Sign in to follow this  
Dave

What Do You Look Like in Uniform Thread

I feel young compared to you lot!

Anybody who can spot the error on this picture?

Edited by tigertompa

Now I know this topic is EXTREMELY OLD but...me. I had this taken on break at the Cape Cod Airshow 2007.

Now please guys, will you quiet down about my age?

15 old :biggrin:

Zikes, didnt even know this thread was here...ok, gotta post too now after seein' some of the charachters here, lol.

Marine Corps bootcamp my birthday 1975. You know, not a one of those D.I.'s said happy birthday...

usmc1.jpg

Thats me in the back row...

usmc2sm.jpg

After two and a half years of running up and down hills at camp pendleton, decided I wanted ice cream and airconditioning, sooo...joined the Navy. Just so you frikkin airdales understand yur job aint hard to figger out...here's yours truely doin the LSE thing. Had two deployments and a thousand takeoffs and landings on my log...

lse.jpg

Running liberty boats in the Med...

boat1.jpg

The Captains Gig on the David R. Ray DD-971. I loved this boat; A young man with a boat that has a 250 horse Cat diesal, speed screw, and transom mounted leveling planes...need I say more? hehe

boat2.jpg

Haze grey and almost underway for deployment number 3.<BR>Thats BM1 Larry Waelty on the right, a good friend. Salts' just drippin offn us...

dday.jpg

12 years later joined the Calif. Natl Guard for 4 more; no pics of that.

ribbons.jpg

Edited by pcpilot

Just so you frikkin airdales understand yur job aint hard to figger out...here's yours truely doin the LSE thing. Had two deployments and a thousand takeoffs and landings on my log...

lse.jpg

It's no secret that a chimp can do our job, but finding a chimp that wants to go to sea, THATS the hard part :biggrin:

Here are my shots

m_c948df15e3710187ab00fa0d94a1cc67.jpgm_db895ee510ea8c5218a57ceb7a4fbac5.jpg

Well I've never been anywhere near any military organisation so I've got no pics but it looks like there's enough military manpower and hardware for CA to form one of its own. :biggrin:

Nice to have pics to put faces to names though and I salute you all.

.....Sometime last year......

post-2412-1204428662_thumb.jpg

Me some twenty years ago, man I was just a boy :biggrin:

Craig

You have a tough job and yes that is uniform.

Craig

You have a tough job and yes that is uniform.

Yep, I would definitely agree!

FastCargo

Craig...you guys do a great job.

Looking good. :good:

Haven't looked at this thread in ages, and wow, I'm really feeling in awe of you guys, I kinda feel out of place being a civvy. All you who serve or who have served have my utmost respect, and thanks.

I guess it's not too late for a career change eh !

Well I've never been anywhere near any military organisation so I've got no pics but it looks like there's enough military manpower and hardware for CA to form one of its own. :biggrin:

Nice to have pics to put faces to names though and I salute you all.

Absolutely agree. I am very proud to be even remotely associated with a group such as this.

Craig that is definatly a uniform (and a cool one at that). Do you guys have an ELT or EPIRB (Emergency Locater) tracker on your bird? Becuase when I am on a SAR mission in Civil Air Patrol that is what we look for in missing (crashed, sunk, hard landing, bump) plane or boat.

BTW I passed my Review Board and am now a Cadet Tech Sergeant in Civil Air Patrol (USAF Auxiliary). :smile:

Image:CTSgt.gif

Rickenbacker.gif

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

I guess it's not too late for a career change eh !

I was 34 when I changed mine Nicky. :good:

Edited by drdoyo

Thanks and credit go out to all you guys out there in the military. This is an awesome thread, its great to see the faces of you guys. I am just a civy and therefore thank all of you again.

Craig that is definatly a uniform (and a cool one at that). Do you guys have an ELT or EPIRB (Emergency Locater) tracker on your bird? Becuase when I am on a SAR mission in Civil Air Patrol that is what we look for in missing (crashed, sunk, hard landing, bump) plane or boat.

BTW I passed my Review Board and am now a Cadet Tech Sergeant in Civil Air Patrol (USAF Auxiliary). :smile:

Image:CTSgt.gif

Rickenbacker.gif

Keep up the good work Viggy. You are off to fine start!

Do you guys have an ELT or EPIRB (Emergency Locater) tracker on your bird

Yes we do, we have 1 for the aircraft, we have personal ones in our LSJ's on 243Mhz, we are going to trial the use of air deployable marker beacons, we carry 2 X 12 man air deployable dinghys and orange smoke markers, we also have the tracking equipment on board for all 4 emergency frequency's (marine CH-16, 121.5 mhz, 243 Mhz and 406)

Edited by craigbrierley

Thanks USAFMTL. I need a seven ribbon holder for my Blues now. Hey Tinker doesn't happen to have a CAP squadron there does it?

My current ribbons go...

Ribbons.jpg

Guest Bounder

PICT0068.jpg?t=1207887507

but 3 years ago near TQ

Couldn't resist posting a few of my own.

This was in tech school at the 343rd TRS. Never knew painting your face can be so much fun.

camoed.jpg

Trying on the berret before graduation.

berret.jpg

Graduated. Certified skycop

graduation.jpg

These three were at Edwards AFB for heavy weapons qualifications... man that was fun!

VisorUp.jpg

VisorDown.jpg

Aviator.jpg

Anyways, served a tour in Iraq. Got to see a lot of stuff getting blown up by EOD and insurgents (mainly on their own people). Also was on the receiving end of some rocket attacks and one mortar attack. A lot of close calls.

Oh, and apparently, powdered laundry detergent can easily be confused for signs of chemical munitions.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Kunsan 2002

Kunsan02-03_076.jpg

Osan 2006

PB090006.jpg

PC040016.jpg

After loading a single Inert B61 on a CSRL for a training drop

DSC05261.jpg

Me and my Dad

P1010024.jpg

No pics of me in the new uniform...yet :wink:

Might as well throw a few in here...

Me and my baby at home

394Weasy.jpg

Me and a Russian baby (IL-76 in Iraq) ;)

IL-76.jpg

"Hero" shot in Iraq

HeroShot.jpg

Get Some! (broken AA gun, Iraq)

MeAAA.jpg

Not much to do while gassing (Iraq)...

Gassin.jpg

Wish you were here! (Iraq)

MeSignpost.jpg

Break time..."Hadji Dew" (Iraq)

HajjiDew.jpg

Here's me and Bill, about a month ago. I'm on the left in the flightsuit. Bill is a good friend from my last assignment to Ramstein. He's a former C-130 loadmaster who got commisioned and is now a -135 maintenance officer. This was the first time we've seen each other since we both left Germany and I started flying.

Jeff

100_3595.jpg

P.S. I dont usually have a mustache, but it was "Mustache March" and everyone was growing the combat 'stache for fun and to tick off the E-9s.