Polovski

* * PHASE 4 PREVIEW MOVIE 1 ! * *

Hi guys,

For a Christmas present for you patient Barmy OFF flyers and new potential OFF owners we have put together some clips from our Work-in-progress from PHASE 4 of OVER FLANDERS FIELDS.

NOTES: This is a PREVIEW of PHASE 4 (Working title) of the next generation of Over Flanders Fields WW1 Flight Simulator -

* * Damage Model and some Effects shown are still using older Phase 3 code for the moment until we update * *

* * Please note this is still WORK -in- PROGRESS * *

Also note many things are not shown but we will when we are ready :)

...and no don't ask when it's out - you know the answer already :)!

Link is on our main page, NEWS section on the top right on the main content page (click the link on there instead will take you to a larger sized window, or of course you can click through on the youtube link and select High Quality etc as normal).

http://www.overflandersfields.com

Enjoy!

Bloody good!

The AI deffinitely seem to zoom around a lot more in the sky - and look a lot better at low altitude!

Loved the Rifle armed observer, early war fun! :grin:

And the new manager looks amazing!

Plus nice to see some Zeps' and Heavy Bombers.

I think the phrase is similar to clucking bell!!!! :drinks:

Looking fabulous guys...just fabulous :drinks:

The new manager is outstanding - but I have to say, I think the best part is the scenery. It looks amazing! yikes.gif

I needn't have bought the Christmas Radio Times ... I'm just going to watch this all Christmas. There are moments when it could be a Vintage Aviator clip.

And a sensible looking map!

Thanks! :good:

Damn, did you "cigar smokers" see what I saw?

Hey, the planes, the cockpits, the alley ways neatly northern European - I must see it again! (Whoosh!)

Salute

depressing...now I dont want to continue with P3 campaigns.

When the heck is this coming out??!!!!

Wow.

I couldn't catch the last minute of it (wifey doing some serious dwonloading at the time), but the rest of it is simply astonishing.

The music is absolutely fabulous - hats off to Matt. I don't know where he derives his inspiration, but it's the best musical score I've heard in a long time, and absolutely evocative, being both lyrical and edgy at the same time. That's quite an achievement. Matt, if you're reading this: are you a player of the game, or simply mates with the OBD mob? I do hope it's the former.

Have to agree about the new maps and manager, as they are a head and shoulders above the P3 versions. Somebody's clearly been putting in a lot of time and energy on this. And I have to agree with Wayfarer; some of it looks just like Vintage Aviator footage. I'm not sure there can be greater praise than that.

It's a tour de force. You bastards. You've just made my Christmas unimaginably hard.

Cheers,

Si

Wow. Just... wow. :drinks:

The new map in the manager looks great. I'd say it's one of the most important improvements from P3, good maps being absolutely crucial to aviation.

Don't release P4 until I can get my new PC next year! :grin:

I've downloaded the HD video and watching it over and over again... :ok:

The environment looks strikingly amazing as well as the new OFF Manager screens!

:drinks:

Gee, I have just "studied" the new OFF Campaign Manager, and it tops my highest expectations!

Great documents and maps - and it has such a dignified look.

Can one say that? - you know what I mean, guys - this beautifully designed Campaign Manager

makes one feel 94 years back in time - and it pays respect to all the WW1 flyers wonderfully.

Superb!!!

Edited by Olham

Yes, the medals are fine!! Matt definitely has the right feeling for music for this work!

I hope you guys will also keep the P3 main theme in the mix? I'd miss it.

I was under the impression the Devs were working on upgrading a WW1 flight sim. Instead, they have gone and built a Time Machine. Simply incredible.

The Manager and everything in it looks fabulous. Especially the medals and maps but also the logbook approach for presentation.

The scenery is amazing, complete with fences, farm animals and beautifully detailed and placed trees. What can I say about the airfields but "magnificient!"

The music is spot on for capturing the feel of the moment. I can't wait to hear all of the tracks.

Flights of Gotha bombers! The highly detailed cockpits and pilots faces! Too many things to comprehend in terms of additions and improvements.

But out of all of it, I must say the thing that caught my attention most was how beautiful the flying skills of the DR 1 pilot was even when so close to the ground. Just jaw droppingly beautiful gentleman. That alone will be worth the price of admission.

Thank you for sharing that. I cannot wait for it's release.

Hellshade

Quite a feast. Thanks to Pol for putting that vid together. So much great new stuff I saw in there, but the blurb about the AI (they will scan the sky, think, and decide) really got my attention. It's all super impressive.

And proper smoke and flames!!!....not that boring puff of white fluff!!!

Pheewww .. !!

the scenery bombing the aerodromes .. and the two seaters .. Gothas (G.IV ?!) .. and .. Zeppelins ?!

Nah i won't list all i saw, this would be 3 pages at least.

Thanks very much for posting, only problem now is waiting for it !

Greetings,

Wels/Catfish

This video should have come with a warning to fit a plastic cover over the keyboard before watching... mine is now awash with drool! Seriously, while I didn't go quite that far my wife did point out I was watching it with my mouth hanging open!

I'm speechless... there's just so much more... so much better. I knew the new map was coming, but it's better than I'd seen, I knew the new medals and documents were coming, but again they're beyond what I saw.

And the music... can we have the choice to order a 'deluxe' boxed version with an audio cd included, please?

That's one of the weaker tracks of the score. when you hear the whole score, bear in mind it was written, produced and recorded in 6 days.

That's one of the weaker tracks of the score. when you hear the whole score, bear in mind it was written, produced and recorded in 6 days.

And on the 7th Day, He Rested. :grin:

Hellshade

Absolutely Terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the release.

Regards,

Royce

Wow guys - WOW! :drinks:

That was simply fantastic! The musical score is fantastic and fits just right. The AI seemed to perfom really well, especially when down low to the ground. The Gothas look amazing and the details of the terrain are great! The OFF manger looks superb and it really takes you back in time.

I've been following the updates all along but this really gave us a nice look of what to expect and I must say it exceeds my expectations which are very high to begin with. Nice work men! :salute: