We all know is a budget sim, so bug fixing and mechanics enhancement would be enough.

• Like 1

On 28.8.2023 at 5:35 AM, orsin said:

Well, better ask for a project that is open source and provides compatibility to the huge library of lod files here, than dreaming TW will invest in something that will never reward them. 

I can relate to that: https://combatace.com/forums/topic/93840-strike-fighters-2-meets-flightgear/
I'm still working on and off on this project/experiment: currently working an a script that automatically converts SF2 flight models into the FlighGear (JSBSim) flight models.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What i would like to see:

1. Transport mission.  Simply fly from one to an other airfield. Would be nice for civil mods

2. Paratrooper assault mission:   Fly to one point and drop paratroopers or cargo

3. Ferry mission. Similar to 1.) but with enemy fighters

• Like 4

I have learned from this society that for a merchant there is no bad business, there are only bad approaches (I have even seen stones sold)... maybe TK could transform his problem with modifications into an innovative project to make a simulator that offers modules to make certain improvements or release the code with some kind of royalty for a subscription in a community of its own, why not?

The SF series has that special appeal of the mod that somehow TK could have cashed in instead of reneging because you just don't fly it as released.

Edited by PeacePuma
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PeacePuma said:

I have learned from this society that for a merchant there is no bad business, there are only bad approaches (I have even seen stones sold)... maybe TK could transform his problem with modifications into an innovative project to make a simulator that offers modules to make certain improvements or release the code with some kind of royalty for a subscription in a community of its own, why not?

The SF series has that special appeal of the mod that somehow TK could have cashed in instead of reneging because you just don't fly it as released.

As much as this idea is good, you have to remember that the team gets it's cut, and you gotta figure out how to distribute that money somehow because they deserve a cut of the money. For those who can do it all on their own (create and sell the product) then I can see how that works out, as I've seen with other aircraft sold for this game. But it's not a bad idea per se though, but like DCS it can get up there quick. I mean it's cool that the Strike Eagle is modeled in it, but I always don't have eighty bucks to throw around either.

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

1. Transport mission.  Simply fly from one to an other airfield. Would be nice for civil mods

3. Ferry mission. Similar to 1.) but with enemy fighters

Ha! 

From the very beginning of combat sim games, developers neglected these most important aspects of air war. In modern combat and even hundreds of years ago, you could not win a campaign with a proper supply chain. But NO! For game developers "air war" can only be done by fighter aircraft...crap. Disappointing.

Someone once said - that fighter pilots make movies, the rest is making history. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

after fixing a few of the important bugs I'd like to see the return of FAC  and  to have mixed ground forces. The ability to have AAA or sam vehicles randomly added to ground support targets.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, whiteknight06604 said:

after fixing a few of the important bugs I'd like to see the return of FAC  and  to have mixed ground forces. The ability to have AAA or sam vehicles randomly added to ground support targets.

100% yes ,We can see this in the campaign missions, but not in the dynamically generated SP missions ,it's a pity

• Like 1

To be honest, a new version wouldn't even need to have new planes or objects. It is more than clear that the community would take care of it.
It should only focus on the mechanics, update the engine, migrate to 64-bit...things that would only need code and not 3d modelers and stuff like that.
I don't know if it would cost that much.

• Like 2

I would love to see an update to TK's SF series, but unless the business case stacks up for him I just can't ever see it happening. It's well known that SF2NA didn't perform well for him financially (I think he had alluded to this in old forum posts at his site) and when he tried to crowdfund a Windows 10 update it sadly didn't manage to achieve the required amount (https://fundrazr.com/31YZNe?ref=ab_2fIwazS7Daf2fIwazS7Daf).

As much as I'm not a big fan of mobile games and would love to see continuous development of the SF2 series on PC, I can understand why he made the switch - just like everyone else he's got bills to pay and if he blindly stuck with the PC series with it's small yet mighty dedicated fanbase (basically us lot here) he would unfortunately have gone out of business years ago.

As much as I wish it wasn't the case, I think his radio silence on the SF2 series over the last 10 (ish) years speaks for itself, if he saw a future in it I expect he would probably be a lot more vocal and interactive with the PC fanbase community.

Edited by Jimbib
sPeLl1ng iz h4rD
  • Like 3

STRIKE FIGHTER 3 will earn more money then Mobile STRIKE FIGHTER MODERN COMBAT 

its not an era of arcade air war games , everyone is moving forward to simulators example carrier landing hd , armed air forces , gunship 3  sequal and now gunship 4 series ... 

if not strike fighters 3 for pc then atleast Strike fighters 3 combat simulator for mobile devices should be there ... 

• Haha 1

IF SF3 is scheduled for mobile then I'm not getting it, as I don't play mobile games.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, PJB said:

its not an era of arcade air war games , everyone is moving forward to simulators example carrier landing hd , armed air forces , gunship 3  sequal and now gunship 4 series ... 

if not strike fighters 3 for pc then atleast Strike fighters 3 combat simulator for mobile devices should be there ... 

If that is the case, then where is SF3 and why did TK make SFMC instead? I am willing to guess it wasn't for fun, he has a business to run and that requires revenue and tough decisions to be made.

SF2NA; by far the most advanced in the series, brought a load of new features over the previous SF2 titles and even that still didn't earn him anywhere near enough money to cover the costs of making it and to continue developing PC based sims... hence the move to mobile games.

Here's another challenge for SF3... his last couple of PC sim titles have taught him that the income profile from his PC flight sims simply didn't cover his costs BUT,... let's imagine he did have the funding to develop it, is it really realistic to expect him to punt it all on the hope that it might break even, or would he invest it into something else which is far more likely to generate a steady stream of income? The fact that the recent crowdfunding project reached 16% of the required target showed him that there simply aren't enough people to justify it. If there were, it would have been over subscribed and it would probably be on the digital shelves by now.

Please don't get me wrong in anything I have said above and in my previous post, I would absolutely bloody love for the SF* flight sim series to be revitalised and continue being developed into bigger and better sims (there's a reason we all continue to play and mod it, because it's still a really enjoyable series), but unless circumstances were to drastically change in the near future I just can't see it happening. (I really want to be wrong on this).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PJB said:

what if i told you SFMC was SF3?

l-intro-1640702763.thumb.jpg.d8de3ab355b4d88ffac044fe466176fb.jpg

at least as far as anyone here in this reality will experience it. unless...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jimbib said:

The fact that the recent crowdfunding project reached 16% of the required target showed him that there simply aren't enough people to justify it. If there were, it would have been over subscribed and it would probably be on the digital shelves by now.

It's sad but true.

I always thought crowdfunding was a market research exercise on his part, but the results are clear...

This is a terrible thing for a business man. Even most of us cannot always produce for the love of games. Life always comes first.

The PC version of SF3 is fantastic.

how much SF3 development will cost ?

Who knows how much it'll cost. I mean that's on TK, and not for me to worry about. I mean if he does a Kickstarter or something like that I'd contribute some money, but nobody knows.

mucho lots big amounts.

53171094022_83a7e1b906_m.jpg

If you want SF3 just take the blue pill and see what happens orr...you can take the red pill and wake the hell up before you start wetting the bed, because you took the blue pill which was exactly just for that !!:laugh:

Edited by UllyB
  • Haha 1

Honestly, there is no need to insist on the reasons why tk dedicated itself to the mobile world (they are very obvious). The question is, what could have been done with the SF so that its development did not stop? I think selling the game in a single exe was an obsolete concept, possibly due to piracy but also because it came late to projects like lomac and bms (at that time very attractive graphically), the dlcs tried to rescue the game but they were from the same developer they made very few and they also got stuck in the idea of the sim set in the 60s... look what happened with DCS, they opted for a base sim that moves paid content, in SF, TK can sell their simulator with a good engine game and a base to carry out various missions. On the other hand, it also offers its platform to independent developers to produce paid add-ons to keep the sim updated (just like the consoles that are sold for the hardware but also for the catalog of games they attract)… I insist. Would it also have been a bad deal?

Think that SF also created or was an important part of a market niche that is now fashionable: a light simulator that does not fall into the arcade but at the same time with realistic notions takes you to the action without tedious manuals... this same concept , take it to the dlc developers: cool planes but without the complexity and need to pay teams to model 1000 functional buttons, small modders could collaborate alone and at the same time be financially sustainable with their talents; you build the plane, weapon or terrain you want and earn based on what you sell contributing to the exuberance of the catalog (actually nothing new that FSX hasn't done during the last decades)

Possibly TK has been left alone in this, I do not doubt that as a developer he had to get into debt to carry out your projects and survive with it, but when the idea is good and the strategy is clear, he can get the resources outside, there are companies willing to invest, the thing is if you want to share profits...

Well, I think I went too long on this... although I'll repeat it over and over again, I think that SF itself has a  good concept,  very sellable even today, (that's why you're reading this)... anyway It is my humble opinion, the idea is to generate debate about what was or could be, I do not claim to be a know-it-all, (I am light years away from being a simple grasshopper) so please, nothing personal and understanding that my English is not very polished (and helped by a blessed automatic translator) so don't be surprised if something is not completely understood.. :dntknw:

regards

Edited by PeacePuma
  • Like 9