Jump to content

Stary

MODDER
  • Posts

    8,501
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    100

Everything posted by Stary

  1. wait, no one build Mossie of any sort since Pasko? DAT aside as not everyone has acess
  2. finally the Lim model put to good use?! does it have normal and specular maps?
  3. nice but... why do I get the feel it's starting to look like milking the series already?
  4. very nice, and yes looks like Jan Tuma's tiles were the base -on thing redoing tiles this way is one must be extra cautious to keep the tiles in match with the corresponding TODs population. Orherwise things might look off
  5. Stary

    Pearl Harbor

    funny thing is, and please forgive me all who love 1940s, 1950s "classics", this might be "classic" in 50 yrs is that wrong? Nott at all
  6. Stary

    New Composite 1

    you rock Geezer!
  7. Triffids... wait, wrong movie being able to detect anything in Oort cloud is still pretty impressive achievement
  8. Thank you Crusader for your constant improvements!
  9. good news, get rest man!
  10. I noticed flatspins on many occasions through past 10 years but those were stock FMs I suppose?
  11. welcome to the mad house
  12. Russo be VERY careful as using hte type of program like you show is a big NONO here but yeah I did similar tests ages ago in SF1 the top "sky cone" is the panels count in environment setting, the mesh is not lod but made by sim on the fly it seems at scene generation -heck I even tried texturing is with some high cirruses to no avail so far, the mapping gets all funky blunky
  13. Had a brief chat with Chief (Dave) about state of play yesterday but despite my occasional bitching/mostly silence I am still alive in case you were wondering... those shall make Do335 and the KAW folks happy
  14. excellent shots Beach! When you gid into the inis you realise how utterly limited our options are when it comes to the environment engine, so sadly some of the things I would like to have -like say old style cirrus layers- are hardly possible without either using sort of object usage "hacks" like Cellinsky mod or having really big chance of causing ugly graphical artifacts
  15. I won't reveal anything secret -as this was hinted at by Paul on Atlantc Fleet's FB page- by saying one of our goals is having cumulative real time global WW2 naval warfare strategy/simulation down the road. One of goals
  16. can't really add much to what was said, me too was anticipating P-40 sim from them based on that still pretty good engine; also yes shame as remake of MiG Alley would be much desired
  17. beeepobeeep

    1. JediMaster

      JediMaster

      R2? R2-D2 it is you, it IS you!

    2. Stary

      Stary

      beeeep bop bop

  18. as for mobile version yes, I too was getting pretty hot phone or tablet after some extended play time so Snailman you'd be happy to know the PC version doesn't overheat a thing and looks 100 percent better with the new ocean engine, updated self-shadowing ships' models and textures (including normalmaps) remade effects and overall polishing
  19. or prison or 1970s disco club with all the crazy outfits
  20. Just bought it in Early Access. Don't expect full game BUT -to me the biggest novelty and old school fun (and to an extend you can agrue it's Postal fun) in ages, basically drunken bar brawl with flying chairs, cues, bottles or whatever you can grab, mixed with detailed cartoony damage modelling and tons of cartoon violence. I am amazed by the simplicity and fun http://store.steampowered.com/app/337320/
  21. Ohhh it's alive?! Good good as it's still above the rest in some certain aspects
  22. Blaze95 I have played a bit PR the standalone version but there any newbie gets kicked out quickly
  23. Uhhh clarification - I meant "German and French" as in native language speaking players and es tut mir leid mein Deutsch kein perfect meine Herren
  24. EA as in early access, not Electronic Farts Picked this one up yesterday, anyone plays it? Seems interesting already, sort of alternative to Arma series (but no vehicles so far that I notices) and Insurgency, men that one went down fast. Downside -mostly German or French players servers and bit too high ping for me, your mileage will vary. Player sides divide into organized fire teams, with up to 50-70 players per map For me it has that original OPF/Resistance vibe to it (that Arma lost around A2) with the general battlefield (sounds, effects, environemt impact) having bit of @SLX mod feel to it. Some might find it interesting http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..