Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

The Works In Progress Thread

Ok, folks here we're going to have a listing of "What In the Works" ... things coming down the pipeline for us all to enjoy.

So guys, go ahead and list what terrains or terrain mods are being worked on (or re-worked), new aircraft, ground objects (including buildings, ships, vehicles, etc)

Even though there is a whole sub-forum for Missions and Campaigns, I think just a quick little note saying if any new ones of those are being made, can also be listed. Just don't go overboard! :biggrin:

The primary purpose of this thread to let everyone know what's going on; for the most part those projects that can be shown to the General Public ™. I know there a LOT of stuff going on behind the scenes at the various Modding Facilites, some of which are classifed, and not for public examination until release.

Keep the discussion ONLY on the topic -- any and all comments that detract from showing what's WIP will be deleted INSTANTLY -- there's too much unnecessary BS in too many threads (best example: the screenshot thread) that derail the intent and purpose of the thread.

This is the only warning you'll recieve on this matter. So don't get tweeked-off when your post vanishes.

Pictures are fine, and keep this to 3rd Wire sims only.

Wrench

kevin stein

Right then ... I'll get the ball rolling with some of the things I've been working on. Mind you, even I forget what I'm doing sometimes...

SoCal rebuild

Iran/Iraq rebuld

Mariana Islands

Hawaii (ie: Pearl Harbor)

Solomon Islands rebuild -again! waiting for tropical trees from Deuces

Korea

at some point:

Kashmir targetization

ASW retiling -not likely for a long time, but being considered

skins:

6 skin & decal sets each for Zero, Kate, Val for Pearl Harbor & Midway

various and sundry small aircraft mods

Wrench

kevin stein

Airbases:

MCAS Yuma

NAS Fallon

AFFTC Det 3

Nellis AFB

MCAS Miramar

Travis AFB

March AFB

Edwards AFB

Air Force Plant 42

Aircraft:

Vampire FB.5

F-102 - Mapping

Skins:

3rdW A-10 repaint

MiG-21bis (Pasko's)

P.S. Great idea Wrench!

Edited by JimmyBib

I have:

Swordfish ~80% done

Also some FSX stuff that may get converted to WoX:

Buccaneer S1/S2

HMS Victorious, four versions

OK this is my list:

Basically done:

EquadorPeru terrain but mostly tileset - not in my hands,it's Saguanay82's baby

BoB terrain repaint only - sent for testing etc...

WiP:

Balkans Terrain - WiP - 40% and that's only terrain+tiles, will need to request help when I finish my part

Afganistan repaint only - WiP - 80%

New Korea terrain - teamwork with CA_Stary & Wrench, my part mostly done, due to major mishap awaiting "new awakening"

at some point when time permits and I finish above projects:

1. BlackSea repaint

2. Taiwan straits repaint

3. Germany and Vietnam updates

EDIT: added more details as others...

Edited by Brain32

Main Projects

1.) F-35A - mesh building: aircraft- 70% / cockpit: 0%; Issues: priority projects pending; Date of release: Unknown

2.) AH-64A - mesh building: aircraft - 100% and unwrapped / cockpit: 10%; Issues: Finding a helicopter FM guru / 3D max locking up causing loss of work; Date of release: Unknown

3.) F-117 - mesh building: aircraft - 1% / cockpit: 0%; Issues: Is 2ndary priority to AH-64A; Date of release: Unknown

Side Projects

1.) .ini tweaking on stock and 3rd party aircraft; Issues: Ends up being a whole day project, causing occasional headaches; Date of release: Random

2.) Anything else that would be a quick cool mod to make while I'm battling with 3D max; Issues: None except for unexpected time lapse due to unusual fixation to get the mods working right; Date of release: Random

Edited by serverandenforcer

I'm not a real modder but, I have a list.

Aircraft:

More Yugoslav MiGs:MiG-21F-13, PFM, M, updates to MF and MiG-29. Possibly bis.

F-5A-2000 (will also do F-5B-2000 when the F-5B is released)

Nation specific aircraft (too many to name of the top of head)

F-16-79 (need to talk to Fast Cargo)

QF-4E (multiple types)

Mitsubishi F-2B

Campaigns: (if they can be shown) Also, fracking Nodes are what's stopping me from releasing one of them...(help!)

Red Lightning: Norway (need WOE)

1990s or 2000s Russian invasion of Ukraine/Turkey (need WOE)

1950s Spanish/Morrocan conflict

Malvinas 2000

Italy, USAF, USN(?) against Libya...still not sure about it.

Something involving Yugoslavia (waiting for map)

Something in Africa

Dhimar/ Paran conflics

Greece against something

Terrain:

Was trying to turn America North West into the mountainous part of Poland (need WOE again)

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Lexx is sorting the AJ-32 Lansen FM and I've still got some things to do with it.

Will eventually change the 3D model to a B model as well.

Have a Yak-19 that needs to be skinned and has a problem with the one landing gear.

Been tinkering with the Rockwell/North American version of the FX (F-15)

My work schedule is all jacked up so I haven't had time to work on any of the above in quite a while...

Iraqi AF ODS Mod-Released

Modern What If OTC Campaign-Awaiting the update of the mod, then will start this project.

Various aircraft skins, for WIP aircraft not released yet

Modern Iran-Iraq/USA Campaign with JA-37Viggen-WIP

Edited by Jarhead1

Ok, so here it is:

Higher priority:

1.Curtiss Hawk model 75A cockpit -75% done, setting up gauges, need canopy rework and glass+reflections meshes, release date unknown

2.P-40B cockpit- 20% complete, based on Hawk 75A cockpit progress, need major mesh modifications/texture work, release after the above

3.generic realistic effects pack First Eagles/WW2 oriented -about 30% done, it's very time-consuming, release date unknown

Lower priority:

4.New Korea terrain(by Brain32 & Wrench) -need trees height/shape/color corrections, city tiles to be populated, other members progress dependent

5.Spring/Summer seasons for WOE -using tods from winter and fall versions, need new graphics

6.EAW Euro (modern) by Wrench -tileset bugs tweaks -currently on hold due to lack of working texture list

7.various city buildings -digged up from the abbys, need proper collisionmeshes

Here are some very rough works.

All SFP1/WoE/WoV compatible

Terrain

Centra - 1000km area including basically American Northeast and a part of Canada. Uses stock SFP1 tiles

Airfields

Three fictional "blue" airfields with accompanying airfield lights. Uses comrpnt's Airfield Lights.

Target Areas

Basically some infantry company / battalion sized areas (I am no Wrench when it comes to his masterful targets)

Campaign

Centra - Begins in 1967. Fictional North Centra occupies Monogohelia Territory. South Centra requests US assistance and goes on offensive to expel N Centra and Soviet forces. (Same problem as JA 37 Viggen, cant figure out what is causing a stream error message on the nodes while using DCE (Dynamic Campaign Editor))

Keep this to WIP ONLY. No other comments needed.

My WIP's

F-111's

Model complete by FC

Skin complete by JAT

Decals and additional skins by me.

B-1B (Early and late)

Model complete by Dels

Skins complete JimmyBib and NFG

Decals and skin tweaks by Storm and myself

Waiting on FM from Fuarb512

B-1R

Waiting on model from Dels

Ini work by dwcace

Decals and ini work by me.

DS Mod

Waiting on FM, decals and avionics re-do for a plane. (Shooting for a Friday 30 Jan release)

F-107

FC and I are working on a F-107C. (its going to be one bad mutha)

B-52G/H (early and late)

Model complete by Dels

Skins, decals etc work by JSF_Aggie, Pappychecksix and myself.

Personal side projects:

48th TFW F-4D decal work for all 70 aircraft assigned to the wing.

My small contribution, in a seemingly endless series of small add-on parts for the F-4 in the WOV series: New USAF Phantom II intermediate pylons, AIM-4D Falcon rails and more detailed AIM-9 rails (short mount and with the 3-inch extensions).

Mike D.

Terrains:

All-in-one GermanyCE terrain compilation (includes CA_stary seasons, Brain32 tiles, JSF_aggies road bases, etc)

Aircraft:

F-107 - Updates, plus F-107C. Model tweaking needed, then off to Dave for paint and decals.

T-38A/B and F-5B - Skins and decals needed.

F-5F and Sagheah - FM tweaks and decals needed. Skins by pappychksix and EricJ.

F-35 - Minor tweaks needed for FM (AI) and final skins/decals needed for B and C model.

XF-103 - Skin and lights tweaks needed.

F-111 - Minor tweaks (slimers and lights for all models).

F/A-18E/F/G - Modeling still WIP. EricJ skins, JAT skins and FM, Dave decals.

SF-400 - Skins and decals...FM tweaks.

FC

Heres a few things I have going....some are older stuff,that I do intend to complete asap...3 are being finalised now...others pending...

these btw are a small selection of all the things on my to do list...lol

job2.jpg

job1.jpg

Some GMG projects are on their way.

but, I´m actually working on a couple of skins for these bird (Model by Marcelo)

Im still awaiting to see of marc corrects the mapping problem with the flanker...as theres stretching on fuselage top.....anty ideas?...as I have a few skins that be done with the stretching..

Skins:

335th TFS throughout the years (in other words, F-4Es of the 335th TFS from SEA to Hill, rework of some of the other skins out there), getting the serials right.

SEA I would use mppd's (would ask for permission).

Euro and Hill are rework of Sundowner's (would ask for permission).

img00007vg5.jpg

Edited by kct

RAFF-111A01.jpg

A quick and dirty RAF F-111A (as opposed to an F-111K) for SF2.

Oh, and I might do a Super Sabre FGA.2 which has the inflight refuelling probe re-instated for those long deployments to Dhimar :wink: or even 'Nam

(Cheltenham)

Edited by Spinners

As we know

Su-27/30 Familly

F-15E Pit

J-10 J-11B?

Mirage2000C/2000-5 Update

And:

Maybe:Rafale C,Fullback,Viper E/F pit,F-22Pit,New J-7E/G?

Buccaneer ! Great idea!

I am available to help with the lighting. I can research and fix the .INI files for lighting on any aircraft. Not much to offer, but it may save a modder with a model near completion some painful hours. Probably the wrong thread to mention this, so sue me.

(I've left the comment post in, as Jug's work with lighting is a critical to the enjoyment of night flying :biggrin: )

Edited by Wrench

Flying Dragon WIPs:

A-4N conversion kit

assorted F-16A skins (Lebanon '82)

Vautour skins

F/A-18E/F/G - Modeling still WIP. EricJ skins, JAT skins and FM, Dave decals.

Not to steal your thunder brother, but also:

Column5 - Permission to adapt the A Hornet textures

Jarhead1- Beta Tester.

Superior work man, it's just beautiful :good:

Hi guys, i have started a Sweden/Finland/Russia map, (hence the questions) Been ongoing for around 6-8 months. Just learning, so might take a while. U know life happens and stuff.

Also working on campaign for map. Around '83 when Russia got sprung spying on the Swed's. Whiskey class sub ran aground near Sundsvall. Viggens and Drakens versus Floggers and Fishbeds. Wish me luck.

Guest pfunkmusik

TERRAINS

Black Sea v2.0 for WOE

Med Sea v1.0 for WOI

Revised Dhimar/Paran Terrain v1.0 for SF2

Far East v1.0 for WOE

CAMPAIGNS

Operation Emerald for WOE - 1992 effort by Communist hardliners to retake Ukraine (est. completion March 09)

Operation Garnet for WOI - 1993 EU response to Arab Maghreb Union terrorism campaign and military takeover of Tunisia (est completion June 09) This one will be badass...

Operation Ruby for WOE - 2009 Ukraine vs. Russia - 'Gas Wars' over new deposits found in Black Sea (est. completion unknown)

Operation Jasper and Castle Garden for SF2 - 1957 and 1983 campaigns over the nations of Dhimar and Paran (est. completion July 09)

The Promise of Joy - 2010 campaign over the Far East after a nuclear exchange between Soviet Union and China.

With the demise of MSFS you could say I'm going all-in on the ThirdWire series.

Mods: This thread begs to be made a sticky so we can give regular updates on progress.

First update, seven cities remaining to be retargetized on the Black Sea map and it will be released as part of the Operation Emerald campaign.

pfunk

Edited by pfunkmusik