Jump to content

Wrench

ADMINISTRATOR
  • Posts

    28,233
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    184

Everything posted by Wrench

  1. Have looked for it directly in the SF/Wo*/FE Terrains and Mods category in the downlods? I never use the search function to find things..it usually don't. But here's a direct link: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6274 FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE README EXACTLY AS I WROTE THEM For a historical version, ie: 1948-1966, I'd reccomend Gepard's Isreal2, and my Isreal2 upgrade pak. Wrench kevin stein
  2. Jug: that worked real good!!! Positions almost perfect!! You only forgot one thing: FlashTime= for the beacons. I used 0.06. If you want to get real fancy, and have them alternate, use 0.04 for the bottom. Adding that, and moving the right red tail light a little; damn near perfect. Moving it to that 'protrusion' just above the rudder. At least it's 'good enough for government work'. (lowest bidder? As we're doing these 'field fixes' for free....) Now, we just await GrViper's Russian translations for the "F-4E_Lights.tga", and I'll have the upgrade ready to go. For 2 versions: BM and BS gods, that's funny!!!! Wrench kevin stein
  3. Just use the aircraft you're given in game -- they're designed specifically for this Era/Region. Consider WoI as an "Era and Region Specific" designed game - very similiar to WoV. Out of the box (or exe in this case! ) it dose EXACTLY what it's designed to do - replicate the Arab Isreali Wars from 1967-1983. Now, of course, you CAN add Mirage Factory's offering, as they are designed to fit into this Era. As to importing planes form other games; it's quite doable -and here it comes- BUT... Those older game's aircraft are NOT built to the same as their counterparts in WoI - that will be fixed with the SF/WoV/WoE patch comes out later this year. I'd also reccomend looking through ALL the posts in the "WoI Historic Mods Thread" in the Mods and Skinning Forum. Many of your questions have already been answered. Wrench kevin stin
  4. I don't have a single problem with it it WoE. Other than the obvious glitches (loads, lights, etc). No slowdowns, no CTDs You faulted guys wouldn't be running ATI cards, by chance??? Wrench kevin stein
  5. I'd forgotten about "Piece 'o Cake". Saw it here on PBS when they debuted it, must be 30 years+ ago. Great series. Another good one is "Danger UXB", about the bomb disposal troopies during The Blitz. Wrench kevin stein
  6. I'm liking it!!! Wrench kevin stein
  7. Dagger1: have you downloaded the WoI IsraelME targets upgrade, available here at CA??? That'll fix you IDF air defense problems. I should know, I built it.... Wrench kevin stein
  8. Some of the translations are from Bablefish, and certainly not correct!! Interestering to note, the left/right inner and outer lights are switched in the cockpit ini...you select the R-60s, which should be the inner pylon, and ther outer pylone light lights up. I am NOT going to try and fix that...maybe WRench kevin stein
  9. Simon left the community some time ago. Hence, you'll note the Firefly is listed as a "Beta". I wish he'd pop back...that Avrocar could use some tweeks too Wrench kevin stein
  10. You're welcome, friend! Is the extension 'rar'??? To unzip it,you need WinRAR. It's been so long since I've installed it...I forget things -old age! Wrench kevin stein
  11. It's the same cockpit I used of the HAF AUP Phantom. Jug: I'll get thos copyed in and see what lights up! In the meantime, here's a shot from (very early) this morning; 31BM with it's max A-A load Alamo, Aphid, Amos -- dreaded AAA!!!! You'll note the new, corrected missle placement on the APU-62s I didn't take a shot last night of the SEAD or Anti-ship configs, as I was just too tired. More later Wrench kevin stein
  12. I've already got that about 75% done. That is to say, the loadouts are 95% complete; data ini fully adjusted. I just don't like one of the A-G missiles I'm using for the Anti-ship role, as it TV guided. But it DO kill'm dead New loadouts for ALL roles, including a new version of the APU-62 just for the Foxhound, that has corrected missile positions. But I still haven't touched any of the lights...as in adding all the missing running lights, and adjusting the postions of the landing/taxi lights....trying to fix the "bob and weave", but that's more than just a simple PitchDamper edit. When you all did the copy/paste of the Foxbat's data, lots of things needed adjusting, simply because the aircraft is substantially different, most likely somewhere in the CG area...but I don't have the smarts to figure that bit out...above my pay grade, as they say Having some cockpit issues...but they were easily fixed by going back to the original style, with the avionics60.dll. And it works just fine... Unfortunately, the stock F-4E pit dosen't lend itself to HUDs. And the EJ-Kai's has the wrong placement for the CRTs. A workable alternative might be the Flankers....but I have doubts about that as well. Be paitent...all is being fixed....in the field. Now, I'm off to bed...it's 2:30 AM and my brain is seizing up.... Wrench kevin stein
  13. I knew, somewhere deep down, you'd get a giggle out of it. Here's the tga, convered to jpg, as used in game: Here's the original F-4E lights, also converted for easy reading: So, how far off am I??? Thousands and thousands of miles.... WRench kevin stein
  14. Campaigns ONLY work when EVERYTHING is in-game. That is to say, the correct terrain, all the ground objects, aircraft, weapons, etc. You cannot use the IsrealME terrain to get the 3rd party one to work. It's internal naming conventions/format is completely different. You MUST have one (or more) of the Original Three Terrains (Desert, VietnamSEA or GermanyCE) in the WoI /Terrain folder. As to weapons paks, you can run the Buny Pak through the WoI weapons editor; it will be updated (mostly) to the new standard. I did this to one of my WoI installs (I've 3), and it works fine. The other alternative is to add the weapons you want, piecemeal, and update that way. This means identifying all the necessary lods, bmps, tgas, inis (needed for some fuel tanks IIRC), copying them over to the TMF pak, and inserting the data entries. I've done this too, where needed. Works fine. Wrench kevin stein
  15. OK...this is what it seems... Exactly WHICH version are we looking at or for??? Apparently, the BM model, which may or may not be in production, has a ground mapping radar and attack capabilities; including SEAD and anti-ship with Kh series missiles. I can do up the 'imporved' B version, with a working HUD (using avionics70.dll and parts already in-game) and NO GM radar (excepting for WoI - which to me is an almost total waste of time; more people have the older games) OR I can do up the proposed attack variant WITHOUT HUD, but WITH GM radar. AND a seperate interceptor version, with working HUD, NO GM radar. Methinks this is BS version (no pun intented!) The later, fully upgraded, most modern version, M - well, we ain't got no cockpit with 3 MFDs on it. So that's out. Unless someone build one... Oh, and to make it even MORE fun, we can add Adder's to the outer rails or Archers replacing the Aphids Someone needs to make a choice here, as to what's wanted. If we go full avioncis70, it'll be useless (for some parts) until the patch comes out near the end of the year. I'm going to work out the BS version, with NO HUD, correct the operational years from 1990-2020, and go from there. How say you?? Wrench kevin stein
  16. Quickly d/ling and examining the pit...it' looks like that's the basis for what The Insky Boys used. Other than the panel bmps being the original grayish black. Now...that SPO bmp looks verrrry usable for the RWR!!! Wrench kevin stein
  17. Not a problem... When you get the error again, and the little pop-up pops up, there should be a little link thingy in the lower left corner; it may say something like "to see what this error is, click this" That'll open up another window, with a bunch of stuff at the bottom, but at the top it should say "the error has something to do with some dll or another" (I'm paraphrasing this badly, hope you get the idea!) It may say "missileobject.dll'' or "graphicengine.dll" or somekind of dll -one of the main operational game file thingys. It dosen't mean the dll is bad, but something the aircraft needs is NOT being found. That's the error we need to know; if it's missing a weapons, it'll be a 'missileobject.dll' fault. Usually mean it's looking for something and not finding it. In the F-14's case, it may not be finding the Phoenix missiles, which need to be added to the weaponsdata ini (if you not using an add-on weapons pak) There are butt-loads of other ones, but we'll need to know which one... As to the Cat extractor, it's herein the "Utilities and Tools" downloads section. Basically what it is, is a program and 'unpacks' files from the ***.cat (or catalouge) file. Like a Windows cab file; they store all the little bits that make the game run. Like aircraft data inis, decals for markings; for the terrain cats (ie: VietnamSEA.cat) it has all the buildings and tiles that give the terrain's their looks In this case, you'll need to get the extractor, and install it; my reccomendation is into a "Extractor" folder inside the game. Just create a new folder, and move it ther after unzipping it. You'll then have to right-click on the exe, and set the "Properties". You'll use Win95 compatibility mode. Click 'apply' and you're off. (in as aside, I personally belive THIS is the single most important tool ever created for this series. Without it, nothing can be modded) Here's a link to my tut on adjusting the years: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=27492 Here's how to use the weapons editor: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=9323 NOTE: this is an old version. Fully patched up games CAN use a seperate /Weapons folder to place the WeaponsData.in and WeaponsData.dat into. This is HIGHLY reccomended, even for those NOT using a weapons pak. Unfortunately, there as yet ISN'T one on how to use the extractor. I guess I'll have to write one up. Odd, that there isn't one. Quickley, you double click on the "sfp1e.exe" to start it. It'll ask where you want to go, meaning which game, then which folder for whatever cat you're going to pull stuff from. Navigate to the correct folder; I'm assuming WoV, so go to the /Flight folder. You'll see all the different cats listed; the one you'll want to open is the "MissionData.cat" Scroll down until you see the "SingleMission.ini". Double click, and you'll get a little noise, and a pop-up saying "Extraced File Done!", inside the box tells you the destination folder; in this case it stays IN the /Flight folder. Don't worry about trying to put it back in the cat - you can't- it just stays were it goes. The game engine knows to look inside folders first, before using goodies from the cats. Close the extractor. You then can edit the ini with your text editor of choice; Notepad, wordpad, Word, whatever you want. (btw: notepad works the best, IMHO) And that's pretty much it. Wrench kevin stein
  18. Now mind you all, it's STILL an F-4E cockpit, no matter what's done to it. I'm hoping one of our Russian speakers will take a look and tell me how far off I am with the lettering... Ok, here they are: You can see the various weapons selected, gun, radar missile, IR missile. Strangest thing, I HAD the Cyrillic keyboard working last night in Word, but can't seem to do it today!! Anyway...if it looks like crap, I'll just s**t-can, and use the standard one that came with the aircraft. thanks! Wrench kevin stein
  19. What's the error message? Have you added the needed weapons for the Turkey, and any needed for the Hawg?? Also, you'll need to change the 'operational years' the game uses -DO NOT TOUCH THE YEARS IN THE AIRCRAFT'S DATA INI- There's a whole post in the KB on that; don't forget to grab the cat extractor tool, as you'll be needing it to pull the SingleMission.ini from the one of the cats in /Flight folder. That, and the options ini, in the main game folder (where the exe is) needs a few small changes. Wrench kevin stein
  20. The base size = problem is mostly manifest in WoV, as there are NO large runways (ie: Runway4) for the Red Side. We found this out the hard way, a long time ago, whilst trying to get some bombers to work there. Perhaps, as some point, somebody will add the super big one near Hanoi or (well, after 'reunification') Cam Ran Bay. We all know Soviet Bears were flying out there in the 80's. Wrench kevin stein
  21. Base size added to the "Fix It List". Once I get it wired, I'll be re-upping it (read: upating Silverbolt's upload) with the changes. It'll be the whole bird, just like his. So for those that already d/led it; back up your originals when it comes out. Just in case I screw something up. It'll still take me a few days, so don't expect it before the week starts. As to the HUD question....probably not. Don't know if they really had/have one. I"ll have to spend some time researching it, though. The main problem is, there aren't any really good Russian/Soviet HUD symbologies. I could cheat and use the Eagles (like in the HAF F-4)....we'll see. It can always be updated later Strange thing, I don't get the crash. Flying in WoE. Wrench kevin stein ps to Spinners: dude, that's just WRONG!!! Albeit, it's extreamly cool though.... some of those what if RAF Red Birds do look good!!! Soviet Occupied UK????? Like you, I don't think I built too many 'stock' models. Always had to fiddle somehow! W
  22. Is that the East River near Bayone???? Or something downstream of Chernyobl??? I've seen the Missouri and Mississippi, I don't remember them being so dark brown; more like RAF 'Light Earth' (ok, Nestles instant hot coco) Jeez....talk about polluted....feeeh!!! Are those dead, 3-eyed fish I see floating there?? Wrench kevin stein
  23. How about only filling them up half way.....?????? Ducks and runs very fast for a fat guy..... Wrench kevin stein
  24. Why do I get the feeling he's looking at me????? Well, I've got a whole weekend coming up... So, stock red bort numbers, or my crappy blue ones??? Wrench kevin stein
  25. Oh, man...that sucks!! Unfortunately, the SCB-125 Essex's (Essexi???) are only availbe in WoV. As is the Sumner/FRAM and another CV class that escapes me now... Capun's ships can be gotten by signing up with them at his site...can't remember the URL right off. YAP's has some superb looking ships (I don't have it, but the screenies DO look impressive); they're payware. You purchase 'packages' of missions that have the needed objects and stuff.. I'm sure 8lein or Zerocinco will be around and can give you more info. They are, however, gearing up for YAP2, and may have put the original stuff 'on ice' for a while. Hopefully, one of them will pop in and give us the real story. I'm just guessing. Remember,too, with carriers, they ONLY work in scripted, built single missions or campaigns. They won't appear in the in-game generated single missions. I really wish that would/could be fixed someday (this from the King of Rampstrikes....) As to terrains, you can add any terrain to any version of the game (exepting First Eagles), BUT -and here it comes- if we're talking about stock terrains, you must have the original terrain folder from game it originall came from. For add-on terrains, there's boatloads available here at CA. Most, if not all, can be used in any version of the game by a simple text edit on the terrains main ini. There are a few exceptions, but hopefully the supplied readmes will give alternatives. In this case, you'd need the "VietnamSEA" terrain folder from WoV. Once you have that, you can add all the new tiles and stuff pretty easily. If you haven't archived WoV somewhere, you might be -sorry to say this- SOL. You might have to re-purchase it from 3rd Wire's on-line store. The runway upgrades, if they're what I'm thinking they are -new bmps and tgas- just get dropped into the terrain folder as loose files. The game engine will put them in their places, so to speak Weapons Pak we'll cover another time. But quickely, the old Bunyap Pak has pretty much what's needed, minus lots of new weapons and guns from the last couple of years. The Mirage Factroy Pak is specifically designed for their aircraft, but you can easily import what you want into it quite easily. And because I'm a jerk -anyone here will tell you that- you might want to refersh your memory by having a wander around the Knowledge Base. With any luck, some of the answers you're looking for can be found there. If not, ask us!!! I know,you just want to fly the VS-23 Avenger over Ko-rea!!! (inside joke for those wondering) Wrench kevin stein
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..