Sign in to follow this  
Lobo__

Simhq review of WOI is up

For those whose lips curl into a sneer and whose eyes have become accustomed to focusing down your nose at the mere mortals who enjoy their ‘arcade piece of crap’ because the F-4E lacks the correct number of rivets on the splitter plate, you may stop reading here.

:rofl:

True Rivet Counting

I largely agree with that review. MP has been and likely will always be a weak point in TK's sims, but he's not looking to change that any time soon.

Though I gotta say, LAN play rawks when everyone has a bunch of add-on a/c and effects.

Why does every review have to focus on what happened 5 years ago? It would be nice if WOI could be reviewed on tis own merits.

Why does every review have to focus on what happened 5 years ago? It would be nice if WOI could be reviewed on tis own merits.

Yeah I agree there. So what if it has the same engine? Did they do this to FE?

The review is like an add-on to reviews of previous games in the series :wink:

I don't play MP and must admit enjoy stock AC a whole lot. AI rocks, campaigns are never boring. Already bought WoE and WoV and now wait for engine update. Ain't it a sign of a great game :biggrin: Don't care much for 100% detailed simulation as it turns a game into a job...

I worry for my system if he's getting single digit framerates. And the graphics haven't improved that much to warrant FSX framerates :unsure:

I worry for my system if he's getting single digit framerates. And the graphics haven't improved that much to warrant FSX framerates :unsure:

He may not think so, but they have improved.

eg shadow system is completely redone (first in FE:EP I think) and planes look more 3D than ever. Even smallest surfaces are casting shadows without the need of a special crude shadow LOD.

Worry not. I was hesitant to buy it due to its 128MB video requirement, but my 64MB FX GO5200 runs it pretty well. Not full bore mind you but it runs very well at high/medium settings.

He may not think so, but they have improved.

No doubt about that from the screens, it just seemss the difference in appearance is disproportional to the performance hit. The new code for the shadows probably needs some tuning. But then again, I barely notice shadows unless its on the runway in a flight sim.

Meah, it was a review of it alright but very shallow and lacking in depth. Its seem to me that the reviewer spent all of about 2 hours flying it, then perused sim forums to get more into his review. He never looked under the hood. Shame.

It's early yet. Luckily, people aren't forced to rely on just the SimHQ staff for game reviews.

Meah, it was a review of it alright but very shallow and lacking in depth. Its seem to me that the reviewer spent all of about 2 hours flying it, then perused sim forums to get more into his review. He never looked under the hood. Shame.

Guy said he barely even mods!

It's early yet. Luckily, people aren't forced to rely on just the SimHQ staff for game reviews.

Well CA is going to do an in depth review. A real break down of it, the good and the bad.

Guy said he barely even mods!

You don't have to mod, not at all, but he didn't have to make it sound like its a terrible thing either. He lost me right there.

Sadly, my review won't be on news stands until mid-May.

Bad timing is my middle name...

:blink:

Don't worry, it runs fine on my old, crappy system. The only concession I had to make was shutting off the shadows, other than that its runs pretty smoothly on my stock, on-board Dell graphics card.

Well CA is going to do an in depth review. A real break down of it, the good and the bad.

You don't have to mod, not at all, but he didn't have to make it sound like its a terrible thing either. He lost me right there.

Looking forward to this review, hope lot of ppl will read.

And I agree 100% to the second line

I'm looking forward to the CA review. I have a sense of what is new (the AI is so much closer to what I've always wanted) but I'm not sure what other, hidden changes have been made and it would be nice to read a competent summary of what is new with the game.

That is one short review.

Are we able to fly on the Arab sides?(Migs and Mirage F1C?)

Edited by Miracles

That is one short review.

Are we able to fly on the Arab sides?(Migs and Mirage F1C?)

Yes if you want to

I can't wait for the CA review :yes:

BTW, who made SimHQ the all knowing masters of Flight Simness that everyone has to abide by?

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Ahem. We're approaching the line here. Its perfectly fine to "review" the review itself but lets not let this get into a site bashing affair. Thanks.