Sign in to follow this  

Well with bpao no longer with us, that took a big chunk out of the aircraft pool. FC is kind working on and off. We have you and a few rookies and that is about it. Some people are losing their interest. Constanltly having to rewokr planes because of this patch and that patch gets old. The enhancements are great but you know how it is when you do something over and over and over again. We got a mod team though working on a great mod so some things will be happening.

I´m working with Razvan supported by ravenclaw on a Canberra B.2 Model.

Haven´t heard anything from Volker since 23 Dez last year.

I hope he is ok...

BTW, Russo, if you read this please check your PM!!!

I think we've had a lot of interest disappear along with splintering and patch-fixing malaise. When FE2 comes out I foresee a LOT of angst over getting FE mods ported.

There's no doubt the "golden age" of a few years ago when we were getting new planes all the time is over, unfortunately. While I have a ton of mods for my SF2 installs, they're a pale shadow compared to how many SF1-era mods I had. That said, I think I spend more time with the stock planes than the modded ones by and large since we've got quite a few planes in the stable now.

I'm eager to see what comes next, certainly.

I'll disagree.

I think it's been a damn busy year for aircraft and projects.

Desert Storm, WOV and SF2V enhancement mods, NF4+...these are the major all-in-one mods released in the past 12 months.

Not to mention dealing with the Oct 08 patch for Gen 1 sims, and the ENTIRE Gen 2 sim line (SF2/V/E/I) and patches, plus migration to Windows 7 and DX10 for a lot of us.

Frankly, by the end of this year, I was worn out, especially having to deal with real life issues on top of that.

Veltro, you yourself are sitting on a couple of models...you of all people should know what goes into a quality release.

With the holidays, the economic blow up, the loss of the leader of the MF, the departure of several prominent modders from the ThirdWire scene, quite frankly, I'm amazed we didn't shut down the lights, close the doors, and call it a day.

FC

I agree, its a bit of a bugger really......I've heard that some folks are now actually flying this sim [and enjoying it] instead of spending all their spare time just downloading new stuff everyday, bloody shame really.... :rofl:

FC you forgot to mention NF3 and NF4 for WOE

Guess there aren't that many planes left. I have the "Complete Book of Fighters" by Green & Swanborough containing some 1700 (!) fighters but probably some 90% are not important, developed by completely unknown designers in very small factories, WW I or pre WW II and were either only prototypes or produced in very small numbers. As the Third Wire sims are not focused on these periods maybe the number of possibilities is relatively limited......... The more modern models are rather

fewer. But at least the well known planes are very well covered I guess. And thank you very much for them !!!!!!!!

Hou doe

Derk drinks.gif

Edited by Derk

We got something special coming guys. So stay tuned. Things aren't always what they seem.

That's always good to hear :smile:

Damn I have forget, that GMG is working on different projects too.

But we have a real time problem. Caused on real life things (work, family, health).

Real Life ™ is over-rated..... :rofl:

wrench

kevin stein

I like the way Dave keeps us all on edge before something big arrives. Makes me get all excited lol.gif

Real Life is over-rated..... :rofl:

wrench

kevin stein

Says it all.... :lol:

I'll disagree.

I think it's been a damn busy year for aircraft and projects.

Desert Storm, WOV and SF2V enhancement mods, NF4+...these are the major all-in-one mods released in the past 12 months.

Not to mention dealing with the Oct 08 patch for Gen 1 sims, and the ENTIRE Gen 2 sim line (SF2/V/E/I) and patches, plus migration to Windows 7 and DX10 for a lot of us.

Frankly, by the end of this year, I was worn out, especially having to deal with real life issues on top of that.

Veltro, you yourself are sitting on a couple of models...you of all people should know what goes into a quality release.

With the holidays, the economic blow up, the loss of the leader of the MF, the departure of several prominent modders from the ThirdWire scene, quite frankly, I'm amazed we didn't shut down the lights, close the doors, and call it a day.

FC

I quote each and every line.. can't agree more. Besides, comes the time to play and not mod, even for modders. should I count all the "toys" I have I can play for generations myself, and that is just counting 3w stuff. As a note Jane's F-18 works lovely at 1600*900 , TSH modded inwindows7. I bet the HIGH retrocompatibilyu of W7 is taking some attetnion here and there. also TK's patch after patch, while good for the sims ,, as Dave saidhas a wearing out potential. As I wrote earlier, if mods are released , that is good,,otherwise not a big deal, there are more than enough to play with

We got something special coming guys. So stay tuned. Things aren't always what they seem.

I have to ask,, what?Curious,,,

Edited by Canadair

maybe the end of the eagle (f-15e) series?

or the mirage 2000 by the MF (sundowner posted a tease pic in the appropriate thread)

aaahhhh the spéculation, one of the favorite sport of sfp series fans (at least mine :grin: )

I have to ask,, what?Curious,,,

Let's just say. If you like a knife fight in a phone boot. You're gonna like it :cool:

mmmmmuuuuuuuuu-hahahahahahahahahahah <--evil laugh

wrench

kevin stein

I love the mods, but I have been focused on flying mainly stock aircraft way back when I hosted multiplayer all the time.

I recently started using mods again for several reasons:

1) There is no longer any multiplayer in SF2, so I don't have to match the host and or have clients match my host.

2) My 3 year old son likes to "fly" (more like crash) airplanes that match my models hanging on the ceiling or those in his die-cast collection, which includes aircraft like the C-130, Jaguar, and Constellation.

3) The release of the F-101 and F-102 allow me to fly the entire the Century series.

4) I also tested all of the Razbam stuff for compatibility and still love flying the F2H.

The SF2 series makes it so much easier to manage mods, especially weapons and fuel tanks, that I don't mind suffering through re-installing mods corrupted by patching.

Release date is far off but DAMN you all will like it. The cat will get out of the bag based on our fearless leaders say so.

Guess there aren't that many planes left. I have the "Complete Book of Fighters" by Green & Swanborough containing some 1700 (!) fighters but probably some 90% are not important, developed by completely unknown designers in very small factories, WW I or pre WW II and were either only prototypes or produced in very small numbers. As the Third Wire sims are not focused on these periods maybe the number of possibilities is relatively limited......... The more modern models are rather

fewer. But at least the well known planes are very well covered I guess. And thank you very much for them !!!!!!!!

Hou doe

Derk drinks.gif

Gotta agree with Dirk here. I was looking for something to do that excited me and that I had decent reference materials on and ended up with.... Grumman Jaguar. Not exactly mainstream. I've put that on hold as I actually DO have something new in the works. Timeframe tbd.

I have some surprises comming also :grin:

I have a big project going, although it doesn't really have any new planes. But it should give you reason to fly some planes you might not have flown before, at least variations of planes you may have flown before.

Guest rscsjsuso5

just want to add my two cents to the topic i too don't have the capacity to create a new plane but i'am busy digging around thirdwires community section link and fixing up ww2 china v taiwan aircraft like example making a catalina and c119 boxcar part of rocaf and also fixing up a lot old stuff at avsim like a j-7 pack and also saying thanks to the half of modders that provide successful planes like the j-10 and j-8 ,jh7,h-6, and some q-5 and very little j-7s but the rest i'm fixing it all up . alot planes need some tedious editing and testing for example pylon position decal insignia postion and brought up to standard, what i'm saying is i'm all done with every thing up to default standards by original creator specifications because originally the planes wasn't flyable or presentable but now on my computer it is.

just a quick suggesstion since my install involves the plaaf and rocaf then what ever you best is bring it out show it to us for example if u are an expert of usaf planes then go down the list in wikipedia and see what creation u can make that hasn't been created here at CA or any site. what ever u got dig hard and create a plane be loyal to your airforce and be an expert in that area while we unite our designs here on CA . no drought no more, just my two cents. i made the first ever tu16/h6-u tanker multirole bomber tanker dig hard for those variants.

thanks for reading happy landings from a chinese plane/airforce expert/supporter to what ever amazing airforce plane u support :drinks: cheers to all of u