Jump to content

Flanker562

MODERATOR
  • Posts

    13,427
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

Everything posted by Flanker562

  1. Don't you mean MSFS 2024? I don't think anybody plays FS2004...
  2. Now that's looking out for a Moderator... Something warning point.... Seriously, that would be scary
  3. Managed to clean up the code, as I simply had more than I apparently needed. So now it's just one entry in the drop down menu for the Pylon settings for the MH-92 (Insertion/Sniper). I think I have it setup as the wrong type of system though, and will look at the code tomorrow and go from there, as I think it's a DIRCM, not a jammer pod like the config says, so I'll inherit from that and hopefully it'll still work, but otherwise seems to be working as intended. I just need to code it right, and go from there tomorrow when I get some sleep and have a new day to do things.
  4. Agreed, I mean yeah, I like my feet on the ground, where it's relatively safe. Though it does look cool.
  5. Flanker562 Cherokee Containers RC39 - Containers with weapon systems now have full datalink equipped https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=776690780 Flanker562 Boat Tail Rounds RC3 - Added an Mk200 magazine for the weapon https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3604593897 Flanker562 EF Boat Tail Rounds RC3 - Added an Mk200 mag version https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3615318808
  6. I mean I have my doubts about AI, but Gemini in like 99% of the cases that I used it, seems to be accurate. Only case so far where it hasn't been accurate was the fonts for USN jets. Apparently modern ones use Amarillo as well as LongBeach, and so that's wrong on that count. But otherwise for a search engine it's pretty good. And the blurb was accurate enough even though it didn't take into account stuff I did when I started my current handle back in the day.
  7. Well, it's something... I managed to make a BS model of the antenna system for the ECM pod for the Insertion/Sniper MH-92s. I don't know why the code is showing two entries, but I guess it's just from the kitbashing I am doing for the code.. Anyway, it shows up automatically with the MH-92 (Insertion/Sniper), and I just need to get the code right so it's only one entry, which should be it. I'm loath to add the radar pod and such because I don't know how it works yet, and well, the aircraft has a radar system already installed, so no need for it I don't think. But it is removable in case the mission doesn't require jamming, if how it works (I don't know, I haven't seen much of any documentation on it, other than it's present on the DAP helos).
  8. One thing I'm doing with the MH-92 (Insertion/Sniper) is adding an ECM pod to the mix, giving it some protection against at least the Tigris, and other modded radar systems. It's a work in progress, as I have to figure out the pod stuff and config setup for the system. I have a general model in mind, and would work with the helicopter, but figuring out how to implement it in code is the kicker. It's not a pressing matter, the proxy is setup for it, and does show in the Pylons Settings menu, just nothing to use it yet.
  9. Okay was messing with the Mk200 (default AAF LMG and FIA gun) and came up with some Boat Tail rounds for the one magazine type (actually four types, but yeah), so I added it to the Boat Tail mods (and the one for the Expeditionary Force version), and will upload Sunday, so: - Flanker562 Boat Tail Rounds - Flanker562 Boat Tail Rounds for the EF CDLC - Flanker562 Cherokee Containers
  10. This should help with the pilot sticking out of the plane, you need to put this file into the Objects/Pilots folder: FakePilot.7z
  11. Need to look into that GlobalEye, even though we ourselves need the E-7. I mean trying to keep the E-3s soldiering on is like... dumb. But maybe this will move to reality instead, but we'll see.
  12. Look, we don't need paintings, SCREENSHOTS lol
  13. Noticed that the Light Howitzer Container and such didn't have any networking ability, so I added datalink (the Cruise Missile Container had limited functionality, now it has full) code to the various containers that actually fire munitions, so the Cherokee Container mod at least will have it this Sunday, and the Helicopter Pack versions when that is uploaded. So for Sunday: - Flanker562 Cherokee Containers
  14. Other than a planned name list for the Taliban Fighters mod, I have no plans for mods this week. There's the Helicopter Pack, but that and the AH-1Z are dependent on the new patch, so once that comes out, I'll upload the two mods and that'll update the mod, as I have some of course fixes to the mods as well, despite patch issues and the like. Overall I think the mods are in a good spot, and pending any requests, I'll just take it easy, unless something like new capabilities come out for the 2.22 RC branch version.
  15. Again darkcode to the rescue, file folders have changed, so just overwrite when necessary, and delete the Flanker562_AIM120D folder. AIM-120B represents the D model, while the C model represents a C-8 version. He told me which edits to make, and uses a modded file for the missiles. Again learning how to do things around here... Download updated.
  16. Okay I think I may have figured things out. If I just increase the range, I get what I want, but inaccurate or worthless "AIM-120D" effect. I am still learning the system, and Darkcode is helping slightly, but once I get the missiles to work as intended, I'll release an update to the mod. I think Darkcode through more experience has got it working, but I need to figure out what works and what doesn't, so when a patch is released, I'm not swinging in the wind like I am now. This is my first foray into modding DCS (I do more work with another game), so growing pains for a simple missile mod is expected.
  17. A new episode of For Whom the Bell Tolls is posted, start anew or catch up: https://bit.ly/4tbZws0
  18. Flanker562 Taliban Fighters RC31 - Afghan units speak Persian instead of Greek, per a request
  19. As for Arma 3 work nothing has come to mind, most of the work has been done for the Flanker562 Helicopter Pack, and therefore kinda taking a "break" from the game (still playing it mind you) and doing the DCS stuff which you can read on my Discord. Anyway, no uploads for tomorrow so if you were expecting something... Well nothing has again popped up. I haven't gotten much feedback, so I assume things are copasetic and good. There's always something to do with my mods of course, but right now taking a break from killing it for a bit, why not? Anyway next week might have some stuff, but a reminder that gameplay finds bugs, and I'm sure some mission work will uncover some stuff mission-wise. I don't think the game formats for the specific game version, unless its just interactable stuff, so yeah, we'll see.
  20. So this the current issue. Right now the range shows but the engagement envelope is the same as the AIM-120B, so it "works", but doesn't work. I'm inputting Nightstorm's vallues to see if I can get the game to recognize the values, but I'm at a loss and need some help. A quick query to Darkcode and he said it's a bug of some sorts and had to rearm the jet. I didn't do a static rearm but I did redo the loadout in the Mission Editor. At this time I'll still tinker with it, but feel that if it's a bug that I can't fix, the current state is more or less borked until I can see if I can get the AIM-120Cs to fire at a longer distance. If that works I can just see what I can do on that front though, but feel I'm missing something in the lua that's causing this issue.
  21. Okay Darkcode showed me what he modified so I can do it myself, than depending on somebody to figure it out. I changed the file structure, as you have to replace the "aim120_family.lua" in the AircraftWeaponPack folder, and input your own values in order to make it work on your own. So whenever I get it working, I'll update the mod with a new file structure (still learning how to mod for DCS...) and so on, so tomorrow I'll be able to look at the modified file, and see if that allows me to work my magic, and update the mod. If not well I'll have to figure out something.
  22. Well, the latest patch borked the AMRAAMs, but they're more accurate AIM-120Bs for now. I don't know if they stealth-fixed the issue or if it's just recurring, but I'm getting with Darkcode for a possible fix for re-upload and an update. So for now, you've got real accurate AIM-120Bs at least, compared to the inaccurate version that is stock.
  23. Okay, right now things are cooking for RC203 with the 2.22 updates. I got the drop tanks squared away yesterday and have had little else to do other than work on what the new patch will bring. I'm staying with 2.22 until it goes live, so there's that. My server is still 2.20 since the latest patch hasn't come out yet. I'm worried about mission formatting, but I haven't seen any complaints yet about mission problems, so I guess it doesn't matter, as long as you have the right stuff for it. So I guess I'll work on more missions or something, unless a problem does crop up.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..