Sign in to follow this  
Panama Red

Rio 2016 !

A good choice! First time Olympic games in South America.

Congrats Rio.

I Want Payoff too :grin:

nice choice, but i'm not happy that my money will be used for some people to buy ferraris and buisness jets, mansions and luxury whores and i'll enjoy nothing of this...last pan american games here, suddently some Billion of Reais(our currency) dissapear in a invisible man pocket.

really, i was wanting Madrid .

Edited by Silverbolt

Dammit, i think Madrid was the best choice. Most things were already built and prepared.

There are many troubles to solve in Rio, wich given that the budget will be diverted to the games won´t be attended and whose solution will be delayed

compared to what could have been otherwise (poverty and crime). As Silver said, it will cause trouble to some part of Brazilians.

Btw, i just won a bet on itgrin.gif

Dammit, i think Madrid was the best choice. Most things were already built and prepared.

There are many troubles to solve in Rio, wich given that the budget will be diverted to the games won´t be attended and whose solution will be delayed

compared to what could have been otherwise (poverty and crime). As Silver said, it will cause trouble to some part of Brazilians.

Btw, i just won a bet on itgrin.gif

oh well, the criminality isn't the bigger problem around....suddently 2 weeks ago Police start a facist campaing to terminate the criminals, they've sniped 2 in 2 weeks, and i have no idea of how many are dissapeared.

really, if you know where to walk in Rio you'll be in a first world country, Such as Copacabana, Botafogo and Laranjeiras, its just a question of be smart.

IMO the biggest problem is who will be the final user of this money...here the politicans & Friends are stealing as a hell...i wish Police could put this facist policy over them...but they're already selled.

as i posted above, it will be used to buy ferraris,Buisness jets insted of givig good quality services to population such as public transport, Public safety and decent schools(pre emptive acton against criminality) and hospitals.

but like all things here the contrasts are huge, there is allways the sad part , but there is also the good part

:drinks:

i'll enjoy it, i guess.

Guest rscsjsuso5

congrats , i remember china 2008, i have tears of joy , may rio have many success like china 2008:grin:.

I was rooting for Madrid as well. Silverbolt's right. Most of the time, criminality in Rio is just a matter of where you're walking. Watch your step and you'll have a great time there. The real problem with the Games being held in Rio is in fact corruption. I hope this event will bring benefits for all cariocas but I'm afraid it'll be more of the same: rich corrupt people getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

But today is a day for celebration, so

drinks.gifPARABÉNS BRASIL!!! clapping.gif

I was rooting for Madrid as well. Silverbolt's right. Most of the time, criminality in Rio is just a matter of where you're walking. Watch your step and you'll have a great time there. The real problem with the Games being held in Rio is in fact corruption. I hope this event will bring benefits for all cariocas but I'm afraid it'll be more of the same: rich corrupt people getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

But today is a day for celebration, so

:drinks:PARABÉNS BRASIL!!!

clapping.gif

:drinks: e vc , vem? hehehe

I am so happy for Brasil and Rio de janeiro.

Congrets Rio. :drinks:

Congratulations!! Great choice!

well done rio..now if anyone would care to invite me over there,and buy me a new bikini it would be mucho welcome.. :grin:

and as much as London have the next one..and im a ture brit..i can honestly say i cant wait for the total balls up this country will make of it,and the stupid excuses we will have and the useless things we will spend the money on hosting the olympics to make britain a better place...like another dumb statue or giant art piece..or no doubt something else for london to benefit...as we all know coz London is the UK..not any other place..just london matters...ohhh..god that turned into a bit of a rant didnt it... :blink:

Rio....gets my vote

xx v xx

as we all know coz London is the UK..not any other place..just london matters...ohhh..god that turned into a bit of a rant didnt it... blink.gif

Well, that happens almost everywhere. Tell the french. People thinks that all of them are like the parisians, but people out of Paris is

really charming compared to those. No offense intended

OK, i´ll post something on topic. Later i will

It's a good move by the IOC to give the Olympics to Rio, especially as they've never been held in South America. However, I do feel a twinge of sadness for Madrid as it's a very beautiful city.

Oh yeah! Yes, we créeeeu!!!

As a carioca (those who are born in Rio), I can say, these OG will be a big party! As every other things in Rio!

We'll show the world our potential, not only of Rio, but of Brasil!

And as Silverbolt and CarlosemoG said,lthe biggest city problem, aren't the crimes but the corruption. If crime were a big problem, the Pan Americ Games wouldn't have been so safe as they were!

Well congratulations to all my Brazilian friends here.

well the brasilian govt must ensure that money is not being spent on white elephants.

regarding corruption,i am sure we can beat you .:grin:

of the four BRIC countries ,only India is a country which has not hosted or will host olympics.

but maybe maybe there is a ray of hope within me that we will host the olympics,maybe in 3016? :rofl:

We were discussing this at work last Friday and concluded that Brazil would be a good choice due to both the climate really being a challenge to the athletes and that it'll be the first Olympics held South America.

Chicago we didn't like as it's pretty much a violent gang infested corrupt pesthole that no Olympics would redeem.

and aren't there better looking babes in Brazil, as compared to Chi-town???

wrench

kevin stein

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

Just like that river twists across a dusty land.

And when she shines she really shows you all she can.

Oh Rio Rio dance across the Rio Grande

Her name is Rio she don't need to understand

I might find her if I'm looking like I can

Oh Rio Rio hear them shout across the land

From mountains in the North down to the Rio Grande

Parabéns!!! Graças a Deus, irmãos!!! :clapping:

Don't think I'll be seeing it there but wouldn't mind having some Cachaça whilst I watch it on TV, remembering my times in the Nordeste...

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

and aren't there better looking babes in Brazil, as compared to Chi-town???

wrench

kevin stein

As compared to anywhere else in the whole world!!! :cool::drinks:

I feel thats the best choice. Who wants to go to Chicago?

the recent downing of a police helicopter in rio may hamper its image.