North American Maverick FB.2 of No.19 Squadron, Second Tactical Air Force, 1947.

(Thanks Wrench)

Dooley Bird a matchbox classic.

Dooley Bird a matchbox classic.

:ok:

Showdown at sunrise. F-4B of the vf-11 red rippers on MiG-CAP, December 1967

It sure ain't easy bein' a mud mover. Now where did you say Charlie was down there?!

post-29988-1249052703_thumb.jpg

North American Maverick FB.2 of No.19 Squadron, Second Tactical Air Force, 1947.

(Thanks Wrench)

You're welcome Spinners! That NM looks damn good with RAF roundells!!

wrench

kevin stein

Heavy Rain...

Last preparations befor meeting charlie...

French trinity...

Night Fight

Nightstalker, out of gas, out of missiles, out of ammo but full of pride!...

Edited by Leidgenosse

B-52H Phase V with Sniper Pod and Combat Track II. Thanks to Dels for the addons to the pit and the BUff pylon. Thank to ST0RM for the Minot skin.

Clipboard01.jpg

img00005.JPG

img00008.JPG

I suddenly have an urge to go glass Paran in a B-52. I doubt it has nothing to do with the awesome B-52 screenies on this page. :biggrin:

Edited by Viggen

RAFVigilanteGR103.jpg

Vigilante GR.1's of No.213 squadron, RAF Germany, 1970.

Low, Low Rider;Just a little higher!

Decided to try some aggressive low level flying with the BUFF. It was going rather well until the tower took out my right wing. I mean who puts a tower in such a stupid place??? :biggrin:

Beautiful! That's my kind of mud mover!

Decided to try some aggressive low level flying with the BUFF. It was going rather well until the tower took out my right wing. I mean who puts a tower in such a stupid place??? :biggrin:

Actually, I have to agree with you there. The control towers in these sims are placed right next to the runway which I think was kind of odd. They're usually placed out on the exterior edge of the flightline with the hangars in real life.

Got mad at my Wingman during this one. He kept refusing to engage my target! I don't know what he was busy with.

There were no other targets in the sky! He's conspicuously missing here. Probably knows I'm pissed at him.

I was thinking about doing this exact skin last night.

I was thinking about doing this exact skin last night.

Well, as mine has some 'match up' issues then please go for it!

That B-52 screeny looks eerily similar to an actual B-52 crash that happened at an airshow here in WA some years ago.

A hotshot B-52 pilot was the left seat, and they sent a squared away guy who kept trying to get him grounded; he was to make sure that this guy didn't pull stupid crap. They also put a guy on who was on his last flight about to retire. The plan was to finish the flight, then taxi up to the bleachers and the retiree was going to get out and retire with his family, but instead dumb dumb overbanked a BUFF and balled it up in front of this guys wife, kids, and all of the brass. Very, very sad.

~Tax

http://www.check-six.com/Crash_Sites/Czar52Crash.htm

A hotshot B-52 pilot was the left seat, and they sent a squared away guy who kept trying to get him grounded; he was to make sure that this guy didn't pull stupid crap. They also put a guy on who was on his last flight about to retire. The plan was to finish the flight, then taxi up to the bleachers and the retiree was going to get out and retire with his family, but instead dumb dumb overbanked a BUFF and balled it up in front of this guys wife, kids, and all of the brass. Very, very sad.

~Tax

Jeez thats terrible!!

B52 crash

I just happened to be on wiki looking up B52s (to get an idea of Max and Cruising speed) I got side tracked for several minutes reading notable crashes of the B52.

I didn't realize how many had crashed with nuclear weapons :skull:

Notable accidents

• On 14 March 1961, a B-52F-70-BW carrying two nuclear weapons experienced an uncontrolled decompression that required it to descend to 10,000 feet in order to lower the cabin altitude. Increased fuel consumption at lower altitude, together with its inability to rendezvous with a tanker in time, caused the aircraft to run out of fuel. The aircrew ejected safely, but the unmanned aircraft crashed 15 miles (24 km) West of Yuba City, California.

• On 17 January 1966, a fatal collision occurred between a B-52G and a KC-135 Stratotanker over Palomares, Spain. The two unexploded B-28 FI 1.45-megaton-range nuclear bombs on the B-52 were eventually recovered; the conventional explosives of two more bombs detonated on impact, with serious dispersion of both plutonium and uranium, but without triggering a nuclear explosion. After the crash, 1,400 metric tons (3,100,000 lb) of contaminated soil was sent to the United States.[3] In 2006, an agreement was made between the U.S. and Spain to investigate and clean the pollution still remaining as a result of the accident.[90]

• On 21 January 1968, a B-52G, with four nuclear bombs aboard as part of Operation Chrome Dome, crashed on the ice of the North Star Bay while attempting an emergency landing at Thule Air Base, Greenland.[91] The resulting fire caused extensive radioactive contamination, the cleanup of which lasted until September of that year.[3] Following closely on the Palomares incident, the clean-up costs and political consequences proved too high to risk again, so SAC ended the airborne alert program the following day.[92][93]

• On 31 March 1972, a B-52D, AF Serial No. 56-0625, departed McCoy Air Force Base, Florida on a routine training mission. Assigned to the 306th Bombardment Wing, the unarmed aircraft sustained multiple engine failures and engine fires on engines #7 and #8 shortly after takeoff. The aircraft immediately attempted to return to the base, but crashed just short of Runway 18R in a residential area of Orlando, Florida, approximately 1 mile north of McCoy AFB, destroying or damaging eight homes. The flight crew of 7 airmen and 1 civilian on the ground were killed.[94]