Sign in to follow this  
Dave

OMG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I went to unplug my wife's laptop and move it and my god did I get a shock. My entire right arm is numb. My hand hurts like hell. I have no idea why I got shocked but sheesh this hurts.

Might want to think about calling a doctor. And maybe the laptop manufacture.

Did you have on a watch? or grip the prongs of the cable while pulling it out.

In any case something might be wrong with the cable's shielding and YOU NEED TO GO TO A DOCTOR NOW!

Might want to think about calling a doctor. And maybe the laptop manufacture.

Pls consult a doctor,don't wait!Could've put you into shock pal!Then,Consult with the manufacture...or land shark [lawyer].Pls,don't wait..aleast call a doctor.

I'm guessing your ground wire in the receptacle is off or the ground in your laptop is broken. See electrician!

I went to unplug my wife's laptop and move it and my god did I get a shock. My entire right arm is numb. My hand hurts like hell. I have no idea why I got shocked but sheesh this hurts.

Sounds bad - ive read about people getting shocked/killed when having their mobile phones plugged in(not sure how true or why)- although ive no idea what damage 110Volts direct from the mains would actually do if you received that much. Over here its about 220V-240V so I know what that means.

Oh I am fine, I have been shocked worse than this. When I was working in missile maintenance, I hooked up a coupling for a power unit that was supposed to have no power on the line. Well it did. Threw me 15 ft into the fence. Yeah that I had to see the doctor for. Right now my hand just hurts a bit. The power pack is dead though. The laptop is like 3 1/2 years old now so maybe this is just the case of it the power pack dying. Have to get a new power pack.

Oh I am fine, I have been shocked worse than this. When I was working in missile maintenance, I hooked up a coupling for a power unit that was supposed to have no power on the line. Well it did. Threw me 15 ft into the fence. Yeah that I had to see the doctor for. Right now my hand just hurts a bit. The power pack is dead though. The laptop is like 3 1/2 years old now so maybe this is just the case of it the power pack dying. Have to get a new power pack.

very strange that the power pack would short out like that. Surprised it didn't detonate.

Shocked myself a few times with my laptop power supply, must have some massive capacitors in the rectifier. Also shocked myself a few times off the UK's 240VAC supply, not as bad as you'd think.

hope your okay...

but something funny happened to "me" similar to this

the officer that came with me to the guard duties last week (the guy with the Mac)

told me to be careful when i unplug the computer from the outlet

2 seconds later he unplugs it himself and get zapped :rofl:

Edited by Nesher

very strange that the power pack would short out like that. Surprised it didn't detonate.

I dunno what brand he was using, but if it is a Dell...

All I can say is right now have another Inspiron sitting in the corner collecting dust because the battery cells are dead, the power cable has shorted out, and the a/c power jack on the mother board is done. One of many...

I dunno what brand he was using, but if it is a Dell...

All I can say is right now have another Inspiron sitting in the corner collecting dust because the battery cells are dead, the power cable has shorted out, and the a/c power jack on the mother board is done. One of many...

As matter of fact it is a Dell Inspiron.

First of all, Dave, you need to come clean and tell us all the truth. We know that you're a long-time Billy Idol fan, and that you've often expressed admiration for his "Spike" haircut.

I'm of the opinion that you were attempting to find an easy way to achieve the "Billy Idol" look, when you just happened to notice that wall outlet, and.....

First of all, Dave, you need to come clean and tell us all the truth. We know that you're a long-time Billy Idol fan, and that you've often expressed admiration for his "Spike" haircut.

I'm of the opinion that you were attempting to find an easy way to achieve the "Billy Idol" look, when you just happened to notice that wall outlet, and.....

MONY MONY....MONY MONY.....wish we had a Billy Idol emotioncon....

All we have are Dell's and we've never had a serious issue like that! I've got one laptop that has a dead battery, but that's it. And considering how much abuse I've put this laptop through for 3 years, (travels the country, stuffed into various aircraft, pulled Gs, exposed to pressures and temps at FL 390, dropped, rained on, ran on aircraft power sources, etc)...it's never left me stranded so to speak.

FastCargo

Thats so wrong...

BUT SOO FUNNY

Like the "dont show off" vid on youtube

or the "baby gets kicked by breakdancer" vid also on youtube

or the "husband plays prank on wife" vid that everyone knows of

Ya know, maybe it's because of that new MOBO you got. The laptop got angry 'cause there's now a new "mother" in the house, got jealous, and took it out on you. It wants you Dave, it wants you all to it's self.

Sounds like a creepy B rated movie.

Couple of days ago my spike gaurd started hissing and sparking, and smoking!

My girl screamed. I screamed(I had justed plugged my laptop in).

Balls in my mouth,I just hit the main switch.

Then my girlfriend goes into a paranoid frenzy to see if her laptop power cable was working(wasnt even plugged in).Her reasoning was that it was in close proximity to the bitchy spike protector.

Reminds me of this Kashmiri friend I had who washed an electric toaster under running water and then plugged it in- all while I told him he was absolutely insane.( also gives an insight into the kind of gun-toting terrorists our fellows have to deal with in the mountains)

Dave and you still don't know where the MoBo came from? :biggrin:

Hope your OK though.

Jesus man, rub some dirt on it and get back to work. It's standard 120v possibly 10-15A house current. We didn't even turn that breaker off to remod a home. :idea:

Jesus man, rub some dirt on it and get back to work. It's standard 120v possibly 10-15A house current. We didn't even turn that breaker off to remod a home. :idea:

Eric that explains a great many things about you..... :blink::biggrin:

Ya know, maybe it's because of that new MOBO you got. The laptop got angry 'cause there's now a new "mother" in the house, got jealous, and took it out on you. It wants you Dave, it wants you all to it's self.

Sounds like a creepy B rated movie.

"Just what do you think you're doing, Dave? Dave, I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question."