Sign in to follow this  

And finally I hope it doesnt break stuff that is working which TK is notorious for...

Luckily for us, he's also notorious for putting it right, giving outstanding customer support and moving the series forward.

Luckily for us, he's also notorious for putting it right, giving outstanding customer support and moving the series forward.

Yep he sure does. Lots of game devs need to take lessons from him. Hands down over the last 10 years no can touch him in those areas.

Ugh, no more posts here for me. Of course the textures are 1024 x 1024.

It's the holidays, please enjoy them.

• Like 2

Totally agrees.. However seen from the customers side of the table. The majority of the things he have changed in all of the patches since the first day of the SF2x era should have been caught during the beta test phases. The last couple of years have been a patching hell.

It will suit his own reputation to deliver a finished game. With an absolute minimum of patches needed to fix one or two minor things which have slipped trough during testing.

Ugh, no more posts here for me. Of course the textures are 1024 x 1024.

It's the holidays, please enjoy them.

and here it is, too much empty turmoil leads to that, after TK bashed so much on simhq that he kept silence until he opened it's own forum.

and now danW who gave us some informations (even if scarces ones) and make some communication get fed up and quit this board

people never learn lessons from the past

thanks guys :mda:

Aww, you scared our source away.

the same thing which happened on simhq with TK years agoo take place now and here with danW

pfff.....

Edited by Murphy'S

Yeah it's easier to just leave than be upfront and communicating, like the Combat-Helo guys.

Yeah it's easier to just leave than be upfront and communicating, like the Combat-Helo guys.

sure be ironic will help :mda:

What would be the point of staying and communicating if you are cornered???

:blink:

I self-censored my Deep Throat comment here

Must be demotivating sometimes for TK and his employees to see how people react on various teasers and the feedback on the patches.

Told you so

Really Dan? Those that have supported you and TK from day one and we aren't allowed to have an opinion. I'm not bashing but I'm giving my two cents. Some communication would be great and I'll shut my mouth. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong. So throw us a bone here. Can you spill the beans on some features?

• Like 2

I really would,nt be too surprised if TK pulled the plug on this thing altogether, it must be far more trouble than its worth to him.

• Like 2

I agree there's a terrible lack of communications lately.

Even one-sided would be good, for example those updates on twitter were a great idea, they didn't have to be on a daily basis but nothing?

I mean just look at the "Inside peek" subforum on TW site - it's total wasteland...

the number of Strike Fighters Users in my House outnumber the Thirdwire Team.. lol... seriously...

I really would,nt be too surprised if TK pulled the plug on this thing altogether, it must be far more trouble than its worth to him.

me too, what a mess....

Let's count the good things we see on the shots.

1. A brand new weapon type - anti-ship missiles. Could boil down to radar-guided AGM.

2. Two brand new plane types - dedicated jammer and a flying radar.

I know, you can mod the same things but will have to "fake" the roles, guidance system or other stats. TK may simplify stuff but I don't remember him using modder workarounds instead of new code. Also, those things can be integrated into existing campaigns.

Anyway, I wanna fly head on through a wave of Mach 3 missiles and live to tell the tale. Stop being bipolar, thread.

• Like 1

So throw us a bone here. Can you spill the beans on some features?

DanW never been so precise (he can't, unless TK decide to do so).

DanW never been so precise (he can't, unless TK decide to do so).

Agrees :good:

and here it is, too much empty turmoil leads to that, after TK bashed so much on simhq that he kept silence until he opened it's own forum.

and now danW who gave us some informations (even if scarces ones) and make some communication get fed up and quit this board

people never learn lessons from the past

thanks guys :mda:

the same thing which happened on simhq with TK years agoo take place now and here with danW

pfff.....

Boo hoo snivel snivel wake up fanbois. " people never learn lessons from the past" Now that is funny it pretty much sums up someone we know in a nutshell - listen to your customers and you will be successful

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Boo hoo snivel snivel wake up fanbois. " people never learn lessons from the past" Now that is funny it pretty much sums up someone we know in a nutshell - listen to your customers and you will be successful

Now since you are such an smartass how come you don't develop the perfect game for us??? You get all the feedback you'll need to develop it from scratch. By reading all threads at this forum... Then you can try to run your business by customer demand and see how far you'll get..

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Depends on who your customers are, TK has said that this is a GAME , I reckon that he knows what he's doing & who his main core of customers are, it just dosent suit everybodies taste....[on here anyway] .

This place is full of armchair developers at the moment.....truth hurts sometimes. :grin:

PS, I'm not a fanboi, just an old customer like many others here.

Edited by Sundowner

Boo hoo snivel snivel wake up fanbois.

ho it's not a matter of being a fanboy (the short way to close a path in a discussion) but just to enjoy communication when given, since we all know that thirdwire is not known to be too communicative, and not make those who give to us running into a more damaging silence.

What would be the point of staying and communicating if you are cornered???

Because if you were clear and concise from the beginning with what the pics are supposed to show and not supposed to show then people won't have kneejerk reactions when they see the promised new sim doesn't have proper reflections or other shiny effects that are industry standard. Common business sense says you want to wow your audience with showing off the shiniest stuff you've got.

But I guess it would make so much more sense business-wise for TK to "pull the plug" because his core fanbase wants bigger bones. Or something. LOL

Fanboi comedy at its finest.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1