Most of you that have played any of my terrain mods, know of the placement of "hot dog stand" (in it's various incarnations and names) scattered across the landscape.

Well, in looking up some of the airports/bases on mainland China, I came across this image. Now, I'm not talking about the 2 J-10s, but the 'red pinned' tag in the lower right. the "Muchung Beef Shop" might be that building just below the title.

Since, that's "My Thing" to do, could it be that the powers that be in China know of my penchent for placing resturants everywhere? And will I get paid for my idea????

The world may never know!!!  :haha:

google-earth-jets.jpg

Edited by Wrench
corrected aircraft type name
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11

No, technically this is a mobile food truck:lol::rofl:

The two bird need to be feed

Edited by simonmiller416
  • Haha 2

Those are J-10s not J-20s.

But yes, you're owed royalties for the idea, try contacting Xi.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll fix the aircraft names, thanks!!!

So, it's NOT the building, but the vehicle directly ABOVE the tag?? Didn't think of that.

hjmmmmm.......................now I wonder which 3d Guru I can bribe to make a generic food truck????

• Haha 1

PLAAFES gut truck providing maintainers and flight crews with some snacks or a delicious meal that leaves everyone running for the closest toilet.

• Haha 3

So you really need a food truck?

Actually hot dog shops are good too:lol:

Edited by simonmiller416

I found that outrageous. You should sue them :)

Edited by UllyB
  • Haha 2

On 8/31/2023 at 10:55 PM, Viggen said:

PLAAFES gut truck providing maintainers and flight crews with some snacks or a delicious meal that leaves everyone running for the closest toilet.

I think two more naked dancers would do just fine apart from that.

It’s a Chinese NAAFI van!

IMG_4648.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As you've all figured out, I'm redoing or at least trying to clean up the targeting on the Formosa Strait Taiwanhaixia terrain. The reason I tagged the 'food service unit', is that the Easter Egg of the 'stand' item has a name (as is usual).

It's Lee Ho Fook's. I know I'm giving it away, but most (if not all) of you should recognize the name

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In fact, due to some legal reasons in mainland China, the coordinates of all domestic satellite maps in China are different from the actual longitude and latitude, and Google does not have services in mainland China, so its labels use actual longitude and latitude, so the coordinates will appear The differences caused some strange things to appear on the military airport.

• Like 1

Just before I migrated to Windows 11, of which I'm still experiencing massive 3ds Max issues and falling back to the old development computer,  I had a few goodies underway that I need to unload.

Much to everyone's surprise, the mystery vehicle has been revealed.  And the assigned crew here are not happy about Wrench's rusty van serving American hot dogs.  But in secret, some are really starting to enjoy them. 

Created this just for fun in case you like it.  Wrench, I'll PM you with more details and see what other changes you might like.

And maybe, just maybe if you sell more dogs you can get this thing a fresh paint job... :biggrin:

image.thumb.png.92ddb0807f3c6eb4f61212ee290cfa57.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

A long time ago, while I was still in High School, some good friends and I were discussing the best burgers on the Westside (of Los Angeles). One, Eric said Howard's Big Burgers, on Venice near Sepulveda (and they're still there, BTW). "When you bite into in, and the juice runs down your hand, you know it's good". I've always kept to that.

:drinks:

That is a RIGHTEOUS looking food truck!!!

I just flew a strike mission that had a foodstand as a target in Korea.  Either they have some spicy s***t, or a 1-star rating on yelp.

• Haha 1

That building is used (read: repurposed) on all the terrains I do. Can't remember which, but one of the middle east terrains has it as a "Falafel Shack"

and FREE peanuts!!!!:drinks:

In 'N' Out burgers on Hawaii terrains needed LOL

• Haha 1