Six Day War:

Taking of for a trip to Kairo.

CAP mission over Germany in '79post-16532-031248900 1276190665.jpgPolish MiG's enroute to spoil my morning sunrisepost-16532-053648300 1276190866.jpg

Hohenkirchen Nike Base:

img00170.JPG

in regards to the book i am reading:Black Aces High by Robert K. Wilcox.post-16532-047520300 1276383964.jpgpost-16532-040946000 1276384045.jpgpost-16532-021541000 1276384110.jpg

Farewell Mighty Tomcat, i will keep you alive in this sim as your life was cut way too short.

furthermore, a tribute to Lt. Bill "Dewar" Dye whom tragically died in an F-14 crash following the squads return from a mission over Kosovo.Betcha i know who God's RIO is.....RIP :salute:

revamped for SF2, both skins (only 830 Suez shown here) ... just need to check with my KAW teammates (expecailly Dels) on an early release of the Skyraider cockpit.

wrench

kevin stein

Hey XRay, are you planning on doing any normalmaps for the Blackbird? The real thing has some interesting deformations on panels as well as the distinctive ribbing which would really stand out if you ramp up the specular a bit.

Hey XRay, are you planning on doing any normalmaps for the Blackbird? The real thing has some interesting deformations on panels as well as the distinctive ribbing which would really stand out if you ramp up the specular a bit.

Well ,the model is very high on Polys,and it's not mine as you know,is derived from an Alphasim freeware model for FS-2004 so it's normal encounter a high numbers of them.

The skin is an extrapolation of Torno's experimental skin made copying and pasting a 3View drawing.

The surface of the model isn't planar,and a very detailed skin by now will distort most of the panels,this skin is a good compromise i think,but anyway when i release the whole pack,feel free to improve it!

Missile incoming! (or whatever Red Guys say...)

(Same fight, few seconds later) Bad odds...

Just a Dragon...

Edited by DaniloE31

Close.....

img00005.JPG

img00006.JPG

img00017.JPG

JASDFMETEORF801.jpg

Gloster Meteor F.8's - 501st Hikotai, Japan Air Self-Defense Force, 1954

Well ,the model is very high on Polys,and it's not mine as you know,is derived from an Alphasim freeware model for FS-2004 so it's normal encounter a high numbers of them.

The skin is an extrapolation of Torno's experimental skin made copying and pasting a 3View drawing.

The surface of the model isn't planar,and a very detailed skin by now will distort most of the panels,this skin is a good compromise i think,but anyway when i release the whole pack,feel free to improve it!

Dude, I'm talking about exporting it with normalmaps to bring some added surface detail, not remodelling anything.

Close.....

Are the drop tanks part of the model?

Edited by Gocad

Are the drop tanks part of the model?

No, they were done back when separate models were required. We do have both grey and white tanks in the pack though, and the the aircraft versions are roughly divided at point when the color schemes changed:

F-14A (1974-1981)

F-14A_82 (1982-2005)

F-14B (1988-1995)

F-14B_96 (1996-2006)

The later model F-14A has the TCS, while the later model F-14B adds the full precision strike capability with LANTIRN and LGBs.

Very soon now.

Can't wait to drag the cat into my paintshop.... :grin:

Cats.....

Cats....

CATS......

C-A-T-S....

Aaaaaarrrrrggghh, stop teasing. longest two weeks ever!!!!!!

JASDFVAMPIREFB501.jpg

JASDFVAMPIREFB503.jpg

De Havilland Vampire F.5 - 302nd Hikotai, Japan Air Self-Defense Force, 1954

Why, hello there Mr. Bear!

wrench

kevin stein

Why, hello there Mr. Bear!

wrench

kevin stein

Why did "Red Storm Rising" pop up in my mind?