Sign in to follow this  
coolpilot

"request assistace" button works!

After being ambushed by MiGs, I decided to press the request assistance button, hoping somebody come would save my flight, but knowing nothing would happen.

To my surprise, 8 F-4F´s spawned a few miles behind us and engaged the MiGs!!!

Has anybody else experienced this?

post-38667-090489100 1278809494.jpg

post-38667-078345200 1278810272.jpg

Edited by coolpilot
  • Like 1

Yes, I can verify that it is indeed working now.

wow sweeet is it possible to apply this to series 1 games?

Yes, if TK actually made a newer patch for Series 1.

But that is actually good news... Made me wonder what the point was to have that option and never work...

Edited by EricJ

wow, and what about the parameters that define this? i mean...perhaps we could use it to ask for gas :good:

FINALLY .. after 7 frakking years!! It's finaly working!!! About bloody time!!!

DOn't forget, there's the Suez addon coming for WoI, so maybe it'll be incorporated in there???

wrench

kevin stein

Are you flapping kidding me?

I hadn't tried it in, I dunno, YEARS!

Gotta sweep mission fired up over on the KVM connected game system. Will have to give it a go.

If it does work, it will rock, roll and RULE!

:good:

You are kidding me - gonna have to try that out

Oooookay, looks like I'm gonna have to try for another day in the community center to get the latest patch (still running Dec 09 up here). That is friggin' sweet! :yikes: I can't think of how many times I've hit that command only to hear "Negative, we have no extra fighters available at this time."

no freaking way! :blink:

What? Did hell froze over somewhere? :tongue:

I wonder if that applies to the AI calls for assistance as well...

I'll ne damned it does work. Yes Helmut now patch up. Only took 8 years! :lol:

I'd have already patched, if it wouldn't require to re-edit my campaign files... (fixed errors with the German Richthofen & Mölders Squadron, put the Harriers on the Highway Strips...)

I wonder if it now works every time? Or still a random chance for "no assets available"?

Edited by Helmut_AUT

I wonder if it now works every time? Or still a random chance for "no assets available"?

It appears that there are certain conditions that have to be met, first: Your flight must be engaged, the enemy must have a numerical or tactical advantge over you (you're outnumbered, or you've lost members of your flight through attrition. Your flight is tasked with a strike or a bombing mission, and is not loaded out for A2A).

I concur on the conditions thing.

I attempted a call-up in each of my last 3 missions, with the first conditions met, but the tasking and loadout was for Tomcats,

and we got the "you're screwed" reply.

Maybe I'll fire up a mud-moving campaign in the near future, just to finally experience an AWACS assist...

Muwuhaha!

Belay my last, as I have finally seen it work, after trying since the SFP1 beta!

Fired up my latest campaign mission, 10 or 12 into NF4+ in the Tomcat off of the Nimitz. For the first time, was tasked

to the east, instead of south. Fighter Sweep over Peenemunde, 2 shipper.

En route it looked like a milk run. An AN-12 transiting the area, and a couple of flights of MiG-23's approaching the

target area, one heading south, the other not looking particularly offensive. I figured I'd give my wingie a rip at the

transport to pad his ace count.

Reeled him back in as I was lining up the Floggers.

gallery_310_447_48509.jpg

He used way too many missiles on that trash hauler, but we were looking good. After dispatching the Soviet Swing-wingers,

was heading over to waypoint 5 for the cruise home.

gallery_310_447_12183.jpg

Rode out the newly more evil flak, and started getting bandit calls. Took a look at the map, and it is an 8-shipper of

Fishbeds scrambling! Cut my wingie loose on one, and started to dance with a few.

gallery_310_447_73083.jpg

I had wanted to get a few on the taxiway with guns, but kept getting harassed until I got a run on the last one.

gallery_310_447_43020.jpg

Missed by THAT much! Things started getting really chippy, and I was down to just one Phoenix. I had bagged 2 of the -21's

and my late wingman, he died pretty quickly, got 2. So there were 5 still left.

gallery_310_447_9081.jpg

It looks like they got my number, and the missles were flying in. In AB, in the weeds, out of altitude, dodging and jinking,

then this thread came to me. Ba-waaa!

Tab-7-1, and for the first time ever, I saw and heard the words, almost faded out below;

gallery_310_447_48749.jpg

And vector she did! Teleported, more like;

gallery_310_447_71103.jpg

A veritable clump of excellent Eagles appeared between me and my pursuers;

gallery_310_447_18695.jpg

It was an 8-shipper, with all the trimmings! A couple of more flights of MiG's had come up to watch my demise, and were

suddenly on the defensive.

Heck, I even flung that last AGM-54, and tagged a Fishbed, they were so flustered.

After that ambush, and the saving of my bacon by the Camp New Amsterdam based Calvary, I didn't figure there was any way I

could get this shot, for the elevator ride back home.

gallery_310_447_19970.jpg

But, thanks to this EXTREMELY long awaited addition, I was able to.

Aaargh!!!

I really can't miss this Patch this time! :yes:

Edited by DaniloE31

Ok. Now that it works...

Does it make the game rediculously easier?

I haven't tested it out yet.

I wonder if the Harrier campaign became more survivable. Gotta try.

It won't give me assistance on CAP, will it?

Under the parameters need to make it work, your "stuff" has got to be pretty much in the wind.

I wouldn't say that makes it easier, per se, just more survivable in those missions, which I've been getting a lot of lately,

where you are seriously out-gunned...

Spectre, last page::

And vector she did! Teleported, more like;

Okay, you mean these helper flights pop out of hyperspace? If so, I can't get near that, as I require all AI aircraft to exist, so to speak, flying their own waypoints the whole time. I'd rather a mission or campaign simply generate backup flights that fly their own missions, helping whoever they come across, which eventually I hope to do in my own campaign when I get her done in about 10 years from now -- and still SF1 too.