Those would cost more than a few bucks.

Yeah, I know. And I know that they aren't planned either. I was just simply pointing out what it would take for me to spring for some DLC. I'm in no way saying that's what TK should do. He know's what's best for TW.

does he? :spiteful:

I'm sure he does, just stirring the pot I am :tongue:

Flyable stock Skyraider and Intruder together with back of Zippers could do for nice small addon/expansion pack

I would really like the next DLC though to be something totally different.

@ baltika i usually fly in Europe but some Mitsubishi Phantoms might have me come over to Asia for a bit

@ Stary stock FLYABLE Starfighters would be the dream for me after Tomcat.....

Edited by daddyairplanes

yeah right Kevin

If TK's policy is to just tweak the already flyable planes then any of the following would make me put my hand in my pocket:

A-4M

A-4N

F-4E Kurnass 2000

an A-4m would be nice and n too for the officail thirdwire models.

Could he also do the F-4N & F-4S with minimal additional work?

Could he also do the F-4N & F-4S with minimal additional work?

well they are the B and J variants after going thru BEELINE, the S would need slats and ini tweeking for radar and engines. the N i think would be similar to the B_67 except with the ECM fairings on the intakes. the big part i think would be doing the decal work for the units that flew it later in the 70s and 80s. and the Ferris and TPS schemes on the S. shall we Phanatics unite and pester him?

I guess the economics of this thing escapes me as I can't figure out how adding a cockpit to an AI plane would cost significantly more than anything he's done so far, especially as A-6A cockpit did exist for WOV and would just need to be refined a bit.

Right now my guess is these DLC are being done in the expectation that most people will only buy a fraction of them, as at this rate to buy every DLC would be the equivalent of buying an expansion but it will offer less brand new content than an expansion would. Instead it seems to be for mod-averse people that really like the Mirage III or F-4 so are interested in getting another variant, and expectations would be low for many to get all of them.

I guess it's better than just soliciting donations, though, as you are getting something in return for your money instead of just a promise for further development like some places have done...and then folded anyway (you know who you are)!

To use an analogy though, it seems to me like TK started selling people a case of beer for $30, then he added the choice of a 6-pack for $20, and now he's selling it by the can for $5. It's the same good stuff he's had all along, we're just reaching diminishing returns in value.

Actually, the expansions at regular price are $25 for 3 new planes ie Mystere IVA, Meteor F.8, and P-51D Mustang, so that's $8.33/plane or almost exactly what ROF charges. So to charge say $6 for just a cockpit to an existing plane and make it flyable, when the work on the rest is done, seems reasonable. SF2:E gives you 8 planes for $30, though, so it's literally $5/plane there if you exclude the new theater it included which had to cost more to make than any plane.

I'm just one customer, however, so my opinion counts for little in the large scheme. All I can do is hope he releases stuff that interests me at a price I find acceptable and then support in that way.

i think we must not judge these DLC so early

it's just the begening and it's probably a way for him to test the market for the DLC system

but as time goes on he may offer more complex ones (as far as he see the market is worth the effort)

ps: for me i bought five of them (and let the new zealand scooter appart, as i had no interest in it)

Edited by Murphy'S

I'm looking forward to the coding DLCs more than just the jets, though I do like the Aussie Scooter.

What Eric said,

ok, Scooters all the way (hey! I'm a Scooter fanboy!) also Mirage with Matras and FT/RP mix is good addition too. Haven't yet purhased no.4 Hunter, can't think of plausible scenarios in my installs for it though.

My dream: DLC #9 code update: custom true 3D lod-based Tod files, DLC #10 code update: switchable restricted to hud/reflector glass gunsight... dream on...

(c'mon TK, that's not that big deal for you!)

Weeel, I prefer stuff like A2A refuelling code and the like but we'll see.

I only like (till now) the Oman Hunters.

But let´s see what still comes.

I would be happy to see a real Mirage IIIS an early

and an late (with canards & flare/chaffs).

But I think we will see

till then some more F-4 versions, A-4 too and maybe some F-16As.....

Keep in mind DLC can't be integral to the game, like the LOD one Stary mentioned, because it would in effect mean 2 separate games. The nightmare it would make on patching to support both of those would not make it worthwhile.

Things like the HUD are akin to ROF's field mods and should be possible (although I don't know that he would) because if you don't get it the base game stays just fine.

I have been using all the DLC's to fund my Merc Air Force........so far 1st Air Inc......is getting many planes...... (yes after the book)

Bobby Dragon running the show again?? (I thought he was dead!)

=

As for DLCs, I'd like to see the Mirage IIIE (need it for Pakistan)

Well, I bought all DLC's, not just to support TK but also because they are really cool. Sometimes it feels weird that TK brings out what the community already has done in a very bright way - think about the F-105, the Mirage III, The magnificent F-4EJ skins by Sundowner. But then again, it shows how close TK is with the community: we kinda want the same aircraft, the same memories. And I still appreciate the modders' and skinners work.

And I dunno why, but I do feel the game has transformed somehow. It just looks very slick on my widescreen high-end rig, while the basics never really changed, it is a far cry from the 2002 or what was it game I first bought!