Harrier GR7

The Harrier GR7 is a license-built American-designed AV-8B Harrier II fitted with RAF-specific navigation and defensive systems as well as other changes including additional underwing pylons for Sidewinder missiles. The improved design of the GR7 allows the aircraft to carry twice the load of a GR3 over the same distance or the same load twice the distance. First flight of the Harrier GR7 was in 1989, and deliveries to RAF squadrons began in 1990. A total of 96 aircraft were ordered, including 62 interim GR5s which were later modified to GR7 standard.

Detailed "readme" file included.

The TIALD pod included in this pack is meant to be used only with this plane.

Just as a reminder, maximum VERTICAL take-off and landIng weight is 18,950 lbs.

If you try to take off vertically with a full load of weapons and fuel, the plane will simply not get airborne and, if you try to land, you'll fall like a brick.

Best vertical landings are performed with a 25% fuel load or less, just experiment to find the right compromise.

Good hunting

bobrock

• Like 1

Nice work mate! :good:

WOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Bobrock......

Hou doe,

Derk :smile:

Guest a10boar

I,want to Rock and Roll all night! Great,Superb,Excellent and need to stop typing to go blow up stuff AGAIN!

Top work...as always! :ok:

Grazie mille! :wink:

I take my hat off to you sir! a fantastic piece of work once again! The TIALDS pod / LIDS / gunpods options are great bit of detail and really add to the model! Thanks!

:hi:

Edited by CJLivesey

Bobrock, the left intake has eight rivets that are a bit blurred, suggest you redo the entire model :tomato: J/K J/K.

Superb work as always, like the rest of your other ac's. Thank you for your effort and hard work for our enjoyment.

Bobrock

I am making an SF2 compatible version. Will upload it later. All it does is put the weapons and various other items in an SF2 ready format.

Stunning m8, just stunning. :good:

I have to say, this seriously raises the bar for add-on releases, absolutely gorgeous, and a joy to fly conventionally.

I will be brave and attempt some VIFF'ing and short take offs and landings once I get a better "feel" for this finely crafted machine.

However.

I am not rivet counting, but on my shakedown run to the range, I carried a varied complement of mud-moving material, including a TIALD for the GBU's, which

works wonderfully, and a gunpod. The latter is the issue. No boom-boom. Looked at the WeaponsData.ini for what I'd just compiled into the DAT file, and

found this;

GunTypeName=30MM_ADEN4

MaxRounds=0 <<-- This could be an issue.

Dialed it to 120, my SWAG to give a full minute of fire, according to the gundata.ini's ROF entry for the Aden4.

Recompiled, and took another run. No soap. I haven't used these guns on any other aircraft, that I recall, so don't know if it is my gundata.dat, or what.

Hey Spec in the pdf it says the Gr.7 and Gr.9 do not have a cannon. I think they load it to balance the pod next to it.

Ah, shoot.

But I saw the pretty pictures in the very nicely done PDF file.

Ah, just to the right it does say;

The ADEN Mk 5 became the basis for

the planned ADEN 25, which was to be

a somewhat larger weapon (90 in / 2.29

m long, 203 lb / 92 kg) firing the new

range of NATO 25 mm ammunition (as

in the American GAU-12 Equalizer) at

a much higher muzzle velocity of 3,445

ft/s (1,050 m/s). Severe development

problems plagued the ADEN 25 and it

was cancelled in 1999. As a result, RAF

Harrier GR.7 and GR.9 aircraft currently

have no cannon.

I figured that meant internal, not in an actual loaded on pod. :dntknw:

I understand why the harrier wasn't given a gun, but if it doesn't have one then why make a fake gunpod for it?

I do want a gunpod for mine however. So I'm trying to get it to work with the GAU-22/A. The only problem is there is no data for the position of the muzzle. can anyone tell me what that may be?

Edited by zmatt

I understand why the harrier wasn't given a gun, but if it doesn't have one then why make a fake gunpod for it?

I think to offset the weight of the laser pod. They made the gun, it didnt work but since it was going to have the weight it was going to need to offset the laser pod they need to keep it. Make sense?

Makes sense to me,

So I'm trying to get the gunpod to actually work. I've go the thing firing, but this happens.

img00086.jpg

Any idea why my rounds are going nowhere?

Friggin' sweet!

I think zmatt, that you don't have the muzzle 3D position set on the gunpod. There's a.... helperpoint is what I can think of this moment that you define as "Muzzle end" so when you pull trigger, the muzzle flash is where it really should be. Since no gun pod was really implemented but for only looks, you have to see if bobrock will go that far. I don't see why not but it's not my stuff :good:

Also, you may want to check various other things...

In the data.ini for the gun, there is this parameter:

MuzzleVel=XXX.XXXXX

If that's zero, there ya go.

The best thing to do is use a gun data entry that already works then tweak from there.

FC