Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Favorite Mods, Aircraft of 2008

I was thinking, here is a list of my favorite mods and aircraft of 2008. What was yours?

Favorite Planes:

F-101 series by Erikgen

RF-4C and F-8's by TMF

Bobrocks Harrier

My favorite mods I worked on with a team:

F-22 by Dels

F-101 by Erikgen

Favorite Terrain mods:

TREES MAN TREES!!!!! CA_Stary and Deuces

Newcoming mod team of the year goes to the:

German Modder Group

2 outstanding planes, the Sabres and the ThunderFLASH.

Newcomers of the Year.

Veltro2K and Klavs41.

Veltros stuff....look at the list, its pretty long.

Klavs F-35, simply oustanding.

But the hard part would be, what is THE plane or mod of 2008? Pick only 1. There can be only 1! So this should give you all something to think about on this Monday morning post holiday hangover. I will reveal my pick later.

and the Thunderstreak.

Thunderflash.... :biggrin:

Thunderflash.... :biggrin:

That too. :lol:

My favourite mods:

F-14DI Crazy Hatchet

F-15SG Strike Eagle.

At least because I've learned quite a number of stuff about modding. Plus this is the first time that I have actually DID something.

Definately Enrico's (& team) F-101B - very accurate outline and details, nice accurate cockpit, nice touches like drag chute, nice flight model, nice mapping job to make repaints easy - hands down, no contest!

Although the other Voodoo models are well done also...

Mike D.

F-35

Yah I fly the SH alot, but waiting for a better version to fly in two weeks

Best Terrain:

Black Sea

ANW Rebuild.

F-35

Yah I fly the SH alot, but waiting for a better version to fly in two weeks

Best Terrain:

Black Sea

ANW Rebuild.

My fav is on your Sig. Superbug!!!

About a terrain, i like gepards Israel the most

My F-22 Raptor with the 2.52 weapon pack and Black Sea Terrain. I used to have Siberian Sky but the FPS was dying everytime I lit a tactical nuclear weapon off. I switched back to stock. I also have all the enhanced explosions packs.

I was thinking about adding to this thread...but to be honest I am having a hell of a time thinking of my favorites.everything mentioned so far is deserving of being on a "best" list and about 20 other things too.2008 was a great year for our community and one can only hope the the people eho brought us these goodies will continue to be inspired in 2009 and treat us to these excellent addons.On a side note it was nice to see some old faces that have been long absent make an apperencor contributions and So many new people make some really good contributions.I can honestly say that the SFP1 legacy will continue on for many years to come.thanks to you all.

well....

honestely i have no idea

all mods were f***ing awesome!

Craig's Typhoon, the gripen, the Amoflook's 2000,Bobrock's AV-8 And Tornado and offcourse the ID(IO)T team job! the 339 by Maurizio,Bobrock and Aleks....

and damn all were awesome

btw, we can't forget the china guys those that bring tons of sino weapons :D

I cant choose :blink: . To many outstanding Aircrafts has been done last year :good::good::good::good::good:

I cant choose :blink: . To many outstanding Aircrafts has been done last year :good::good::good::good::good:
I agree, and the effects mods are ridiculous(CA_Stary) All the Great Rhinos,(wrench)and weapons(Fast Cargo) and weapons pack

(CA Community) man my list goes on and on! Thank you ALL that have made these sims the best on the planet!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I really have to agree on this one, yeah I named some stuff, but overall the selection and amount of effort was great... :good:

It was a pretty good year overall, patch changes to .ini's confusion notwithstanding. :wink:

Yeah, it's a cop-out, but I really can't point at any one mod and say "that one's better" than so many of the others.

Remember our "Christmas in November" with the deluge of new releases ? When you stop to think about it, 2008 was a banner year, and the modders themselves have constantly kept raising the bar. The work being released "as a matter of course" nowadays is simply superb.

The Voodoo's are a work of art, but so is Skippy's Wyvern, Bobrocks AV-8 and just about anything else. I've spent more time in the MF's F-8's than anybody should expend on a computer - and everytime I go into external view I still think "Man... this is beautiful work!".

Terrains - it's almost like we can fly anywhere we want today - and like Dave said at the begining, TREES!!!! And not to forget the folks who keep creating interesting and varied ways we can get shot down with new SAM's, missles, and even better looking tracer...

So instead of saying "I like this better than everything else" I have to say "I can't believe we're lucky enough to enjoy a hobby where so many people sweat blood and tears for my enjoyment - AND FOR FREE!" So I'd say my fav for 2008... the Modders themselves... Period.

SB

For a plane F-101B VOODOO

My vote goes to the Voodoo!!!!

Or anything Veltro2K tossed in..................

I'm voting for the Voodoo!

cheers

Are we ever going to have a community awards. I mean, we are large enough for it.

I CAN'T ANSWER THIS!!!!!!!