuff you might be able to use.

pm me if you're intrested, no problems if you're not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yakarov79 said:

@GKABS this is a nice list...but remember you pick aircraft with many versions...so going into F-15E may lead (or should :biggrin:) into C and D. A-6 and its all versions would be a nice upgrade  (although there are some small differences in models like part of the wing for EA-6B...) etc etc.

Yes, you are correct I intend to do that but I will try my best to do all the versions and I intend to depend on the community to do the different textures for different units and countries (I will be releasing the temple files)

We have quite a decent F-5E. from Centurion (?)

This will not be a new model it is FC model only to make some changes to the model request by Soulfreak ;)

I am still hoping for Su....any Su to shoot at.

I heard some rumors about zipper :wink: somewhere :wink: someone :wink: or this is my imagination.

Yes :biggrin: somewhere in this universe :wink:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

nah...community could also do that..but did not. So...

could,  but yes hasnt. the active modellers dont want it bad enought to work the pit. but my 20x comment was more how much he'd have made on SF2 Win10 than how much he have made on an A-6 DLC

47 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

But yes probably a lot would buy said DLC... - which leads me to my biggest complaint about flight sims - for developers air war is only  'fighter aircraft' while in reality air war is won by unsung heroes in transports, recon, elint, sigint, AWACs, tankers, and generally support crews. Imagine flying a 30-day campaign flying only in unarmed sparkvark or compass call. Only a player with balls would do that

as a retired Army cook i second that notion.  the tactical jets are cool,  but the big girls are what win the war....  although flying AWACS for a campaign might be more boring than ballsy :lol:

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

although flying AWACS for a campaign might be more boring than ballsy :lol:

:haha:

eh... but if you have two PCs - on one you can play a campaign on the other make mods :grandpa:

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

on one you can play a campaign on the other make mods 

fKXRt.jpg.074ee717594844f5c338c90c921fbed5.jpg

• Haha 6