Dave

What If Screenshot Thread.......

What if Israel would not have canceled the Lavi and sold this technology to China?

Maybe the Lavi would looks like these:

post-3395-0-74947400-1411156287_thumb.jpg

post-3395-0-25756200-1411156299_thumb.jpg

post-3395-0-92485700-1411156315_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Always liked the LAvi, a real shame they cancelled it. And in fact I like the J-10 too.

At the end of WWII the RNZAF was about to re-equip its Pacific F-4U Corsair Squadrons with P-51D Mustangs for the rest of the campaign against Japan. The end of the war meant they never saw RNZAF service until a few years later in New Zealand’s Territorial (Reserve) Air Force. Here is what one may have looked like in RNZAF Pacific service with No.15 Squadron:

post-59028-0-69105100-1411239135_thumb.jpg

And another RNZAF WWII Pacific ‘what if:’ What if we received land lease Hellcats instead of Corsairs? 

post-59028-0-10356200-1411239139_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Somewhere is in for a bad day......

post-841-0-88770000-1411670040_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Avro Vulcan BGR.5 Operation Ellamy 2011...

post-59028-0-93981800-1411729260_thumb.jpg

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 6

USAF A-33A - Air Attack Artillery

AT-33A-3.jpg

AT-33A-1.jpg

AT-33A-2.jpg

(Finally found a viable combat use for this plane.)

• Like 4

seriously, everyone knows the Buzz Numbers for all the Shooting Star series are FT -- plenty of decals for that

cool!. plz release when can.

Will do mate

post-59028-0-28344400-1411774122_thumb.jpg

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 2

seriously, everyone knows the Buzz Numbers for all the Shooting Star series are FT -- plenty of decals for that

Wrench,

seriously?

Excellent final shot Geary!

Spinners,

Thanks.

FJ-3B Fury

FJ-3B-5.jpg

• Like 2

I gotta call "bullpup" on that Fury!!! :biggrin:  Wish we could have finished it with the folding wings. Ah, well ...such is life!!

re: the FT BuzzNums, who do you think made them all???!!! LOL!!!

Wish we could have finished it with the folding wings. Ah, well ...such is life!!

still got max file...kev u wanna try doing it ..?...lol ...

soon as ive time m8 I will do the wing fold

I gotta call "bullpup" on that Fury!!! :biggrin:  Wish we could have finished it with the folding wings. Ah, well ...such is life!!

Yeah .... The FJ-4B Fury carried the bullpup.  But, as we don't have an FJ-4 Fury, I made a 'B' version from the FJ-3M.  Hence, the bullpup.  I really like that missile.

Dhimari Desert Hawks

Something I've been toying with for a while, but maybe Paulopanz will do a better job (hint, hint....)

My premise is that Dhimar is a former British colony/protectorate (a bit like Saudi and the Gulf states) and has historically used British equipment.

An oil rich country, Dhimar has plenty of money but no real need for advanced fighters, especially when Paran is primarily operating MiG 17s and  MiG 21s.

So, for over 35 years, from the time that the last Hunters were retired in 1981 until the arrival of the first Eurofighter Typhoons in 2017 (purchased to counter a Parani acquisition of Russian built Su-35s) the Dhimari air force operated essentially a single type of fast jet.

After qualifying on the Hawk T1 a Dhimari pilot could expect to be posted to one of the Hawk 65 squadrons, which operated in both air to air and air to ground roles.

img00002_zps246e75b0.jpg

img00001_zps4f45957d.jpg

As the Parani threat evolved and they purchased later model MiG 21s and then MiG 23s so the Dhimari Air Force moved to counter this in 2001 by purchasing Hawk T2s and the operational version, designated Hawk 125, and then in 2005 acquiring the single seat Hawk 205.

The two seaters operated primarily in the attack/strike role while the single seaters took the air to air taskings, although both could, and did, swap as needed.

Hopefully more pics to follow when I can sort out a screenshot issue (which I think is linked to memory on my ancient computer!).

• Like 1

Dhimari Air Force Academy Hawk T1

img00012_zps355fcd6c.jpg

Some Hawk 65s were assigned to air defence squadrons and were painted in in air superiority gray

img00011_zps5c714766.jpg

That didn't mean that they weren't used in the ground attack role when the need arose

img00008_zps31a0ac39.jpg

The vast majority of ground strikes, however were carried out by the desert camo'd Hawk 65s

img00009_zpsef8efa41.jpg

Primary armament initially comprised rocket pods and both iron and cluster bombs as well as the almost permanently fitted gunpod.

Later upgrades would give the Hawk 65 PGM capability with 1000lb LGBs. These were initially designated by ground forces but later a number of Pave Spike pods were purchased to allow self- and buddy-designation.

These were a precursor to the much more advanced weapons capabilities that the Hawk 125 and 205 would bring ....

(Note that these aren't my skins and the decals are from Spinners excellent Dhimari decals pack. I've just tried to bring them together in my ham fisted fashion!)

Edited by allenjb42
  • Like 1

Land lease RNZAF No. 14 Squadron F8F Bearcat

post-59028-0-13606200-1412160746_thumb.jpg

My new SA-8, (SA2F variant) or how to have a SA-2F deployable trough mission editor. :D

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 1

It would have been interesting to see someone having attempted something as insane as using a liquid-fueled SAM (like the SA-2) on a mobile launcher (TELAR).  The resulting spate of explosions resulting in spectacular clouds of oxidizer and orange propellant would have been really cool to watch.

Just a quick and nasty job. I copied the nose from a Mirage IIIO onto TK's Mirage 5BA skin to create a RAAF SEA Mirage IIIO. Does anyone know of good Mirage III templates, with the lines (etc) for the doppler radar?

• Like 3