Wrench

The Corona Virus Thread

9 hours ago, Nesher said:

... this one is on the Chinese (with all due respect)

The problem with this statement is that it's only supposition and speculation without proof. We know the Chinese were studying Coronaviruses that are commonly found in bats from around the globe. Coronaviruses have been around for decades and many countries' scientists have and are studying them, it's nothing new. Being childish and name calling isn't going to get us any closer to solutions. The viruses current exist in the wild, it was and is only a matter of time. Politicizing the issue either locally or in the WHO isn't going to do anything either. What we needed to do was act like adults and disclose what we knew and then all work together to come up with a solution. What we got was individualized countries each doing their own thing and not having a clue what to do. Meet Dr. Corbett who was instrumental in developing the Covid Vaccine then contrast that with "bleach and UV light into the body".   

Corbett.jpg   corbett_coronavirus.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck & quacks like a duck.. do I still need a proof it's a duck? does it identifies otherwise?

All this sh*t started in Wuhan, yes.. a lot of places tried to learn the corona-virus, none of them infected humans, so this is all the proof I need, unless you have some better explanation?

• Like 2

I just got back from receiving my second dose of the Moderna vaccine.

• Like 5

Getting stabbed with the pfizer vaccine on Thursday morning.

• Like 2

Well that went smoothly. Drove up, signed my name, got stabbed, waited a few minutes and was free to go. My company has a pretty slick plan for the people who get the vaccine, so it’s looking like I’ll have a nice three day weekend. 

• Like 5

I have had a low fever yesterday and today as a result of my second vaccine dose. However I just took my temp again and I seems to be back to normal now.

I got both shots already. The second shot i didn't feel good but after a day I was fine. That was the Pfizer vaccine

• Like 2

17 hours ago, KJakker said:

I have had a low fever yesterday and today as a result of my second vaccine dose. However I just took my temp again and I seems to be back to normal now.

I've heard people reporting this but it's my understanding that in order to teach your immune system how to protect your body from the Cornavirus they first have to jump start your immune system. That jump start is the feeling of being sick the day after that's being reported. Now oddly every year I get a flu shot and I get the day after sickness and it's gone by day 2. With the vaccine I didn't even have as much as a sore arm. Our numbers in the US have dropped dramatically which is a great start. Tell your friends, family, and anyone who will listen, if we want to get back to no mask normal everyone should be vaccinated. It's hard to believe there's so much hesitancy and misinformation out there. Glad you're all vaccinated.

• Like 4

@Erik Thanks for typing that up. Last night I was still too exhausted to explain the whole messenger RNA, spike protein production and immune system response.

Had my second jab on Saturday (Oxford Astrazeneca), just like the first one, zero side effects, and I feel perfectly fine... :drinks:

• Like 2

Well, I got it. Had my two shots of Astra Zeneca, but looks like I became part of Delta!! Well, the good thing is it has been quite minor, I'm just tossing biohazardous boogers and staying at my room, playing Total War, Mass Effect and Strike Fighters all day. 

• Like 1

Here in Los Angeles, the Delta is surging. cases are climbing, albeit slowly, mostly unvaxed are suffering.

So? Are the Chinese at fault?

BTW, it seems the somewhere in the near future we're going to get a 3rd stab... yay (not really 🙄)

28 minutes ago, Nesher said:

So? Are the Chinese at fault?

BTW, it seems the somewhere in the near future we're going to get a 3rd stab... yay (not really 🙄)

NO.

At some point this illogical & persistent myth is going to HAVE to be put to rest, as there is no scientific data anywhere that shows this virus was a deliberately created pathogen, a laboratory construct, or a purposely manipulated virus. If there were, it would be front page news worldwide, and not consigned to conspiracy web postings run by youtube educated research scientists looking to spread fear and confusion. I suppose that for whatever illogical reason, it's how they get their jollies. I can understand the fear the virus engenders....but NOT the hell-bent rush to blame any country that is suffering from the same virus that we all are dealing with just because they are the "Boogeyman Of The Month".

If it takes a 3rd shot, get the shot, encourage everyone you can to get the shot, move on, and let the scientific & medical professionals continue to work at it.

• Like 4

Well said

The tragic irony is that variants of the virus were all born in countries which did not take the situation seriously at the beginning or even forever, England, South Africa, Brazil and lastly India, where they were using omeopathy against the virus, now they've got themselves a tragedy. If this was the Chinese's fault, the rest of the world would be in a better shape by now. Instead no, short-sighted politics brought the West to its knees. We all have a responsibility towards one another.

Be safe out there, people. Even two shots of vaccines provide less protection against the Delta variant, especially for elders. Vaccines do not stop transmission in any case; common sense, masks and distancing should be continued or this nightmare will never end in years (and I'm currently pessimistic).

Edited by Menrva

Regarding variants and stuff, I just got sent back to isolation because i still was contagious. The docs seemed nervous, vaccinated people are getting the new variants, and while they don't get symptons, they can still carry it. I had Delta, and having been vaccinated with AZ (reportedly the least effective against this variant in particular) I didn't even know until tested. So if i were any of you, try to get any vaccine as soon as you can. 

• Thanks 1

Variants occur where there are enough infectable people to culture the new strain. Our only hope is to reduce the number of non-vaccinated hosts as rapidly as possible.   https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

reduce the number of non-vaccinated hosts as rapidly as possible. 

through vaccinations, or "by any other means necessary" (ala Thanos)

---

along with this, the Delta variant is spreading rather quickly in the southern california. and miracle of miracle, my wife FINALLY chose to get vacced. had here first dose last week. she's been in the hospital for the last couple of weeks, due to having damaged her left big toe some months ago, and having poor circulation due to uncontrolled diabetes, it went gangrenous and had to be amputated. Plus, my mother passing last monday ... things have been pretty fucked up.

Mac, keep safe!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Wrench said:

through vaccinations, or "by any other means necessary" (ala Thanos)

---

along with this, the Delta variant is spreading rather quickly in the southern california. and miracle of miracle, my wife FINALLY chose to get vacced. had here first dose last week. she's been in the hospital for the last couple of weeks, due to having damaged her left big toe some months ago, and having poor circulation due to uncontrolled diabetes, it went gangrenous and had to be amputated. Plus, my mother passing last monday ... things have been pretty fucked up.

Mac, keep safe!

Sorry to hear that Wrench, good luck. 

• Thanks 1

Just found out that the photographer who took my college graduation pictures and his wife, who were anti-vax and anti-mask, both died today from COVID.

Edited by KJakker

When will all this stuff end? Will it ever end? Well try have a Merry Christmas and a Omicron free New Year. Omicron has made it to NZ. 

Edited by James Fox

If unvaccinated hosts remain the virus will remain and if we don't get our shit together it will become endemic like the flu, which some would argue it already is.

• Like 2