Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Some of us that left, never really left. We are just very very quiet.

Cheers lou, all the best.

Speedski

Lou, many thanks for all your contributions. Your absence saddens me already. Maybe take a short leave? Anyway I wish you all the best. You do us Minnesotans proud. Bless your heart and God speed. :salute:

Very sad to see you go, Lou. It'll be a long dark tea time of the soul without you around, but I understand your reasoning. Too little time for all the things one wants to do is a feeling I understand all too well and as I'm away from home most of the week my OFF time is also very limited.

It's been a pleasure, a privilege and an education to have known you through these fora. All the very best, Sir.

Sorry to see you having to leave us old Chap, although I hope that whatever it is that's taking up your time brings you happiness and enjoyment.

Hoping that you'll return to us one day. Salute.gif

S! Lou

I've been away from the forum for a while (more like lurking in the shadows vampire.gif ) It's good to take a break from the game or even from the comunity from time to time. I imagine when p4 is launched we will see the return of many old friends and faces. Until your return I bid you happy trails and clear skies my fellow flyer.

No way m8. It's not as easy as you put it. This is a small community. Every single member is special and cannot be replaced.

At least this is the way I feel. I hope that you'll come back soon.

Good-bye until then.

Agreed.

Look after yourself - you will be missed

Tis a sad day to see a Stalwart of the Forum take his leave

Your posts have touched many a heart more than you can know Lou

Hope you find the peace that you're seeking

We'll keep your Tankard at the Bar ready to go

Cheers M8

drinks.gif

I will also miss your keen eye for details, your ear for history, and your taste in humour.

Godspeed, Lou!

Don't forget us!

Sad - we'll be missing one of our best 'observers' - take care Lou.

I may have only recently stopped lurking and started posting....but I've been around here observing for a fair while. Enough to know the regulars from their posts (makes me sound like a stalker!). I have enjoyed your screenshots immensely. Your stories and info are always worth reading and your contributions to the game very valuable. I feel sad at the loss to the forum.

Good hunting to you sir. May you have fair weather, and the winds always blow from the east.

Take care

Scouseair

Salute.gif Its been a pleasure. Do come back.

ZZ.

I don't understand this. Why must one commit to such a final act? Its the internet, come and go at your leisure, obviously you found something here at this site that entertained you so why cut it out completely? Just slow down your activity and take care of what you need to do in the real world and when you get 10 or 15 minutes when your bored you can always come back. There is no law that says you must be on for x amount of hours a day!

appraiserfl wrote:

I don't understand this. Why must one commit to such a final act? Its the internet, come and go at your leisure, obviously you found something here at this site that entertained you so why cut it out completely? Just slow down your activity and take care of what you need to do in the real world and when you get 10 or 15 minutes when your bored you can always come back. There is no law that says you must be on for x amount of hours a day!

appraiserfl, I am going to attempt to address your point before I go Sir. First of all, I am never bored. I don't know if it's a glitch in my brain but I honestly find things to hold my interest in everything I do. I can sit in the backyard listening to the wind in the pines and get caught up in nature and the universe, and before I know it several hours have gone by. Likewise, I can come on to this forum intending to only check in for 10 or 15 minutes, and two hours later I am still finding things to read and respond to. And this is my dilemma. Becuase I have so many things that not only require my attention but that I also want to do, and because there is nowhere near enough hours in a day to do them all, I have been forced to prioritize. Family, friends, church, and job must be the first items on my list, and not always in that order. Next it's daily chores around the homefront, and after that the numerous projects I have in the works at any given time. And then comes reading and study. And after all these I like to fill in with my WWI flying and all such things related to that, of which the OFF forums are a part. Unfortunately, this last passion is the one I must cut back on.

Folks, I am touched by the many PM's and responses posted as concerns my leaving. I had no idea you all felt so strongly, and because of this I thought it proper to reevaluate my course of action. I have decided that, instead of leaving permanently, I will take rather a six month sabbatical from the OFF fora, (to quote the Latin plural of fourm as Dej so correctly used in his post), after which time I will come back to confer, converse, and otherwise hob-nob with my brother OFF'ers. And furthermore, until what time I return, Widowmaker, by virtue of his highly superior brains, shall rule in my stead... assisted by Olham, by virtue of his magnificent heart...and Von Paulus, by virtue of his courage...and uncleal, by virtue of his fringe lunacy...and rabu, by virtue of his fine skinning abilities...and Ras and Rickitycrate, by virtue of their Minnesotaness...and...and...ah Hell, you're all in charge.

My friends, I take my leave, but I shall return, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Cheers!

Lou

As always, most eloquent and thoughtful.

Hear, Hear!

plug_nickel (Al)

p.s. "I don't know if it's a glitch in my brain but I honestly find things to hold my interest in everything I do."

Lucidity is very comforting and powerful quality to achieve.

Widowmaker, by virtue of his highly superior brains, shall rule in my stead...

Cheers!

Lou

Now I know...Poor Lou has finally Lost it!!! :lol:

We look forward to your return!.........

Now I know...Poor Lou has finally Lost it!!! lol.gif

second that!

jiiipiiiieee!!! dance2.gif

... to quote the Latin plural of fourm as Dej so correctly used in his post ....

:grin: Just so as I hopefully don't look like a total swot, remembering that plural is down to a ferocious Latin master with a very flexible ruler - accurately deployed!

See ya in six months, Lou. And if that creek even flexes its muscles give us a shout here and we'll all be round to 'act the little Dutch boy'.

Widowmaker, Olham, Von Paulus, just follow that yellow brick road and the wizard will return! :good:

Edited by Dej

We will miss you my friend, and look to your return.

All the best,

Ted

Good compromise Lou have a good break !

Now I know...Poor Lou has finally Lost it!!! lol.gif

Well I hope you've found it ...cuz it's all on your shoulders now M8! rofl.gif