Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Your Favorite Real Aircraft and Why?

My favourite plane for WW2 is the A6M Zero. Kicked allies' ass and was unmatched for long time...

Cold War's favourite is the F-4 Phantom. Flying Monster armed to the teeth.

Modern Plane...undoubtedly the Su-37 Flanker. Sleek but deadly. A flying beauty.

my favorite aircraft is F-16C/D because TuAF(turkish air force) use this aircraft....

my favorite cold war aircraft is Phantom II... I dont know why ı love this aircraft...

and finally my favorite WWII aircraft is P-47....

The A-10. Perhaps because it's somewhat of an anachronism, when compared to all those 4th and 5th generation fighters. But none of them would ever be able to fit into the Warthog's shoes. :biggrin:

WOV/WOE related I would also mention the F-4 and the F-8. I have had plenty of fun with those two.

50s/60s Fleet Air Arm:

Scimitar

Sea Vixen

Buccaneer

Fly Navy!

Subject says it all.......

With so many beautiful birds ( flying ones Kevin & no turkeys or chickens) on this site it's almost impossible to pick out a favourite...I guess this really is a Brainless reply

With so many beautiful birds ( flying ones Kevin & no turkeys or chickens) on this site it's almost impossible to pick out a favourite...I guess this really is a Brainless reply

Well Brain I mean real aircraft not one from this site.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite is the F-8 Crusader...

In fact in Jun of 2002 I did an article about the Crusader when I wrote for Avsim.

USAFMTL's F-8 Crusader Article

That pretty much sums it up folks an why I like the Crusader.....because face it, when you're out of F-8's, you're out of fighters.

ja-37 viggen

because the shape, i think it's an ''sexy'' bird :biggrin:

F-14 Tomcat: looks sexy and is a real killer

F-4 Phantom: Fighter, Bomber, SAM Killer - one for all

In fact in Jun of 2002 I did an article about the Crusader when I wrote for Avsim.

That pretty much sums it up folks an why I like the Crusader.....because face it, when you're out of F-8's, you're out of fighters.

The last of the Gunfighters...

F-14 Tomcat: looks sexy and is a real killer

F-4 Phantom: Fighter, Bomber, SAM Killer - one for all

I`m a Chinese F-4 fan

especially F-4E and F-4F ICE , King !

F-4 , F-4 , F-4 , F-4 ..... :clapping:

Well Brain I mean real aircraft not one from this site.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I've never flown any kind of real aircraft so how would I know which was best? :biggrin:

If we'er talking 'looks' only I guess I've got to say the Spitfire although the modern jets like the F-16 look great too. From the reports I've read from the pilots who have flown the 'Spit' plus many other different types of airplane they all say the Spitfire was the best of all in handling etc. even compared to modern ones.... so who am I to disagree.

I`m a Chinese F-4 fan

especially F-4E and F-4F ICE , King !

F-4 , F-4 , F-4 , F-4 ..... :clapping:

Someone loves inverted flat spins :haha:

I forgot to post my other catagory faves.

Attack: A-10A Warthog and AJ 37 Viggen.

Bomber: B-17G Flying Fortress (First plane I ever went inside of), B-52H

Multirole Fighter: F-16F Block 60, Su-30MK

Fighter, secondary: F-14A Tomcat, JA 37 Viggen, Su-35 Super Flanker

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Historically:

WWI: Sopwith Pup, Se.5A

Between Wars: P-36 Hawk

WWII: P-51D Mustang, Spitfire, Hurricane

Korea: F-86, P-80

Vietnam: F-4E, A-6E, A-4, F-105, MiG-17

Cold War: F-5E Tiger II

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Well I've never flown any kind of real aircraft so how would I know which was best? :biggrin:

If we'er talking 'looks' only I guess I've got to say the Spitfire although the modern jets like the F-16 look great too. From the reports I've read from the pilots who have flown the 'Spit' plus many other different types of airplane they all say the Spitfire was the best of all in handling etc. even compared to modern ones.... so who am I to disagree.

I didn't say best....I said favorite..... :biggrin:

It's kinda hard to pick one jet

when there are so many to choose from ^_^

I like the American jet's more than the rest, F-15 is my favorite

1 wing landing with no fatal injuries! damn thats one good jet :)

O.K. I'm in.

Favorite is the F-102A Delta Dagger (watched them taxi by and fly from the Connecticut ANG in 1971-72), next F-4s and F-105s I think. Miss those old birds in 3-tone SEA camo. Still waiting for someone to make a WOV/SFP1 deuce - I have tons of serial assgnments and photos for reference.

Mike Druzolowski

My favorite is the Mcdonnell F-4II Phantom, mainly because when it got out it was years ahead of everything else, just to bad they did'nt came with an gun to start with..

Sorry F-4 Phantom II

To me, if depends on what era your pointing to..WW2? Korea? Nam? Modern??

Broken down by the above criteria,

P-51D

F-86

F-4

F-15

All time, single favorite, would have to be Phantom.

Wrench

kevin stein

Rgr that!!The list is great but what about that all wooden two engine WWII British bird, she had great speed and could turn on a dime and with those 8 guns in her nose...lawd!

Cruds and SPADS! F-8 is my favorite jet. A1s to zap stuff on the ground. F-105 Thuds are grand to haul iron bombs and RTB quick like. :ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

Despite having F-111s and A-10s flying over my head nearly every day I totally fell in love with the F-16 as a modern day jet - looks performance, and innovation rolled into one, also designed as a close range dogfighter!! - still going strong nearly 30 years after its first service year!

Well my primary all time favourite is the F-15A/C Eagle, it's just....perfect.

As for others:

Ta152H

F-86

F-104

Mirage F1

And as for the latest stuff it's probably Jas39 Gripen

For me the F-86F Sabre, Hawker Hunter, Mystere IVa and the MiG-15. The early Cold War era jets

are fascinating. The Sabre with it's incredibly sleek lines and WW2-style armament and the others

with their HUGE cannon. If this is boiled down further, then it would be a tie between the Sabre

and the elegant Hunter.

Edited by MrCraig41

Fokker D XXI,

Badly outnumbered and outclassed by the luftwaffe they performed admirable in may 1940 above the Netherlands.

Same plane, badly outnumbered performed very good in the winter war for Finland.