Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tazkiller

All Enclusive Weapons Pack

Guest Tazkiller

Will there ever by a one stop shop; as in the old days?

In my opinion, nope.

Even with Bunyap's weapons pack, a lot of weapons were getting obsoleted by better versions put out by independent modders. The best results for weapons packs are those incorperated with specific theatres (MF Weapons pack) or total conversion mods (Nato Fighters, Operation Tainted Cigar, etc). There are simply too many aircraft, nations, and time periods for a all in one inclusive weapons pack unless you make one yourself. The new patches have allowed me to make a 'super stock' TW sim install, and I've been using this opportunity to get rid of a lot of aircraft and weapons I simply never used or wasn't interested in.

FastCargo

Well TMF is slowly replacing most of the weps in Bunyaps weps pack. I used to use Bunys pack but after finding some errors and re thinking the naming conventions I have beem using TMF pack and added some of Bunys stuff, FCs stuff and other. But the days of an all inclusove pack with so many people doing weps is pretty much over I think. I might sound biased but TMF weps packs are the way to go. Easy to use and dont require data.ini edits on arcraft.

Been using TMF's as my primary for most of the weapons these days.

Also, and this isn't a slight to weapons modders (I am one), but sometimes I think we suffer from too many choices rather than not enough. I was looking through my old weapons list, and I had to wonder exactly how many of these did I use, and how many variants of a weapon do you really need. Heck, that's why with my Hellfires, I didn't make EVERY variant, only those that had external model changes.

FastCargo

As a side note i find it irritating that half the weapons on my mission loadout screen are all practice....ok seriously i have never used practice bombs or irritant weapons.

And that is my point. It was cool at one point but 1000 different rocket pods, and practice bombs gets old when you are trying to load a specific wep. I am not bad mouthing Bunys work at all but the novelty has worn off and time to get down to business.

Tha's where I've gone too. I use mainly PGMs anyways, and the odd iron bomb for practice, but other than that, if I like a specific weapon I'll use it...

There is a lot of stuff in the Bunny pack that I have not used- like the practice bombs or all of the obscure Yugoslavian /old Warsaw pact weapons but I like the variety. I'd rather have it and not use it than end up needing it and not have it. And to all of you guys who are modding weapons.... Thank you.

Well guys, i have used bunny's weapons pack ever since i started playing. Just recently i had to wipe my hard drive and start again. So i still use bunny's pack but i am wondering if i can install and use TMF wpack over the top of bunny's?

mixing up old and new packs will7can work technically. But there are several changes which come with thelatest editor which are not applied or only with default values if a old weaponpack is run throuogh the new editor.

Those are specific drag values for all items ( editor adds a default value ) and a CEP value ( always 0 by default ) for all bombs/rockets ect.

The good way to go is to use one of the latest SP 5 compativle weponpacks ( TMF WOI weapons ) and then add other older stuff you want manually step by step,

updating their data as you go.

Does anyone know if there are plans for a new, SP5, WOE/WOV MF weps pack?

Does anyone know if there are plans for a new, SP5, WOE/WOV MF weps pack?

Yes sir it is being worked on.

Yes sir it is being worked on.

initial testing looks good. I think it will solve most people's wishes.

Well guys, i have used bunny's weapons pack ever since i started playing. Just recently i had to wipe my hard drive and start again. So i still use bunny's pack but i am wondering if i can install and use TMF wpack over the top of bunny's?

yes - but you get some odd results sometimes.

I have some separate WWII loads that I still use Bunyaps pack for. But have been shifting more and more for everything else to either the TMF packs exclusively or the theater variation (OTC, NF, etc.)

mixing up old and new packs will7can work technically. But there are several changes which come with thelatest editor which are not applied or only with default values if a old weaponpack is run throuogh the new editor.

Those are specific drag values for all items ( editor adds a default value ) and a CEP value ( always 0 by default ) for all bombs/rockets ect.

The good way to go is to use one of the latest SP 5 compativle weponpacks ( TMF WOI weapons ) and then add other older stuff you want manually step by step,

updating their data as you go.

Hmmm... what's CEP?

Hmmm... what's CEP?

circular error of probability

in short - accuracy.

circular error of probability

in short - accuracy.

So does the default value of '0' placed by the weps editor make for a bunch of super weapons?

So does the default value of '0' placed by the weps editor make for a bunch of super weapons?

not sure how it actually plays out - but I would think that yes - that default value is probably putting an unreasonable level of accuracy to the weapons.

The way to think of it is that if all else is equal and the same weapon released with the exact same parameters - a real CEP of say 100 yards will put 50% of those weapons into that 100 yard area. That is what that means. I doubt that parameter is actually implemented precisely correct in the sim.

That is the "fun" of actual weapons employment with unguided weapons while being shot at!!

:biggrin:

No because even with a laser guided bomb, there are still parameters which must be achieved when dropping to get pinpoint accuracy. Just because it has a CEP of 0 doesn't mean it's a super weapon. I've had one overshoot today because I dropped too late, and sailed over the tank I was trying to blow up. Now if I had been within optimum parameters, yeah I would have dropped the Paveway right on top of it's turret :good: Missiles again are another story, but even then you may launch and it may not be able to turn to engage the target.

Just where can one find the TMF weapons pack ???

In the download sections, under SF/WO*/FE weapons packs....... :blink:

Right now I'm running a 'merged' setup with Bunny's pack as the base but with the TMF running attop, its a bit of a hash, especially since I've forgotten what half the weaponsa ctually are....

That and I mistook a Mk82 Snakeye for a Mk82 MOD nuclear device for a CAS strike....