Sorry Sony you can't have my copy!

But there are some going cheap on ebay

http://books.shop.ebay.co.uk/Fiction-/171228/i.html?_nkw=the+warbirds&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

@Wrench: Kevin, I always imagined that the Phantoms wore the grey (Egypt 1, Hill grey?) skin like on the book cover.

Thewarbirds.jpg

Would that be the right scheme for a late '80s setting?

RAFCUBC104.jpg

Handley-Page Helena C.3 - No.32 Squadron, Royal Air Force, 1990.

allen: My paperback is the REEEELLLLLY old one, with the embosed Phantom. My hardback has just the title words. I don't recall if they never really said. Somewhere I do remember it mentioning camo -- can't remember if it was while at RAF Stonewood, or Rat A$$; although the 3-tone would be fairly good fit for the Gulf. Wouldn't be too difficult to redo in Gray. (which would match the Weasels when CJ Conlin shows up)

Opinions needed ... given the time frame of late 80/early 90s ... maybe gray WOULD be better.

Speaking of RAF Stonewood...fixed the decal issue. Dopey me has the right and left decals switched, so left is right and right is left and "Wrong Is Right" (if it dosen't happen on TV, it dosen't happen"

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Carrier practise , testing the new landing gear it still needs some adjustment :grin:

F-14B and F-15C meet up on patrol. Something is going to be going down in flames in very short order against a setup like this...

img00086.jpg

Wichita 105 showing off a compliment of AIM-54, AIM-7 and AIM-9 over SEA in early 1975.

img00064-1.jpg

EDIT: From zee NFWS 1v1 scenarios I've been randomly making - "You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?" (actually I have to admit, it took me a while to gun that Bug...)

img00095.jpg

img00096.jpg

Edited by Caesar

allen: My paperback is the REEEELLLLLY old one, with the embosed Phantom. My hardback has just the title words. I don't recall if they never really said. Somewhere I do remember it mentioning camo -- can't remember if it was while at RAF Stonewood, or Rat A$$; although the 3-tone would be fairly good fit for the Gulf. Wouldn't be too difficult to redo in Gray. (which would match the Weasels when CJ Conlin shows up)

Opinions needed ... given the time frame of late 80/early 90s ... maybe gray WOULD be better.

wrench

kevin stein

yes sir i have that copy of it as well the ole silver C or D model flyin by. gotta dig it out of hiding, could swear something was mentioned in the book about SW being Shaw's tailcode but he was usin it for Stonewood. also believe it was in gray cause in the next book Jack Locke is transitioning to MudHens and he gets a ride in 512 since he got the kills she wears. they talk about the immaculate grey paint job maintained by the guard crewchiefs. but my copy is still packed so im goin offa memory from 3-4 years ago when i last read it. at least Euro 1 tho, mid 80s no one flew SEA with white letters. (oh god i've become a rivet counter!!!!)

Love that Bucc Volker!

Here is some units I did for Diego's AH-1G, with the hope for him to finish it.

img00099.JPG

img00103.JPG

img00106.JPG

img00108.JPG

yes sir i have that copy of it as well the ole silver C or D model flyin by. gotta dig it out of hiding, could swear something was mentioned in the book about SW being Shaw's tailcode but he was usin it for Stonewood. also believe it was in gray cause in the next book Jack Locke is transitioning to MudHens and he gets a ride in 512 since he got the kills she wears. they talk about the immaculate grey paint job maintained by the guard crewchiefs. but my copy is still packed so im goin offa memory from 3-4 years ago when i last read it. at least Euro 1 tho, mid 80s no one flew SEA with white letters. (oh god i've become a rivet counter!!!!)

SW is Shaw AFB's. Also yes for the time frame of the book, they would of been low vis grey. You know there is an AF guy or two here that can help. :lol: Losers..... j/k :lol::rofl:

EDIT: From zee NFWS 1v1 scenarios I've been randomly making - "You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?" (actually I have to admit, it took me a while to gun that Bug...)

I've been pretty much been doing the same though out of these:

F-15C (85)

Su-27

F-22A

F-14

M2000

F-4

Mig-29

The F-15, Su-27, Raptor, and M2000 are the ones you gotta watch out for (the Su-27 tries to always slide back and chop you up. First time it got me but I watch it like a hawk better and the M2000 got a couple hits on me) as they try to go for the energy fight but I've been lucky so far (all on Expert). The only reason it takes so long with the F-14 and F-4 is that they're real easy to "read" and countermaneuver due to their heavier weight and even with testing the EDE engines letting them extend sets them up for a missile shot or a guns kill. The MiG i think I just popped with a 'winder and called it a day.

IDF

img00091.JPG

• Like 1

SW is Shaw AFB's. Also yes for the time frame of the book, they would of been low vis grey. You know there is an AF guy or two here that can help. :lol: Losers..... j/k :lol::rofl:

yes and if you read the whole post i said the author mentioned SW is Shaw but he used it for Stonewood since it was his world in book. he also discussed that there was no RAF Stonewood and several other book-v-r/l discrepencies. if i remember the foreword correctly that is, my copy is still packed away from the last move. sheesh and you AF guys say we Soldiers cant read:lol:

yes and if you read the whole post i said the author mentioned SW is Shaw but he used it for Stonewood since it was his world in book. he also discussed that there was no RAF Stonewood and several other book-v-r/l discrepencies. if i remember the foreword correctly that is, my copy is still packed away from the last move. sheesh and you AF guys say we Soldiers cant read:lol:

I did read your whole post, I was just clarifying because it didnt sound sure that SW = Shaw. I have my copy sitting my shelf. :good::drinks: And not you Army guys CANT read..... :rofl::lol: That is why all PMCS manuals are comic books. :rofl::lol:

:lol: Thanks daddyairplaines got the Chair Farce hounding us. But in any case the same manual is for the Air Force grunts because they gotta take the pre-test to just even use the manual "Man I don't know if I'll pass..."

Nice helo Gunny.

I've been pretty much been doing the same though out of these:

F-15C (85)

Su-27

F-22A

F-14

M2000

F-4

Mig-29

The F-15, Su-27, Raptor, and M2000 are the ones you gotta watch out for (the Su-27 tries to always slide back and chop you up. First time it got me but I watch it like a hawk better and the M2000 got a couple hits on me) as they try to go for the energy fight but I've been lucky so far (all on Expert). The only reason it takes so long with the F-14 and F-4 is that they're real easy to "read" and countermaneuver due to their heavier weight and even with testing the EDE engines letting them extend sets them up for a missile shot or a guns kill. The MiG i think I just popped with a 'winder and called it a day.

I've not had much an issue with the F-15C, but then again, I'm usually flying an F-14B and those two are very evenly matched (works both ways, I'll normally beat an F-14B if I'm in an F-15C, too). The Flanker, Viper and Fulcrum can be a PITA without question. I've found that I can get the better of an F-16 easily enough if I beat him down on energy, but those F/A-18's just keep turning! End up having to keep the energy high and give up angles 'till they make a mistake. In the case of the screenie, the Bug got low, and I pulled a max performance turn to point my nose at him. Luckily we were both low on energy and he tried to run, but I was out-accelerating him. Got in range and zzzip! Haven't tried against the F-22 or Mirage 2000 yet; will have to post when I do!

Yeah both are the same way. I haven't gotten in a Hornet vs Hornet fight yet but when I went up against a Super Bug I got into a turning fight and he won by pure energy (I was just trying to stay aloft) and he came around and shot me down. The M2000 is sneaky and will take the shot when it has the angle on you and in most cases he;s turning inside of you which is how he managed to get his shots in.. I caught him in a mistake and shot him down with a 9X. The Raptor is the same way though you'll never get a lock on (even with the -73 I didn't pick him up, the AWG-9 might have a better chance) Best way is to hit T until you can "see" him and that's how I managed to beat him and a lucky shot in the wing, blowing off his ailerons and he tried to fly but he eventually spun too much out of control to stay aloft and the pilot ditched.

331KillerBee,

Great looking helo.

Mirage 2000B around the world

Mirage 2000TH (I don't see squadron patch on the pictures I found, is it correct ?)

Today the IAF Mirages don't carry any sqdn markings. After the 1999 Kargil War, sqdn markings were removed from all aircraft. Earlier they used to sport sqdn markings under the cockpit.

You may use sdqn decals if you wish from this file

http://combatace.com/files/file/10525-sf2-indian-air-force-mirage-2000th-skins-for-amokfloos-mirage-2000d/

post-1698-007032800 1296705013.jpg

Time to head to bed but before the sun sets I'll drop something off.

post-5735-062333500 1296705712.jpg

Semper Fi! :salute:

331KillerBee

Yeah! Looks good Master Guns!

Edited by Dave
Dont reply with the screenshots still in the post. Thanks

Dave, just saw your Huey pics on page 124. IIRC the Huey D were never gunned, but they will be a nice addition for insertion/extraction (maybe using some animation to load/unload the troops?) any chance of a future addition?

I thinks I like the grays better meself!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Ravenclaw, nice set of the Bucaneer ! :good:

Another Beast...

gallery_12323_551_61736.jpg

gallery_12323_551_203618.jpg

And a neat little fighter

gallery_12323_551_123180.jpg