Jump to content

Wrench

ADMINISTRATOR
  • Posts

    28,237
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    184

Everything posted by Wrench

  1. Ok, I got lucky with the 'attachment thingy' yesturday...let's see how today goes.... Here's the lod and bmp for the T-6 gun paks. I've included the weaponsdata, but it should alreayd be in the BunyPak, weapon #660 WRench kevin stein
  2. It totally sounds like you're missing MOST -if not all- the needed items for running a WW2 PTO install There are only 2 AAA units available for the IJ Forces in ALL the PTO mods (not counting the FE based IJA_AAA machine gunner) Type 88, 75mm and Type 96, 25mm That all there be. The Allies get a larger choice: 20mm Bofors 3.7in UK (both free standing and 'emplaced' - sandbag revieted) M-16 Quad 50cal Half-trak M-55 Quad 50 (if data in modified for WW2 -which it should be!) US 90mm (based of Pasko's KS-19) and the BrowningAAA (based off the FE WW1 mg gunner) As to the Peashooter, the 30cal M-2 is a stock weapon -- you shouldn't have had ANY problems with that one. Just for a 'point of order', you DO have a seperate install of (insert game name here -EXCEPT WoI!!!) for your PTO install, correct?? Do you have the Bunyap Weapons Pak installed? Have you added the necessary weapons -there's a butt-load of Japanese/Nazi Germany add-ons in the Dev A-Teams aircraft, not just bombs/torpedos, but guns as well. Most, hopefully, were/are included in the Bunyap Pak. More info is requred, and requested. Wrench kevin stein
  3. Have you tried recalibrating the stick in the Windows Control Panel? Have you set your default contorls in the game, via the OPTIONS panel on the main game 'start page'?? Meaning, set up all the 'switchology'??? Hope you kept a backup copy of that data ini!! That's something (expecially the flight model data) that should never be touched. Also, did you install NF to the right game??? It only works in WoE. Telling us which verison of the sim is faulting, might help in diagnosing the problem. And what stick you're using. Wrench kevin stein
  4. Reintailze the SA-3s via the weapons editor. IE: open, find the SA-3 (any/all), open the entry, "OK" click save. Do it for the HAWKs and Chapparells as well. also, be aware there are 2 listed Goa Quad launchers -- SA-3ML and SA-3QL -- which may be creating a problem. Reanme the SA-3ML.ini to xSA-3ML.ini, and the game engine will ignore it, and use the proper QL version. Unless you've added it to the types in, then you'll need to change that as well. Happened to me all the time whilst doing Libya. Strangely enough, working fine for Modern Korea. Wrench kevin stein
  5. RCKT is most definately a weapons class...how do you think I got the 2 Frescos (PF, PF SP-16) and the Scorpions to have their SP-5s and MMHEs??? It's also used for the HVARs and 60# rockets. There is no such thing as RCL. Veltro: flip the numbering around 001, 002, 003. See if that helps. I think they need to be in numberical sequence. You might need to swith the positons around, if they fire in a certain way (top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top) You might also run into the AI not using them (as before with the Fresco's and Scorpion) You may have to 'cheat' a little like I did. Wrench kevin stein
  6. Mine is set to use PropLoop2; although a C-130engnie would probably be better, IIRC, they use the same engine Try this one -- I don't remember where I got it from; it may be TMF from the MegaPak or Fubars or god knows who's!! Wrench kevin stein (hopefully this attachment thingy will work....)
  7. Have you tried the 'cockpit moves', via cockpit ini edits, to drop the switch panel out of sight? Lexx_Luthor is our resident expert on that sort of thing. There's a whole thread about it over on the 3rdWire forums (Stargetic Cockpits, or something like that. I am NEVER going to live down that typo!!!) Wrench kevin stein
  8. How strange is it that I'm one of the few NOT experiencing this oddity??? Now, mind you, my targets ini is NOT stock ... I added an new #1 target zone. But it worked fine, even before. I've sent Gepard a Care Package of all sorts of goodies ... he's probably hard a work adding them and seeing what's up with the exploding planes. I had a buddy that was there for a few weeks one night According to Kami, it REALLY is Midway to nowhere (well, that and when his P-3 squadron deployed to Wake which was worse! This was after his Hornet Squadorn was disbanded, and he transfered to Orions) Wrench kevin stein
  9. Perhaps this will be of assistance: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12230 You're experiencing the 'lack of a cat pointer line'. The above link should give you the answers The Knowledge Base is you friend (even if stuff seem overlery hard to find...damn...gotta get it reorgainzed...AGAIN!) Wrench kevin stein
  10. I had him make it for me, it should be in the IDF Harvard IF not, let me know and I'll get you the lods and ini bits. Wrench kevin stein
  11. View File WW2 Burma by Edward Edward's Orginal WW2 Burma Terrain As I may have mentioned before, there's a nicely updated readme file included, with various and sundry instructions that might make a interesting bit of reading. So cruise on through it; it fun, trust me!! The concludes the upload of Edwards Original WW2 Terrain Set. I extend my undying gratitude to Edward for creating them in the first place, and the massive interest from all the playas, not just us WW2 Junkies. Happy Landings! Wrench Kevin Stein PS:yes, I know that screenie shows the GH mod -- I don't have the stock one loaded. But it's an interesting shot, nonetheless! Submitter Wrench Submitted 08/17/2008 Category Terrains  
  12. 551 downloads

    Edward's Orginal WW2 Burma Terrain As I may have mentioned before, there's a nicely updated readme file included, with various and sundry instructions that might make a interesting bit of reading. So cruise on through it; it fun, trust me!! The concludes the upload of Edwards Original WW2 Terrain Set. I extend my undying gratitude to Edward for creating them in the first place, and the massive interest from all the playas, not just us WW2 Junkies. Happy Landings! Wrench Kevin Stein PS:yes, I know that screenie shows the GH mod -- I don't have the stock one loaded. But it's an interesting shot, nonetheless!
  13. True. But I couldn't have done it without you first figuring out how to do for the Frescos!!! It was a Stargetic Achievment!!! Wrench kevin stein
  14. No, that's Bunyap's Burd http://www.bunyap2w1.com/ scroll down near the bottom, and you'll find it. Wrench kevin stein
  15. View File WW2 China by Edward Edward's Original WW2 China Terrain I've added an expanded notes and install instructions section to his original readme - as usual, read it! Please! Enjoy! Wrench kevin stein Ps: the screenie should be considered 'generic', as you can see, I've used a different tile set. Just to show a WW2 Chinese aircraft (not yet released, btw - still working out a issue) Submitter Wrench Submitted 08/16/2008 Category Terrains  
  16. 639 downloads

    Edward's Original WW2 China Terrain I've added an expanded notes and install instructions section to his original readme - as usual, read it! Please! Enjoy! Wrench kevin stein Ps: the screenie should be considered 'generic', as you can see, I've used a different tile set. Just to show a WW2 Chinese aircraft (not yet released, btw - still working out a issue)
  17. If you wish! PM me, and I'll send you my Real World ™ address Wrench kevin stein
  18. They (MMHE) came with the Sabre Dog, IIRC. It should be in the BunyPak. Veltro, have a look at my F-89D Scorpoin mod ... I tweeked out the MMHE to they fly straighter, longer. Hell, it's just a easy to post the weapons entry...at least for testing Now, I DID have to cheat a little with those on the Scropion, which fortunatly had a place to hide them (wingtip pods), to get the AI to actually fire them -- this is something I"ll be trying to do on FC's Thunderwarrior, if I can ever get back to it!!! You might want to grab the F-89D pak I did, and see how I did it. I used Lexx_Luthor's fix to fake the AI out. He's got some posts about that on the 3rdWire Boards. Wrench kevin stein
  19. AH, you've heard me sing before!!! Brings the birds right down from the trees ... to ATTACK!!! Glad that helped!! Wrench kevin stein
  20. The 2 Ranges load pretty fast, and they have minimal objects. They're pretty good for testing stuff on. Or create a "Test" terrain...take one of the stock one, and edit the targets ini. Remove all but 1 city -make sure that one is the #1 target area, and 2 airfields, one for each side. You will need to extreact the TFD and HFD files to rename. The process would be something like this, using WoE as an example: Create new folder called "Test" Copy over the following inis & other misc files: GermanyCE.ini GermanyCE_targets.ini GermanyCE_Types.ini GermanyCE_Data.ini GermanyCE.TFD GermanyCE.HFD rename the GermanyCE.ini to "Test.ini" Rename the TFD and HFD to "Test.TFD" and "Test.HFD" Open the newly renamed Test.ini and do something like this: You'll see I seem to always list all the original terrain cat files -- a semi-good habit of mine Rename the GermanyCE_targets.ini to "Test_targets.ini", then open it up It has Aachen as the #1 target area, but with nothing there. If you want, I'd suggest just dropping a genric building at the 0,0 point. A generator or warehouse, just so's something is there. Then, do a "Find" for runway. That will get you the first airfield listing, which should be target area #235, Alhorn. Here's where the work begins...you have to DELETE everything ABOVE it, all the way back to #1. Then, after doing that, you'll just need to find an enemy base, which is #237, Allstadt. Keep that one, and delete EVERYTHING BELOW IT! Then, it's just a simple matter to renumber the 3 remaining target areas in sequence. It'd looks something like this, with much left out for clarity (that is, all the actual targets listed at the 2 airbases, hope you get my drift) For SF's Desert, WoV Vietnamsea, or WoI's IsrealME, the procedure would be the same, just using different inis and TFD/HFDs, renamed to fit the application. It should work, the only question I'd have, you might need ALL the inis, in particular the data ini, renamed for use in the "Test" terrain. (as you see I've named it such above) I DO forsee a problem, in the movements ini -- without the targets areas to start/end from, it may CTD on CAS/Armed_Recon/Anti-ship missions, so NOT using it might be a smart alternative. Just don't fly CAS/AR/AS missions. For just testing skins and such, RECON would be the best mission type. BTW, thanks for the compliment on the Libya terrain. Nice Texan skin, too!!! Wrench kevin stein EDIT: ooopsssy!! You'll need the GermanyCE_types and data inis as well, renamed to match the new "Test"
  21. In the targets.ini, check the ActiveYear= line for ALL the airfields, and adjust as necessary. You can set them to 0, and they will be there all the time, FOR all time (cue music) 'until the stars falllllll frommm thee skyyyyy!!!' sorry, couldn't resist... Wrench kevin stein
  22. Check your numbering of the targets & types inis ... this is a mistake I've made sooooo many times, I just can't count (pun intended) At worst, you'll have to zip up the whole terraian and let me look at it. Wrench kevin stein
  23. File Name: Ki-61 Tony 37 Sentai, Skin & Ini Pak File Submitter: Wrench File Submitted: 16 Aug 2008 File Category: Japanese Air Force and Navy Kawasaki Ki-61 "Tony", Skin and Ini Pak, For SF/WoV/WoE PTO Installs This package contains a reskin and cockpit/cockpit ini modification of the Dev A-Team's Ki-61 "Tony" . You MUST have the Dev A-Team's Ki-61 Tony, and it's suggested also Christian59's "Tony Family Package" before installing this mod, as without it, this does you no good!! Right now, it's set for use on Christian's Ki-61-Ib, but can be used on any of his new versions, as they all share the same LOD. A simple edit of the decals ini is all that it will take. Having the Hurricane 1 would be a good idea too, as the new cockpit ini will need it! The skin is based off the original IJAAF Natural Metal and Camos, and was built from a new template created off the original skins. All new panel, rivet lines, and other details were drawn by me, but still based off Gramps' original. The tail Chutai marking is a decal. Individual ID number decals have also been created, as seen on the landing gear doors in many photos/profiles/artworks/whathaveyous. I've suppled numbers for 48 aircraft. See in the "Notes" section for explinations about the numbers.lst. It represents aircraft of 37 Sentai, based at Matsuyama Airfield, Formosa, circa March 1944. This aircraft is finished in overall Natural Metal, with some "splotchy bits" applied to the tail fin/rudder. Now, I'm not sure this splotchy was appled to a particular aircraft (the profile shows no numbers) or the entire Squadron. I choose to use it on all. A new cockpit ini is supplied, based of Kesselbrut's Hurricane Mk.1, with adjusted pilot postioning, and recalibrated to use the Metric Unit system. While not perfect; the instrument layout is far to Western (and still in English), it's a workable substitute. (this is just in case you didn't get it with the 19 Sentai Tony Skin Pak). BTW, if someone wants to translate the gauge readout/labels into Japanese, I'm sure a number of people would be quite pleased! (me included!) Also included is a new sound file (wav) for the engine. It's from RussoUK's BF-109E; as both aircraft used the Daimler DB-601, this is also, just in case you didn't get it with the other Tony Skin Pak :) It's called "CYA" where I come from!!! Historical accuracy is NOT 100% claimed, as the profile I used shows a Ki-61-I. -= NOTE: You MUST have the Bunyap Weapons Pak of 6/06 to get the WW2 weapons and guns and such =- --= NOTE: You MUST have the Dev A-Team's Ki-61 Tony to install this pakage into (duh!!) and =-- ---= You'll need the DAT's Hurricane 1 for it's cockpit; the mods are based off that one =--- ----=You Should also have christian59's Ki-61 Tony Family Package to install this too =---- - This mod has ONLY been tested in SF, WoV and WoE. This mod is NOT reccomended for use in a WW2 style install of WoI, as it handles prop flight models in "an extreamly odd way".- It is HIGHLY suggested that you read the enclosed readme COMPLETLY THROUGH before installing this pak; this will help you in making some of the changes I suggest. Good Hunting! Wrench Kevin Stein Click here to download this file
  24. View File WW2 Darwin by Edward Edward's Original WW2 Darwin/Northern Oz/Indonesia Terrain I've added an expanded notes and install instructions section to his original readme - as usual, I EXPECT you all to read it! With exceptional thanks to Edward for creating all these WW2 Terrains for us to explore and enjoy! (thanks can never be said enough) Enjoy! Wrench kevin stein Submitter Wrench Submitted 08/16/2008 Category Terrains  
  25. 435 downloads

    Edward's Original WW2 Darwin/Northern Oz/Indonesia Terrain I've added an expanded notes and install instructions section to his original readme - as usual, I EXPECT you all to read it! With exceptional thanks to Edward for creating all these WW2 Terrains for us to explore and enjoy! (thanks can never be said enough) Enjoy! Wrench kevin stein
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..