Sign in to follow this  
Baltika

Iceland02 Full-scale Terrain v1.0

Iceland02 Full-scale Terrain v1.0

Iceland 02 Full-Scale Terrain v1.0

by Baltika

Thanks to:-

Gepard for his terrain tutorials, which started this adventure off all those years ago. Also for his new WoE runways which are included here.

JSFAggie for his Highway runway Mod, which has been altered and modded for use as glacier-based FARPs.

Brain32 for sound advice on creating terrain tiles. Cheers mate;-) Your hi-res lava tile has not been used here, but may see the light of day if I ever manage a hi-res set for this little terrain.

Wrench, Dave & all the gang at CA for invaluable advice on how to make things work, garnered over the years and hopefully put to good effect here.

MajorLee, Deuces, Edward and anyone else who made a terrain mod and posted about how to do it. Thanks!

TK for making the whole bag of bolts hang together.

Installation instructions:-

Unzip and drop the "ICELAND02" folder into your Saved GamesThirdwireStrikeFighters2Terrains folder.

If there is no terrains folder in your mod folder, create one and drop the ICELAND02 folder into it.

That's it! Go fly, and fight for the liberation of Iceland.

This terrain has been completed using SF2 June 2010 patch. It is not supported on WoX series or earlier patch levels. But, if you really must try, use the ICELAND02_DATA.INI file included in the "Use_in_WoX" folder for SF1 series. Your mileage may vary.

This terrain features a completely new Iceland map, scaled up to full size and with a completely new tileset. All mission types are flyable for Red and Blue force. It has taken a number of years and several false starts to get to this point. Like gepard said about his Israel terrain, I feel the journey may never be finished, so if you spot any oddities or bugs, drop me a line at CombatAce and I'll try to fix it.

I will post targetisation updates as and when these are completed. For now, kick back, enjoy the Arctic scenery and have a blast.

Slainthe!

Baltika

27 October 2010

• Like 1

Hell f***ing Yes!

I been waiting for this... Can´t wait to tinker a bit with the Nations to my liking :)

Downloading now but posting thanks now. Cheers mate!

why iceland02_data in seperate sf2 folder when its same as one in the terrain folder...u expplained the wox bit?

My guess is in case you use the WoX one, it bones out, and you overwrote the prior one.

As to the map, I only had one run on it before heading in to work this afternoon, but it looked right nice.

Good job, Baltika!

:good:

My guess is in case you use the WoX one, it bones out, and you overwrote the prior one.

Exactly correct. There is a WoX DATA.INI in the WoX folder, and an SF2 DATA.INI in the SF2 folder. Default in the terrain folder is the SF2 DATA.INI, but, if you over-write it and want to go back, just copy out the file from the separate SF2 folder.

Glad you like it Spectre :salute:

Anybody find any "sea mountains" or coastal tsunami, give me a shout and I'll flatten them. Those fjords are reeeaaally tricky, and whilst I haven't flown the entire Icelandic coastline over the last two years, it's starting to feel like it :blink:

Word of warning: for those who insist on not upgrading to SF2 series (like, get with the program, already!!!) if you run this terrain in WoX builds you may get hard lock ups on running CAS or Anti-ship missions. It does that in my various Oct 08 WoX builds. I don't know why, or how to fix it. I think it has something to do with the fact that development of this terrain shifted from my old Win XP WoX rig to my new Win7 SF2 rig. Like I say, I don't know why.

Air to Air missions of all types run fine on WoX installs.

Everything runs like it should on SF2 installs, although check your CatFile pointer in the ICELAND02.INI file as default is set to GermanyCE.

Post your bug reports, hard-luck stories, and griping about how all the towns look the same right here.

But, best advice for this terrain, is stay low, and stay in the cockpit - that way, you won't see so many joins :grin:

Slainthe

Baltika

Great work Baltika! :good:

Custom coast tiles are a beauty and the few villages and towns I came across really fit in nicely.

Edited by pureblue

Works fine so far, though I did a free flight mission (custom) and liked it, and the FARPs themselves are a nice touch too :good:

Thanks all, glad you are enjoying it.

Cheers,

Baltika

But, best advice for this terrain, is stay low, and stay in the cockpit - that way, you won't see so many joins :grin:

Slainthe

Baltika

One has to stay low in order to evade the incredible numbers of SAM'S. The MV Julius Fucik must have been loaded to the brim with missiles & launchers .....:grin: . Flew a couple of very nice missions !!!

Slainthe to you friend !!!!:drinks:

Derk

Great work my friend. Thanks.

Great work my friend. Thanks.

Cheers Dave, much appreciated :drinks:

Edited by Baltika

so, like where is Prof. Lindenbrook & Co????? :dntknw:

wrench

kevin stein

so, like where is Prof. Lindenbrook & Co????? :dntknw:

Working on. . .

Now, how to I get TE to do subterranean caverns - preferably flyble, with giant lizards and lava eruptions???

:rofl::drinks:

wrench

kevin stein

Great terrain mate! My B-52s keep getting ambushed by MiG-29s though :grin: