Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Piecemeal's Airfield Mod Add-On for the SF2E 'Four Seasons' Terrain

Piecemeal's Airfield Mod Add-On for the SF2E 'Four Seasons' Terrain

This mod is something to complement the excellent Four Seasons terrain for SF2E. All airfields on both sides have been extensively facelifted and given a new lease of life by re-populating them with huge amounts of groundobjects that were used in my Desert3 terrain.

Airfields have also been re-catagorised into two different groups; 'Red' and 'Blue'. For example, a NATO 'GERMAN_AIRFIELD4' will now be 'BLUE_AIRFIELD4' and a WarPac 'SOVIET_AIRFIELD_4' will now be RED_AIRFIELD4. The 'Camiones Agrentinos' trucks mod pack have been added as default items so I've included them to this pack also.

The amount of ground objects and buildings on all airfields are on a much bigger scale than before, but I haven't really noticed much of a drop in FPS performance - although that does depend on your system and specs.

----------------------------------

INSTALLATION (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY):

* First, save a copy of your existing 'GermanyCE' terrain (in case for some strange reason you might not be happy with this mod!).

* Secondly, unzip this pack to somewhere and allow the folders within to merge with your Strike Fighters Europe installation.

* If asked to replace files, allow them to be overwritten (you saved a copy of your original terrain, yeah?).

You should be good to go then!

Important Note: If you don't already have these, you should download them from the SF1 downloads section, otherwise they won't show up on any WarPac airfields:

* SAMs & Vehicles Pack by Pasko.

* Soviet Transport Pack by Kesselbrut.

Please be sure to include the enclosed 'Camiones Argentinos' truck models by Banidos Team & Suicidal (the default 'USTruck' models have been totally replaced by these, so downloading these trucks is definitely a MUST or there'll be no trucks on any NATO airfields!!)

CREDITS:

*Factory Target Area, Tactical Control Centre, HeadquartersR1 and Tower H1 by Wingwiner

*Enhanced Top Cloud Layer BMPs and PECCO Crane model by Fubar512

*Radar Facility by Grumpapotamus

*Railway Station by Gepard

*Generic Hangars pack by Stary

*Desert Factories mod by Wrench

*Borrowed Items from Wrench's Libya Terrain :

Round Tents

Barbed Wire

Fences

Camonet

*Borrowed Items From Falklands Mod :

Stanley Tower

Comm Building

*Borrowed Items From Desert Storm Mod :

Satellite and Radio Antennas

Sandbag walls

Ammo boxes

*Borrowed Items From SF2 Range Terrain :

Forklift and ShelterZU by Amokfloo

Firetrucks by Ravenclaw

FloodLight, SmallGenerator, ConcreteBlock and SunShelter by Pureblue

Static Chinook model by Banidos Team

Tools by Polak

Thanks to the creators of all the above mods.

Special thanks to all at CA for the fantastic mods that have been created over the years. And of course a special thanks to TK for creating this unique sim series.

NOTE: If I've forgotten anybody please get in touch so I can give you the credit you deserve!

Have fun;

Piecemeal

30th Dec2010

• Like 2

Excellent Adon Amigo.

Very useful.

Thanks !!!!

Saludos

Marcos

Glad you like it guys. Actually, for those that may have spotted it, I've noticed some missing runway tile BMPs in some of the 'Blue' airfields. I'm on it now and I'll attach the tiles here ASAP. :salute:

You think this would work with NF4+?

Looks nice! :good:

Pureblue, will it cooperate with your Airbases for Germany CE, or will it give trouble?

I think they could complement each other. But you'd need to compare/merge the terrain_types.ini and _targets.ini. And pick and choose which airfield layouts you want on your map.

So not of the box compatible.

Edited by pureblue

The Chinook needs a start date, as it showed up in my 1957 mission.

woohoo another A+ job! off to install :drinks:

The Chinook needs a start date, as it showed up in my 1957 mission.

Got it. :salute:

I'll edit the _DATA.ini file and throw it in with the runways fix

Did a quick hop in my modded Range terrain and it looks nice...

Great work Piecemeal! good.gif

For the lazy and the newbies, or any combination of both, here are the direct links to the downalod pages of the must have mods.

Cheers

Edited by FrankD

Did a test on my "old" SF2:E install as a test, it looked wunnerful!

Carefully applied to my latest, greatest Exp2 and gave it a quick peek before heading in for my night shift.

This is what the airfields should look like!

Many thanks, sir.

You have a Happy New Year, eh?

:good:

Thank you, Piecemeal! Incredible!

And thanks,FrankD, for the link.

Since the objects are for SFP1, can they simply be dropped into SFP2 and will show up?

Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Great work Piecemeal! good.gif

For the lazy and the newbies, or any combination of both, here are the direct links to the downalod pages of the must have mods.

Cheers

Hi all. Further to my earlier mentioned concerns about mismatching tiles and other members mentioning the static Chinook being on display in the 50s; here's SOME fixes:

Four_Seasons_Airfields_QuickFix.rar

Now, to go into more detail; the missing tiles in the smaller 'Blue' airfields are contained in the above fix files. However in the bigger 'Blue' airfields there seem to be a lot of mis-matching tiles, which to me take away from the quality of the finished product (see the images below):

post-29988-065536000 1293755590.jpgpost-29988-030984200 1293755602.jpg

I've already checked the downloads section and there don't seem to be any matching hi-res tiles for this terrain, unless someone's created another set of tiles that I haven't heard of. So What I decided to do on my own system at least is delete the high res RUNWAY TILES ONLY. There's actually no need to delete the HAMMERHEAD or TAXIWAY tiles as they're working fine. For the moment I'm using the stock runway tiles until there's a SF2 series compatible set available.

On the subject of the static Chinook I've added a 'StartDefaultDate' prompt date of 1965 where applicable. That's the year that they first went into service according to Mr Wiki.

I also enclosed a revised _TYPES.ini file to reflect a slight change I made to the Scud Launcher entry. I'd forgotten earlier that not everybody's using a third party Scud Launcher model :dntknw:

Anyway, apologies if necessary for these slight oversights and I hope this clears a few small issues up.

Edited by Piecemeal

Anybody else suffering from this type of thing ?

post-841-080471300 1293982262.jpg

Is it specific to one airport Sundowner?

The one I flown over (not that I would not have love to take off myself but I patched my game, you know) and these I delivered bombs on had not fired their landscape gardener team.

Edited by FrankD

I have a few like that,iirc that one is Wildenrath.... :sad:

I'm getting it at various airbases too.

Just checked, Wildenrath is clear of trees here.

My game is Combo pack + the two Expansions, patched to December-C. Over that, I have up to date NF4+++, then the Piecemeal's Mod and the Quickfix.

I'm on XP Pro SP3, ATi HD4850 and everything maxed out (except shadows and reflections).

hmmm, might try a clean install... :dntknw:

Hi guys.

I don't mean to sound like I'm 'passing the buck', but I've had these problems long before I modded the airfields. Like yourselves, I've had this problem on various airfields and the only thing I could do was go into freelook (Ctrl+F12) and calculate how far the airfield had to be moved. Peenemunde was a good example, where I had to move the airfield around a bit to get the trees out of the way. I've come across a few like that but I guess the only thing you can do is to reposition them as you encounter them, either that or using the mission editor to start single missions from every airfield - Blue and Red - individually. I suppose that can be achieved if you've got a LOT of time on your hands :heat:

EDIT: Just checked out Wildenrath and it looks fine here

post-29988-060387600 1293996679.jpg

This is just a shot in the dark, but are you using the stock tiles?

Edited by Piecemeal

shoot, I can't even get it to work.... loading bar gets to 100%, then freeezes. Have to use the task manager to end the game. Never had that issue before!!

the tree issues in the TODs for that tile; if you can figure out WHICH tile it is, you can rename the corressponding TOD, and the trees will disappear (ie: xGermanyCE*nameoftile*.TOD)

DIdn't Stary post a fix for some of the TODs sometime back??

wrench

kevin stein