Sign in to follow this  
Hokum

Has anyone done a Buccaneer for tw sims?

lol...don't you dare !

How about a yellow, "polka dottet" Bucc with a Syrinx noseart? :biggrin:

I have planned to have 3 different versions of the external model. An early S.Mk.2 with closer arranged weapon stations and the early wingtips, the S.Mk.2B capable to use Martel missiles (wider weapon stations) and the S.Mk2.B wich were used in Operation Granby (Desert Storm) equipped with permanent Chaff and Flare dispensers.

I hope to get a set of skins done. An Fleet Air Arm skin, a green/grey RAF camo and the desert pink one with accurate nose-arts. Of course layered Templates will be included! :wink:

Wow! With all those different models, everybody's favourite flavour of bucc will be taken care of! Fantastic news!

SB

How about a yellow, "polka dottet" Bucc with a Syrinx noseart? :biggrin:

Perhaps we should have a Syrinx nose art competition! lol :biggrin:

(Warning: This post contains cliches)

Having a Buccaneer of any description will be fantastic and having three S.2 variants is the icing on the cake. I'm over the moon!

I'd like to thank Russo for his generosity and also thank everyone at the GMG for picking up the ball and running with it.

Superb teamwork!

Incidentally, there was some strong West German interest in the Buccaneer and I've heard it said that it was the UK governments lack of interest in further development of the Buccaneer that put the Bonn government off. I guess I'm hinting that the GMG would be quite entitled to do a Marineflieger 'what if' that actually has an air of authenticity.

Oh, nice idea Spinners, I second that idea, MarineFlieger Buc's would have been so much better than F-104 (which was such an odd choice mission-wise, even though it made political and economical sense).

I bet, if there had been a further development with new avionics AND the german government would have taken a few Bucc´s, the Tornado program would had never been started. Therefor it would be logic in a "what if" world, there would not only be Marineflieger equipped with this, but also Luftwaffe.

In that case the famous phrase could have get true: "The only suitable replacement aircraft for the Buccaneer is another Buccaneer."

Skin is still WIP, no decals and some points need to be adjusted.

But i bet she will find her way in one or the other ODS install once! :biggrin:

Wow... Looking better every day!

I can't wait to get my hands on this baby...I'll have to try my own hand at making some RN skins...

SB

Skin is still WIP, no decals and some points need to be adjusted.

But i bet she will find her way in one or the other ODS install once! :biggrin:

Splendid Kite!

I just may have to start flying in the 1990s

:ph34r: CL

Any news? It's been two weeks ;)

Banana's.....

Just to get me into the mood just bought Phoenix Squadron... its about Bucc's and the old Ark Royal back when we had a real Aircraft Carrier...

for those in the UK its £13.99 hardback from WH Smiths... some great pictures as well...

Russo´s Bucc Model is currently getting a new UVW mapping to allow High-Res Skins by ravenclaw. I´m currently mapping the pit instruments and fiddling around getting the rest modeled (wich is LOT of work, because i will add the option to switch between front and rear seat!) :wink:

Remind, this is for the SMk.2B used in Gulf War, the earlier versions will be converted out of this one. We don´t need to build from scratch, but they will need also time (indeed more then 2 weeks)! :biggrin:

(wich is LOT of work, because i will add the option to switch between front and rear seat!) :wink:

SWEET! :yahoo:

i´m still working on the panel lines and the rivets but some noseart is already there , still a long way to go

XW533 Miss Jolly Roger

XX885 Hello Sailor , Caroline

XX901 The Flying Mermaid

Edited by ravenclaw_007

how long???? standard 2 weeks???????????

looking good though in fact very good....

The nose-art is great but the modelling of the pilots and ejection seats looks fantastic.

LloydNB

GMG is raising the bar!

To keep the old Banana line going any new Pics or any news ???

Or is it still 2 Weeks???? :lol: