Dave

Here is the Deal. We Need Money...Bad!

Just send 10$ via Paypal.

Well, i've never noticed the donate button before until someone here told us where to find it.

Maybe you should place it at a different more prominent location.

• Like 1

Here's my pittance!

$6.95 is a bargain, and all I have to spare at the moment.

Just reupped. I will hit you again as soon as I can. Long live CA!

Thank you all very very much!

Had a few extra bucks so I bought a prime membership. I know it's not much but I hope it helps! Thanks for everything from everybody here!

Sorry for not being able to pay more than what I did guys, but I'm not even sure If I will keep my job next month. So my little contribution is yours.

It's not much but I slung a few quid in the jar recently, CA is the dog's bollocks for flight simming, let's all keep it that way.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but let's face it:

this discussion is going on since three days and barely 20 people really paid attention and attended the discussion. This is the status of interest in CA... sorry to say (and to see!!!) that. :mellow:

This business is changing, TW is changing... and I really would hate to see you and Erik to get into debt for something it will never be what it once was...

I hope nobody feels offended by my statement...

Danilo

I am not sure you understand the problem entirely. There appears to be PLENTY of interest in SF downloads but folks don't necessarily see the need for a CA membership. I don't know if you can limit bandwidth for non-members. I think that might help. I also like the idea of a three-month subscription.

I don't know if you can limit bandwidth for non-members.

i dont see why not. or rather not the bandwidth but numbers of DLs. when i first got here before i started shooting my mouth off in the forums, i only could download something like 3 a day, then 6 a day when i wasnt a brand new member. each status has (or had ) a daily limit. if they are gone, bring em back i say.  you only get 3-4 a day free? well ok then sunshine you gets what you pay for. yes it makes us somewhat like that OTHER site, but i dont think we will get so picky on who is allowed to join. only who gets unfettered access.

btw, Eriks announcement of one user getting 1261 dl's at 131GB of files still irritates me. big part of why i have spouted about limits.  4 a day limits a free user to 120 or 124 a month depending on the month. unless all files gotten at that rate are major campaigns, you won't reach 131GB. Erik can figure out the rest of the math on how that would apply to this as he knows the variables better.  i assume (Wrench's favorite word) the above case was the worst case scenario and not an average

I am not sure you understand the problem entirely. There appears to be PLENTY of interest in SF downloads but folks don't necessarily see the need for a CA membership.

I'd rather say, you did not understand my point :smile:

To run successful CA you don't need a million kids trying to download their games for free... you need some adult costumers willing to spend some money for their beloved game.

But since TW isn't selling anything new for ages, this kind of customers is vanishing, as they are now buying something else :dunno:

That's all I wanted to say.

Edited by DaniloE31

I'd rather say, you did not understand my point :smile:

To run successful CA you don't need a million kids trying to download their games for free... you need some adult costumers willing to spend some money for their beloved game.

But since TW isn't selling anything new for ages, this kind of customers is vanishing, as they are now buying something else :dunno:

That's all I wanted to say.

well community based dev isn't new, like falcon, il2, jane's, eech, BOB2, clod, cfs3... they for sure don't enjoy the hype or stability backed by commerical funds but ppl are still willing to shell out some money for them, be it server bandwidth or forum costs.

Much appreciated fellas thank you. 

just paid. wheres the link for my 6 months of free internet pron? :biggrin:

• Like 2

There are quite a few things on here that if the modders would get together and agree to a profit-sharing system, they would easily be worth paying for.

I'm thinking of things like NF5, OpDarius, ODS, etc.  Each one of those is a title unto itself.

I know no one wants to go to a paid subscription site, but the fact of the matter is that may be the only way to keep it going.  And you could do so on tiered basis.  You pay a smaller amount, you get X number of MB of download rights, you pay for a higher tier, you get more.  You could make it month to month, no contracts.

Free membership still gets full access to forums, etc.  But anyone hosting stuff here would do so with the understanding that this is a business, they're not going to do this for free.

• Like 1

I would hate to go to a subscription only site. It would be the opposite of everything we wanted CA to stand for. If 20% of the non paying members actually took the time to give something to the site we would be good for a long long time. 

Very gladly updated to Premier membership 5 months ago, and will try to make a donation in a few weeks.

Regards.

• Like 1

"His Majesty, The Heavenly Sovereign, and the General Staff of the Army, have ordered the full support of Combat Ace. The Imperial Navy will also follow suit."

• Like 2

Nice touch Kevin!

Brother, that sign is on just about EVERY airfield, on every terrain mod I do. Has been for the last 6  or 7 years!!