Sign in to follow this  

it's clearly not on highest settings, so no sweet canopy shader, but rgr on cubemaps

Why not show off your newest product on the highest settings? Makes no sense.

Do you guys expect new carrier ops (with deck crew), the hability to start quick missions from the carrier (apart from mission editor) and sinkable carrier as targets to attack and defend?

Without the last part, There is little reason to at all make this game.

hmm, dunno Jules, but to me Thirdwire isn't known for the carefully selected most attracting angles action shots to promote new titles; as for the canopy, hmm maybe it's the lightning of scene

im still looking into who this " Dowy Lowe " they tag in all the photo's are.

Dev Money went into building the plane and not into upgrading the GFX Card :p

its wierd, he has a ton of the "No Step" Decals everywhere, a few decals in lil places to make the paint job look high res,

.... but the aircraft itself is prolly using a 512^2 Skin (panel lines are still blurry)

Edited by SkateZilla

"no step" are painted not decals, and the textures are higher res, I estimate 1024 at least, check the daylight photo (download it from FB)

ok, i see now... CA forums scaled it down, and caused the lines to look thicker than they really are.

it feels like the debate & scrutiny frenzy hapening after the first landing of MiG-29s in a Finish airbase back in the 80s grin.gif

it feels like the debate & scrutiny frenzy hapening after the first landing of MiG-29s in a Finish airbase back in the 80s grin.gif

Be sure, tomorrow after next screen it'll be like U-2 flyovers over Cuba back in '62 :rofl:

this has been a fun one to read!!! i'll be with everyone else in the 9/10 lookin at cat files (for Phantom changes and squadronlistin my case). sorry Slarti, you are the 1/10! :grin: . i will get it in 3 weeks after 1. it comes out and 2. i convince my wife to buy it, d/l to a thumbdrive and mail it to me! and Dave, it aint snowin here. sorry, no pony! :rofl:

Edited by daddyairplanes

Guest Pfunk

The aircraft looks good, but there some things that unless changed are going to make this game less than what it ought to be.

1. Sinkable carriers. The bird farms must be destructible.

2. The F-14 avionics must be more than just a reskinned F-15A avionics suite.

3. The terrain needs to look better than something done in 2002.

pfunk

The aircraft looks good, but there some things that unless changed are going to make this game less than what it ought to be.

pfunk

+1 :drinks:

Just a teaser WIP. Results may vary, contact your doctor if aching or swelling occurs or any erection lasting for 4 hours or more. :meeting:

Edited by DanW

With all those DLC you still haven't finished the canopy of the star of the show?

Hey! You edited the technical details out! Not fair!

Edited by Gr.Viper

pfunk

Edited by Dave
Retracted my statement.
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 2

There are some here at CA that will buy it because they want something shiny and new in your hanger. So are you a combat flight simmer where the nuts and bolts of the sim make difference or all you do if like to fly pretty planes and take screen shots? Well if you are the latter, get out of CA and go join AVSIM. Anyone here likes to get asshole deep in SAM's and fly combat in an F-14 in the North Atlantic doing what the F-14 was capable of doing. Then you are the ones who need to speak up and make it known to TK, that releasing a sub standard game will not be acceptable. We have been supporting him some of us for 10 years.......his fan base can sink him like a ship. That is what will happen if Pfunks questions are not answered,

• Like 4

commercial break

<And now available as direct download for your favourite book reader, newest book by the best selling master of action thrillers: "Dave's Ultimatum">

commercial break off

Pfunk is right all the points, and I think we all agree on that, we do like new shiny things in our hangars (that sounds sexist to you too?) but mayority of SF series aficionados here will agree that NA is the most important title in Thirdwire's history to date...

Guys, you're burnt out. Have an ice pack and some beer. :)

we can do shiny planes and place them in our hangers but we can't improve the game

TK if you need some success on this new title then i recommend you to come here and ask for it here at CA!

and please answer when we ask

really tired of pressing ''E'' and then ''ENTER" and thats it mission accomplished

as dave said if those things wont be met then im not buying this sim ... and same here TK me 2 im not buying your new sim if it still the same!

• Like 1

There are some here at CA that will buy it because they want something shiny and new in your hanger. So are you a combat flight simmer where the nuts and bolts of the sim make difference or all you do if like to fly pretty planes and take screen shots? Well if you are the latter, get out of CA and go join AVSIM. Anyone here likes to get asshole deep in SAM's and fly combat in an F-14 in the North Atlantic doing what the F-14 was capable of doing. Then you are the ones who need to speak up and make it known to TK, that releasing a sub standard game will not be acceptable. We have been supporting him some of us for 10 years.......his fan base can sink him like a ship. That is what will happen if Pfunks questions are not answered,

.....is he a user here at CA?

SidDogg

The catch is, someone will have to buy it and break the news. :grin:

I'll sacrifice, please don't ban me :grin:

Right on Dave!!!

And what good is something shiny and new for your hanger if the virtual world you get to fly it in looks like ass? I want the goddamned environment system unlocked! I'm sure that most of us here would pay the cost of one of TK's DLC downloads for a modders pack that unlocks all of the hardcoding he has done in the past year. - If you pork your install it's your fault and you get to re install - we are all big boys right? I think we can handle it if you let us put the game back to the way it used to be... and we will even pay a few bucks for the ability to make the sim look somewhat like the planet we live on.

I bet a lot of you would also gladly pay for patch that simply adds multi core support to any of the older patch levels ( you know.... the ones that worked correctly- Feb 2010 and before-) with no other changes... I'd pay 20 bucks for that in a heartbeat.

Edited by Icarus999

.....is he a user here at CA?

SidDogg

He should be because this site has done more to generate loyal customers than anything in the way of PR he has done himself. The reality is our modders have taken his vanilla game and so greatly improved it that the modded game has picked up a loyal "cult following" . People who buy his stock game and do not mod it quickly grow tired of the game and become one time customers. A couple of of my friends had bought his games and were quite disappointed.. that is until they saw what I had done with my modded installs and began adding mods to their games.

oh the drama!

oh the drama!

This is the sequel to "let's boycott Left 4 Dead 2, because it looks like more of the same" drama