Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Which type of song?

what kind of music the people here like ?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. what you like listen?

• Rap/Hip hop
    • Rock/Punk
    • Country
    • Heavy metal and derivations(Thrash, prog and etc..)
    • Disco
    • Pop
    • Regional music(really regional, not imported and sing in language)
    • Trance/Eletronic music
    • Classic music(Bethoven and etc..)
    • Blues, R&B
    • Jazz
    • i don care with type, just want have fun/ like all
  2. 2. and how much time you listen music in one day?

• didnt heard frequently
    • 10-30 mins
    • 30mins-1 hour
    • 2 hours-3 hours
    • 3 Hours- 4 hours
    • 4 Hours-5 hours
    • Lost the count!
    • dont pay attention for the time when heard

hi all!

this is a new poll about what type of music the people of CA likes listening ;)

if you like some group, singer or band put the name in the comments ;)

I didn't vote because I really didn't find my category. Blues and Rock with a little Metal now and then. Also like acoustic guitar music of all kinds. Who do I listen to? Clapton, Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Allman Bros., SRV, Neil Young. I've been listening to them since they were new. :wink: I like a lot of the newer Rock bands but I have no idea who they are. :biggrin:

Awww... C'mon! I can't be the only person who digs 70s disco, hip hop and electronica?! :biggrin: :biggrin:

You forgot to add an "other" tab to the list for people whose favourite style is something else than the items on the list - I'm a soundtrack fan, but still I voted on metal and electronic, although I listen to everything except folclore and the likes...

As for how much music I hear, it's hard to tell, when I'm at the PC at home I normally listen to MP3s or CDs, whilst I normally recharge my Ipod around twice a week...

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Rock and Heavy metal, although there are some songs from other types that i like.

As for time, i don't know.

Band that i like?

Iron Maiden, ACDC, Joe Satriani and a couple more.

Edited by Wolf65

I usually listen to everything but country/western or hiphop. Classic rock (zeppelin, the who, pink floyd) is big on my iPod, but lately I've started getting into some of the new British Pop/punk bands (Artic Monkeys, Libertines,Kaiser Chiefs) and some US alternative rock/punk (White Stripes, Dropkick Murphey's, Black Keys, Killers). I'll also listen to some acoustic stuff depending on my mood.

I love oldies, rock, some of what some people consider "pop" (although I usually don't), some soundtracks, and a smattering of classic disco.

Lots of those categories, however, I never touch!

I like both kinds. Country AND Western!

:rofl:

actually not, but couldn't pass up the straight line.........!

Rock of sorts. Not a big fan of metal or punk rock though.

Favorite is Carlos Santana, and some trashy thug with #$%& noise came along with the same last name, and if I don't specify carlos, people think I like that cRap. Hendrix, steppenwolf, the stones, CCR, pink floyd. Most of what I like is fairly old, most newer music is utterly talentless noise, at best a repetative beat and maybe rythym. No flow, no melody, no inspiration or soul to it. A few exceptions, like 311, slightly stoopid and a few others, but they're mixed and inconsistent. they don't have the timelessness of the greats.

Your a moderator...edit the poll...hehe

this is a really good idea!

add to options "Other" and "Jazz/Blues"

Everything from 1930 to present day! Particular eras are 40's, 50's, some 60's and 70's, heaps of 80's, some 90's, not much but some of today's stuff.

A short list of my favorite artists and groups...

Vera Lynn, Deam Martin, Edith Piaf, Julie London (yes, the nurse from the 1970's show, "Emergency!". She was also a good singer in the 50's), Etta Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, The Platters, Tony Bennett, Matt Monro, Andy Williams, Brenda Lee

Nina Simone, CTA (A.K.A. Chicago), Sergio Mendez and Brazil 66, Roy Orbison, Engelbert Humperdinck (Funny name, but some of his stuff I like)

Beach Boys, Al Jolson, Patsy Cline, Vic Damone, Jonnie Francis, Lettermen, Herman's Hermits, The Ventures

The Supremes, Petula Clark (Yes: "DOWNTOWN!"), Patti Page, Doris Day, Roger Whitaker, James Taylor

Lulu, Dr Hook, Mark Knopfler, Kenny Rogers, Tammy Wynnette

Deborah Kerr (Okay, yes she's an actress, and a legendary one at that, but she can also sing and plays the piano too! I love her hehe!)

Reba McIntyre, Santana, Anne Murray, Helen Reddy, The Hollies, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Queen, Tori Amos

Portishead, Living Colour, Hall and Oates, Split Enz, The Jets, Gloria Estefan, Metallica, Enigma

Martina McBride (especially that song "Valentine"), Scritti Politti

Spandau Ballet, Tears For Fears, Peter Brown (I always play the song "They only come out at night" when I'm flying strike in the A-6 at night LOL!)

Roberta Flack, New Order ,Joe Jackson (I'm in a dogfighting mood everytime I hear his classic song "Stepping Out"!)

Donna Summer, Swing Out Sister, Marcella Detroit (from Shakespear Sister), Maroon 5, Ben Folds, PM Dawn, George Benson

Laura Branigan, Pointer Sisters, Diana Krall, Katie Melua, Secret Garden

...Okay, maybe not a short list hehe!

Edited by Fates

Where's Industrial music? :wink: No, that's not electronic and definitely not rock... Strictly speaking that's not music but still it has to be somewhere. :biggrin:

Some examlpes of this slow creepy thingie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ukMn0eWLQ - No vid except for caption. :mellow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gW7VYQSqVQ - The worms at the beginning may be kinda... :bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUHCl4TUdTA - The most weird "tribal" dance you'll ever see.

P.S. Yes, I'm a strange person. :grin:

I like classic rock (50's & 60's), Classic metal (70's thru hair metal of 80's) early Grudge (Nirvana, Alice in Chains) some of today's Metal (Godsmack, Kitte, Distrubed). However I am listening to Nightwish. They have a unique sound. Their now-ex lead was a classical opera trained singer. Her vocals is amazing in the songs. The music & songs reminds me of Dio and the Dream Theater. Alot of the songs have a medevial theme ie Dio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6M19uaDaJE (vid of "Wish I Had an Angel")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-WPtVAAxUE...ted&search= (live vid of "Planet Hell")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcKqayUNts0...ted&search= (vid of "Bless the Child")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJcq6jvlHdU&NR=1 (live vid of one of my fav songs from them "Deep Silent Complete")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGt47PuXUuY&NR=1 (live vid of a bad ass song "Kinslayer")

(new vid of their new lead Annette - "Amaranth")

About their new lead, she's alright but her vocals, IMHO, isn't as strong as their original lead Tarja. Tarja's was very unique for a metal band.. Anyway that's the music I like.

Falcon

PS. Nightwish is from Finland.

Edited by FalconCAF

Sonata Arctica (says it all.. no? :) they are Metal Band (various types of it.. heavy, prog,melodic)

DragonForce (they have good songs you should listen to them too...)

Nickleback

Linkin Park

RHCP

and more (some R&B, Rock...)

I grew up in the 80s with all the great heavy metal. I Like everything from Elvis to Motley Crue and Kiss to Megadeth and Slayer. Lately i have been listening to Nickelback and Hendrix the most. I even listen to some country like Hank Jr. and Johnny Cash.

Guess i am showing my age huh? :biggrin:

Jazz and Blues, mostly, but I have an eclectic taste in pop. I care less about the artist these days than whether I just like the music or not.

Listen to streaming jazz and jazz mp3s most of the time I'm at work.

I like Hearts of Space (google it) for its very interesting musical offerings.

Edited by kirbykern

i think im they only fan of nordic metal here xDDD

who like Seventh wonder, Circus maximus, Helloween and Blind Guardian?

\o\

also i like Van Halen, Bon Jovi ,Dream Theater, KISS,RHCP,Slayer,BB King and others i have lost the count xDD

Edited by Silverbolt

Awww... C'mon! I can't be the only person who digs 70s disco, hip hop and electronica?! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yes another person that likes good music. Give me old school Hip-hop, electro, b-boy music, funk, classic r&b, and some good ole metal over this MTV/BET crap they play over the radio and on tv.

Today any no talent bum can get a record deal as long as they "act" like a thug or dress like a $2 stripper.

Dream Theater= is good

Dragon Force= Insane guitar but all the songs sound very similar

Dream Theater= some of the best songs I have ever heard and they are not limited to one genre. Definatly listen to these guys. They have something for all rock fans. Classical hard metal industrail alternative instrumental

In Flames= good head bangong music

Children of Bodom+same as in flames but better guitar

Haggard= Mix classical with rock

hehe

but Try listen Circus maximus and Seventh wonder, beautifull and good songs, sometimes i think is better dream theater xDD

but just some times!

is there no rival to Systematic chaos, this is a great albun

Wow, many people like Metal, I like that :biggrin:

Now although I like more different types of music(from classical, jazz, rock to newer electronic(I put everything played without instruments here) music.

However Metal is what I really like and spend most time listening.

Some of the bands I would like to mention are Panthera, Dream Theater(ofcourse), SymphonyX, Iced Earth, Lost Horizon and ArchEnemy(pure evil with awsome music :biggrin: ) there are many more but theese are either oldies that never ware off or current favourites...

Easy Listening and House Music is my fav. Big fan of John Tesh, Osmonds, Gwar, and Kenny GGG unit.

Easy Listening and House Music is my fav. Big fan of John Tesh, Osmonds, Gwar, and Kenny GGG unit.

Alrighty mods, we've got our first John Tesh fan. I'll keep an eye on this one, you guys secure the exits. Jedi, keep your mind open. Where there's a Tesh fan, there's a Sith Lord.We'll find him if he's around here somewhere... Where's PaulN with the chloroform??

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: