Jump to content

Wrench

ADMINISTRATOR
  • Posts

    28,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    184

Everything posted by Wrench

  1. Perhaps you could find it in the Bunyap Weapons Pak??? Wrench kevin stein
  2. I'll get it uploaded sometime tommorrow. What I'll probably do, is replace THIS upload with the full aircraft and the modified data/loadout inis. So folks won't need a double download. oddly, there ARE several dead links (Yak-3RD that I tested), and some active (not dead? Undead? working??) Pasko had and still has, a LOT of good things he created for the 3rdWire series. Unfortunately, a equal number never got finished (Bear fer instance, Spit 9) Wrench kevin stein
  3. Have you pulled the desert_targets ini and desert_types inis from the Desert.cat, and added the ships??? Obviously, with them sitting in their assigned stations off the coast (meaning- at the carrier stations defined in the targets ini), they probably won't appear. Also, they'll need adding to the types ini. Just like any other terrain object The tool you need is the Cat Extractor tool, available in our downloads section -since 2004!!!. I'm absolutely amazed to don't already have it. It's the single most usefull thing EVER created for this game series. Wrench kevin stein
  4. View File Darwin (WW2) Update Pak Darwin (WW2) Terrain Upgrade: For WW2 PTO mods SF/WoV/WoE -ONLY- This mod is a relatively simple upgrade to Edward's WW2 Darwin terrain. What I've done is added LOTS of new targets to the existing target areas, and replaced at least one airfield, on each side, with a repainted "desert airfiled 1", which is now a medium dirt runway. The 'new' target areas are enhancements of already existing ones -- I've just added some more things here and there to make it look a little more populated. There are a couple of new parked planes, based of existing ones, hex-edited and reskinned for their proper users. This is a fairly 'target rich' environment -- there are plenty of items for strike and anti-shipping missions. It is also fairly well defended - so watch out for the flak. It has been tested in SF, WoV and WoE, using their cats pointed to in the main ini. As the new objects will be residing directly in the terrain folder, you should have no problems. (see the CombatAce Knowledge Base for the tutorial on using the cat pointer line, or down below for full instructions) New planning maps (all 3) have been created; only the #3 map has the cities listed on it, to keep #1 & 2 fairly 'clean'. You MUST have ALL the Pacific Objects (ground units, ships, AAA, infantry, etc) already installed in you PTO version of the game; otherwise things won't be appearing. This is especially important for the ships -- make sure you have the barges (get both, they're needed in the GO folder), the Liberty ship, and all warships, both Allied and Japanese. Don't forget to check Geo's page for more WW2 goodies ... there's a lot of stuff that's usable (and used!) here as well. Hinchbrooke has some very nice Royal Navy battleships. <wink> However, you DO get a new PT Boat. The lods and skin bmps come from Edwards Solomons Terrain; I just built an half-assed data ini for it to add one more little ship. It is also reccomended that you have installed CA_Stary's WW2 hangars and buildings. They have a nice worn green wood-ish texture, and look really good in the PTO theatre! I have, also, included the original data ini with it's terrain and water effects activeated (Vista user take note!! -more for you below). I HAVE tested the map with both Brain32's tiles, and CA_Stary's "Green Hell'' mods; it is NOT set up for their use, and if you choose to install either of them, you do so at your own risk (not that anything bad would really happen...). See "Notes and Comments below for more". While they do greatly enhance the visual eye candy, there are several issues due to target placements. As stated above, the data ini has been upgraded to the latest standards. Water effects are active, so Vista users beware...more information for you is below in the Install Instructions. See "Notes for Vista Users". = MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST, WW2 NATIONS INI IN YOUR FLIGHT FOLDER = = MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WW2 FORMATIONS INI IN YOUR FLIGHT FOLDER = == MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WEAPONS PAK FOR THE WW2 WEAPONS!! == Follow these instructions herein =EXACTLY= and you should have no problems. In essence, READ the readme!!! Good Hunting! Wrench Kevin Stein yeah, I know it's the same picture as the Original Map upload...you all know me, too lazy to take another screenie! :yes: Submitter Wrench Submitted 08/21/2008 Category Terrains  
  5. 371 downloads

    Darwin (WW2) Terrain Upgrade: For WW2 PTO mods SF/WoV/WoE -ONLY- This mod is a relatively simple upgrade to Edward's WW2 Darwin terrain. What I've done is added LOTS of new targets to the existing target areas, and replaced at least one airfield, on each side, with a repainted "desert airfiled 1", which is now a medium dirt runway. The 'new' target areas are enhancements of already existing ones -- I've just added some more things here and there to make it look a little more populated. There are a couple of new parked planes, based of existing ones, hex-edited and reskinned for their proper users. This is a fairly 'target rich' environment -- there are plenty of items for strike and anti-shipping missions. It is also fairly well defended - so watch out for the flak. It has been tested in SF, WoV and WoE, using their cats pointed to in the main ini. As the new objects will be residing directly in the terrain folder, you should have no problems. (see the CombatAce Knowledge Base for the tutorial on using the cat pointer line, or down below for full instructions) New planning maps (all 3) have been created; only the #3 map has the cities listed on it, to keep #1 & 2 fairly 'clean'. You MUST have ALL the Pacific Objects (ground units, ships, AAA, infantry, etc) already installed in you PTO version of the game; otherwise things won't be appearing. This is especially important for the ships -- make sure you have the barges (get both, they're needed in the GO folder), the Liberty ship, and all warships, both Allied and Japanese. Don't forget to check Geo's page for more WW2 goodies ... there's a lot of stuff that's usable (and used!) here as well. Hinchbrooke has some very nice Royal Navy battleships. <wink> However, you DO get a new PT Boat. The lods and skin bmps come from Edwards Solomons Terrain; I just built an half-assed data ini for it to add one more little ship. It is also reccomended that you have installed CA_Stary's WW2 hangars and buildings. They have a nice worn green wood-ish texture, and look really good in the PTO theatre! I have, also, included the original data ini with it's terrain and water effects activeated (Vista user take note!! -more for you below). I HAVE tested the map with both Brain32's tiles, and CA_Stary's "Green Hell'' mods; it is NOT set up for their use, and if you choose to install either of them, you do so at your own risk (not that anything bad would really happen...). See "Notes and Comments below for more". While they do greatly enhance the visual eye candy, there are several issues due to target placements. As stated above, the data ini has been upgraded to the latest standards. Water effects are active, so Vista users beware...more information for you is below in the Install Instructions. See "Notes for Vista Users". = MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST, WW2 NATIONS INI IN YOUR FLIGHT FOLDER = = MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WW2 FORMATIONS INI IN YOUR FLIGHT FOLDER = == MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WEAPONS PAK FOR THE WW2 WEAPONS!! == Follow these instructions herein =EXACTLY= and you should have no problems. In essence, READ the readme!!! Good Hunting! Wrench Kevin Stein yeah, I know it's the same picture as the Original Map upload...you all know me, too lazy to take another screenie! :yes:
  6. What the....????? ok, obviously wrong forum, and probably wrong site! Wrench kevin stein
  7. View File N1K1 Kyofu "Rex" by Pasko Kawanishi N1K1 Kyofu "Rex" Full Aircraft Replacement Pak This is Pasko's N1K1 Rex, the complete package. As the link is broked at his site, and it's dosn't seem availalbe to the General Masses ™, I've chosen to upload the entire aircraft, WITH my Update Pak already installed. Please consider this as a REPLACEMENT and enchacement of the Pak I uploaded yesturday. As stated, this IS the complete aircraft, lods, skins, inis, and cockpit (which comes from AD's Zero). This will simplify matters releated to installing it. -= NOTE: You MUST have the Bunyap Weapons Pak of 6/06 to get the WW2 weapons and guns and such =- - This mod has been tested in SF, WoV and WoE. This mod is NOT reccomended for use in a WW2 style install of WoI, as it handles prop flight models in "an odd way". As usual, read the enclosed 'readme' for (for once!!!) simple install instructions!! BTW, as this is the complete aircraft, there are 2 readmes -- Pasko's original and the one for my update pak, but you can disregard it With deep thanks to Pasko for creating this aircraft for us, and all those that worked on it! Enjoy! Wrench kevin stein Submitter Wrench Submitted 08/21/2008 Category Axis Fighters  
  8. 615 downloads

    Kawanishi N1K1 Kyofu "Rex" Full Aircraft Replacement Pak This is Pasko's N1K1 Rex, the complete package. As the link is broked at his site, and it's dosn't seem availalbe to the General Masses ™, I've chosen to upload the entire aircraft, WITH my Update Pak already installed. Please consider this as a REPLACEMENT and enchacement of the Pak I uploaded yesturday. As stated, this IS the complete aircraft, lods, skins, inis, and cockpit (which comes from AD's Zero). This will simplify matters releated to installing it. -= NOTE: You MUST have the Bunyap Weapons Pak of 6/06 to get the WW2 weapons and guns and such =- - This mod has been tested in SF, WoV and WoE. This mod is NOT reccomended for use in a WW2 style install of WoI, as it handles prop flight models in "an odd way". As usual, read the enclosed 'readme' for (for once!!!) simple install instructions!! BTW, as this is the complete aircraft, there are 2 readmes -- Pasko's original and the one for my update pak, but you can disregard it With deep thanks to Pasko for creating this aircraft for us, and all those that worked on it! Enjoy! Wrench kevin stein
  9. Nicholas Bell's WOE NATO Air Defense Mod has the fixes (as well as most of the NATO HAWK sites); Mirage Factory's weapons pak has it, along with 4 new Chapparells -- worth getting; if using the Bunyap Pak, easy to import too. Wrench kevin stein
  10. I'm thinking even the bird's would be walking in that storm!!! Wrench kevin stein
  11. Watch the edge near Saigon ... it looks pretty close to THE WALL. Use whatever you needs. Don't forget, I've got Polaks' PTO object Pak, too. (many items are in the recent upgrades). Unfortunately, I don't think it can be uploaded...but since there's bits and dribbles in my terrain paks... Check the Okinawa or New Guinea upgrade paks, the Runway 7 (IIRC) is a dirt-paved Runway 6. The dirt Runway 1 is, of course, Runway 1. You can always substitue any other of the Medium runways (2, 5, 6). Other wise, you into hex editing and bmp/tga renaming. Speaking of Saigon, maybe you can get away with just using Runway 4 (the V-crossing, Large Airfield) The Balkipan Oil Fields are going to be quite interesting to build...my oil field layout may not be of any use here, and you may have to do it the hard way...by single objects (rrruuugggh!!! blah! - I've been doing this at Boela) BTW, I've just made a small tweek to the Rex (fixed loadout, and rudder pivot). It already has the skin for the squadron tasked with defending the oil fields. And I have a fairly nice layout for a seaplane base. Of course, we can't actually take off and land on water....but it makes a nice Allied target. Wrench kevin stein
  12. Make sure you leave enough space in the airfield exclusion zones for the larger runways, for "modern times" conversions.!!! Ran into that with the WW2 Darwin conversion to the Modern Darwin!! Also, I think it'd be a VERY good idea to have at least one large/medium runway for each side (as I've been doing with the WW2 map tweeks). This assures the lack of a CTD with the 'aircraftformation.dll' fault. Many of the bombers need a MEDIUM or LARGE runway, and the game either CTDs or the birds do a 'driving Miss Daisy' wander around on the ground. If you need my repaved, unpaved strips, let me know. (Runway 1 and Runway '7' from New Guines and Okinawa) Wrench kevin stein edit: is that Krakatoa Island I see in the Sunda Strait??? Damn, we need a 'smoking volcano effect'!!!
  13. You mean this one? No timeframe for release...it's a VERY early beta stage. Would be perfect for those early days in the Philippines, the retreat down to Celebes/Java/Indonesia and into Australia. Conversley, it should be fairly easy to convert the F into a Late Model E, with the Sperry remote-controled turret replaced by the Benidix ball turret. Lacking the proper framing on the nose bubble, but I'm working on that too...I have many ideaers. Reccomened Reading: Ragged, Rugged Warriors by Martin Caiden Incredible Victory by Walter Lord Flying Buccaneers by Steve Birdsall Flying Forts by Martin Caiden been collecting this stuff since the mid-1960s Wrench kevin stein
  14. No s**t!!! It's been 5+ days, and I've recieved nothing so far. THREAD HIJACK ON Speaking of repurposing, I 'repurposed' the Liberty into a seaplane tender. Now all I need are static Emilys, Mavis (Mavisi?) Rufes, Petes, Jakes, and a couple others to populate the seaplane bases I just added for the Darwin (WW2) rebuild THREAD HIJACK, OFF Wrench kevin stein
  15. Runway's too small And... Besides, historically, they were E models. Gs never served in the PTO, and the Fs were withdrawn by mid-43. Historically, there should also be a V-type crossing runway on Sand Island, of Runaway 4 type -which is the ONLY airfield classed as LARGE (or cheating and using 2 crossing Runway6 or Runway 2, but these are only MEDIUM) gotta read them inis!! WRench kevinstein
  16. Easy answer... DON'T!!! Too damn many mountians on the Iruns map for Alt-N. You WILL run into them everytime. And the Kosovo map... pffffhhtt! Even Dave (who built it) says it a piece of carp. I know a new one is building. The Iruns/Irag map rebuild is 95% complete, I just need someone to retile and redo some sections around Teheran ... the terrain there is all wrong, and needs the sea added. Targets (excepting for minor tweeking needed by retilng) is 99.8% complete. Wrench kevin stein
  17. Super!! Be a great place for those NEI skins we have, too!!! Wrench kevin stein
  18. Are the AI's engaging with them??? That's the hard part.... That skin ain't all that bad! Did you finally get it unwarpped and templated? I also have the 'Detail and Scale" on the Duece on pdf, if that'll help; but that sure can't beat Mike's Real Life ™ AF manual!!! Wrench kevin stein
  19. Looks like a little opppsy here... Let's move this to the First Eagles Forum, where it belongs!! Wrench kevin stein
  20. FC: i may have figured that out, but havn't gotten back to it yeti. May have to use the same cheat as on the Scorpion. I may have to 'hide' the rockets inside the fuelseage, as close to the doors as possible. It may look funny from the outside, but in the cockpit, it shouldn't make a difference. Meaning, they won't sit in their launch racks. Wrench kevin stein
  21. AB animations or AB flames??? There's a big difference. So, which is it??? If it's the flames, you can swap it out for another in the Engine section. OR...look in the downloads section for the Foxbat's AB tga fix. Wrench kevin stein
  22. Don't forget, too, that China and Darwin are now in the shop for 'eye candy' upgrades. With any luck, Darwin will be ready this week; it didn't need as much work as China. After those, I my revist my Solomons upgrade, now that I know more, and have more objects to use (with undying thanks to Polack and CFS2's AF Midway Group) Wrench kevin stein
  23. Amount of objects isn't a problem...I belive TK said the max possible may be 999. I've personelaly never gone over 250. I didn't have any problems getting the Abrams and Bradley to show up on the DS map.... Same with the T-72s at Iragi bases (no pic, sorry) It has got to be a numbering issue somewhere. You are flying within the operational years of the tanks?? Wrench kevin stein EDIT: take a closer look at Target053...I think that's your problem
  24. I'm gonna re-sticky this, and new folks might not want to go hunting for it. Wrench kevin stein
  25. Ok, I got lucky with the 'attachment thingy' yesturday...let's see how today goes.... Here's the lod and bmp for the T-6 gun paks. I've included the weaponsdata, but it should alreayd be in the BunyPak, weapon #660 WRench kevin stein
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..