Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

2010 Oscar Results.

http://oscar.go.com/oscar-night/winners?cid=10_oscars_gridLayout_livenow

The Hurt Locker kicks ass at the Oscars...6 wins, including Best Picture and Best Director.

So much for shiny effects and bloated budgets with egos to match.

I don't mind a popcorn movie, but please, don't try to dress up a vapid, uninspired storyline in a shiny, technological wrapper and try to pass it off as something deeper than it is.

Congrats to The Hurt Locker folks!

FC

I was happy for anything other than Dances with Smurfs.

FC

Congratulations to Sandra Bullock. Winning an Oscar and a Razzie for the same role is quite a feat... :wink:

Guest rscsjsuso5
:drinks: just want to have fun, the oscar for best simulation website goes to (drum roll ..... ) (the envelope opens) the winner is Combat Ace . to accept this awards is on behalf of all the great simmers out their is the great creators of combat ace and their goes the crowd with a huge applause and myself and some other modders watching on tv has tears of joy and triumph while doing our mods. yes we did it . :drinks:

post-46688-12680393046288.jpg

Sigh... i was hoping avatar would get it too...

been a long time since we could see some movie of that kind getting some recognition...

but oh well , still is a kick-ass movie... goes to my table of faves... right behind We Were Soldiers

I was happy for anything other than Dances with Smurfs.

FC

Couldn't agree with you more. I have yet to see it and will not see it. The hype killed it. People around here for example... "I have seen Avatar 10 times. OMG it was such a life changing movie......blah blah blah....." Makes me want to vomit.

Loved the Hurt Locker, and I own it. Awesome movie.

So much for shiny effects and bloated budgets with egos to match.

I don't mind a popcorn movie, but please, don't try to dress up a vapid, uninspired storyline in a shiny, technological wrapper and try to pass it off as something deeper than it is.

FC

True.

I'd had like to see "A serious man" winning for best picture, but I knew it wouldn't. For me it was the best from those I saw..

Better "Hurt Locker" than Avatar. At least it's not a sci-fi Titanic.

Congrats to "Hurt Locker"

Glad it was the Hurt Locker that won... Better than the Dance's with Smurf's as FC put it...

Sandra Bullock didn't win an Oscar and a Razzie for the same role...the Oscar wasn't for All About Steve, the Razzie was.

She actually went to the Razzies to get it (I wonder if anyone other than her and Halle Berry have actually appeared to claim their prize?) and brought along a box of DVDs of the film.

Sandra Bullock didn't win an Oscar and a Razzie for the same role...the Oscar wasn't for All About Steve, the Razzie was.

She actually went to the Razzies to get it (I wonder if anyone other than her and Halle Berry have actually appeared to claim their prize?) and brought along a box of DVDs of the film.

Nice to see someone willing to step up and take their lumps as well as their accolades. Congrats to Sandra Bullock on the Oscar!

FC

I felt the same way about Avatar. It's a plot that has been used so many times, it's sickening... but the special effects were insane.

It was like a video game, complete with final Level Boss fight and all. Not a very deep plot, but I guess it couldn't be as you were too distracted by the 3D effects and close detail in the backgrounds.

Remove the violence, and the suggestive sexual scene... and you have a top quality Kid's film.

OvS

The Oscar's are a complete load of old Tosh!

Couldn't care less who won what personally...never saw the Hurt Locker...probs never will either

Couldn't care less who won what personally...never saw the Hurt Locker...probs never will either

I strongly recommend you to. I think that, as war film, it could be even better than Saving Private Ryan, althought might not have the same pop impact.

Compared to Avatar, I enjoyed Avatar, but this isn´t worth an Oscar beside something like the Hurt Locker. This film is on this kind of war films wich are to the standard war films like what the "psicological terror" was to the terror movies. I mean, films like Saving Private Ryan, Waltz with Bashir, as opposed to Pearl Harbor, Black Hawk Down or the last Rambo film. I come to enjoy more the anti-war films than the "all-glorious" ones, those which don´t seem to have an ending, nor a morale.

About Inglorious Basterds, it something totally different. Not worth so much attention indeed.

The Hurt Locker was good, but I don't think it was Oscar winning amazing, or as good as Saving Private Ryan or anything HBO's done (Band of Brothers, Generation Kill).

It was way too predictable. It was all too easy to know what would blow up, who would get shot, etc.

Dances with smurfs :rofl: and Tarantino is too far out of the mainstream for them to ever give such an award to. Surprising a war film got it, normally the best picture always goes to the sleep inducing emotionally heavy drama that leaves you ready to commit suicide after watching it.

Sorry - didnt realise it was the time of year that the overpaid muppets get to pat themselves on the back for making some more mediocre films.

Who got the award for most convincing tears - it wasnt the table leg again was it? :grin:

I was afraid they'd heap a bunch of oscars to Precious.

As for Avatar it's basically Dances with Wolves in space.

I was afraid they'd heap a bunch of oscars to Precious.

As for Avatar it's basically Dances with Wolves in space.

With blue people, thus Dances with Smurfs.

With blue people, thus Dances with Smurfs.

Or the blue man group from Vegas.... hey, that might explain the shiny special effects...

Well, at least Ben Stiller presented the Oscar for Best Makeup in an Avatar outfit and fake interpretation, although Avatar wasn't even nominated for that category... :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFcJNLDCXxI

For me the best Oscar of the evening went to Christoph Waltz, he totally deserved it and was still in character in his speech...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGbxsvQ6grQ

Also kudos for Sandra Bullock, nice of her to have picked up a Razzie and an Oscar in the same year! :good:

Congratulations to Sandra Bullock. Winning an Oscar and a Razzie for the same role is quite a feat... :wink:

She's been the first actress (and I think the first person) to win Razzie and Oscar the same year, but I think she got them for different movies.

She's been the first actress (and I think the first person) to win Razzie and Oscar the same year, but I think she got them for different movies.

Negative. That was Halle Berry for Gothika and Catwoman, IIRC

Sandra Bullock didn't pick up the Oscar and the Razzie for the same role either. The Oscar was for her role in "The Blind Side" whereas the Razzie was for her role in "All About Steve"...

The Technology of Avatar was to new.. even though there where real actors behind the CGC's no one realy knew what to make of it..thus...a low budget flick that did not even come close to the shadow of the success of Avatar took all the top honors...Oh yeah...one oscar went to the Itai for Avatars Art ;)